Thinking of adding FX4 to my build

mikealti

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota Rav4
Can you change your order if you have a vin# and build date? like change the color?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you change your order if you have a vin# and build date? like change the color?
Not sure, I know I’m my case the only thing I had gotten from Ford directly was a confirmation of my order, no vin or build date yet as I had just placed the order about a week prior to deciding to just go ahead and add the fx4 package

mikealti

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota Rav4
Ok thanks. I wanted to change my color and I'm waiting for my dealer to find out if I can.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ok thanks. I wanted to change my color and I'm waiting for my dealer to find out if I can.
If you have a VIN, you're locked into everything on the order.

Sponsored

mikealti

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota Rav4
My dealer got my color changed on my order from cyber orange to Chili pepper red. Went on my ford tracking e-mail and it has been changed there.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As the title states, I’ve been on the fence about adding fx4 package to my build. Currently have the 4k tow package on my xlt with only 2 other minor options, but the more I see videos of the fx4 package the more it makes me think I might regret not getting the fx4 package, namely because of the more off road focused traction programs integrated into the AWD system which seem to be better (at least on the surface) than what is included with just the regular trims. I know it’s not going to make a huge difference, but I noticed in one of the YouTube reviews I’ve seen recently that the programming on the fx4 seemed to be able to better deal with some types of surfaces than the regular modes can. To get more to the point, is there any major reasons to go with the fx4 package that can’t just be added on to a 4k package AWD later on aside from the fancy 6.5 inch instrument cluster display?
Yeah the more changes you make the longer it'll take to get your truck. You will lose your place in line if you make any changes to your existing order as everybody keeps saying be happy with what you've got Or be prepared to not get your truck till this time next year

OP
OP

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah the more changes you make the longer it'll take to get your truck. You will lose your place in line if you make any changes to your existing order as everybody keeps saying be happy with what you've got Or be prepared to not get your truck till this time next year
Not too worried about it, i have 2 perfectly functioning vehicles right now so this purchase wasn’ta high priority on my list

MrHomeGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I too went back and forth on the FX4 package and selected the FX4 package on my build. I think if you go for AWD, the FX4 is a good match. I have the Falken Wildpeaks.

Ford Maverick Thinking of adding FX4 to my build IMG_2338

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got it stuck with fx4 but 4x4 with low o made it up. Granted it was a 16 degree hill and all lose rock on a side road like ball bearings. A Mazda (ranger) 93 ish manual made it up 4 low no problem a 2010 f150 did the same in 4 low. Mavrick went up and started digging I could easy back out but it didn't make it up. Also you could smell the transmission which isn't a good thing so I backed off. Was smooth gravel road till that point. Mud ruts nope slippery nope sand nope I could've took a big run at it and got up but that would've been stupid. The hill had no lines to pick was smooth lose gravel completely flat
Sponsored