First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also waited until I was able to see one & look it over & sit in it before I ordered. It has more 'space' for the driver than my current car. I can't believe I am ordering a vehicle without even test driving, but thanks to this site I think all my questions were answered by members & those who actually have one to drive. The more reviews I see, the more I believe I have made the right decision. I ordered with only the basic necessities, so maybe my built date will be accurate.

All I did was sit in one as well. That was enough, I could have asked for a test drive but the driver's seat was fine. It will drive fine and all reports are positive. Not worried.
Sponsored

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw one in person for the first time two weeks ago at the dealer...it's so tiny looking from the outside. I drive a Honda Element and my Element looked big compared to the Maverick aside from the length. (I'll post pictures and a comparsion when I get mine).

I guess in my mind I knew it was compact but just didn't know it was that small :)

It's weird though, like a magic trick. When you sit inside it it doesn't feel as small as it looks.

I guess I was a little disappointed overall as I didn't think it would look so small (almost compact car like) but on the drive home I went through my list of needs again and it checked all the boxes so I felt better. There is literally nothing else out there that checks all the boxes like a maverick does.
My current truck is a 2012 Chevy Colorado. Older Colorados like mine are the exact same height and length as a Maverick, but a Maverick is like 2 inches wider. I know it's going to he perfect for me. I already love the size, and will get double the fuel mileage with a lot more features.

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My current truck is a 2012 Chevy Colorado. Older Colorados like mine are the exact same height and length as a Maverick, but a Maverick is like 2 inches wider. I know it's going to he perfect for me. I already love the size, and will get double the fuel mileage with a lot more features.
It's funny but my first impression was that it's bigger than I thought. A lot smaller than the full sized trucks for sure, but certainly bigger than my old toyota. The fact that it's bigger was a plus. The fact that it's not too big is a bigger plus.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
It's funny but my first impression was that it's bigger than I thought. A lot smaller than the full sized trucks for sure, but certainly bigger than my old toyota. The fact that it's bigger was a plus. The fact that it's not too big is a bigger plus.
After seeing our dealers trainer unit a couple of months back we thought the same thing. Everyone kept saying how small it is but seeing it in person parked next to our 3 row GMC Acadia actually made us realize it's not that small.

Seeing it person and being able to sit in one was definitely a game changer for us.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have had mine for a little less than a month and I think it’s fantastic. Hauled a few things in the bed, had 4 adults in the cab, has plenty of power, and just a pleasure to drive. I have no regrets, zero, it’s a great smaller truck. All of you will be thrilled to have one.

Ford Maverick Annoyed after seeing Maverick in person again C43DDBEB-94D3-428B-9F7A-DBACD6FE2955

Ford Maverick Annoyed after seeing Maverick in person again C0597BD4-E131-4813-A4EC-E448623264AD

Ford Maverick Annoyed after seeing Maverick in person again A3211FF6-0BE9-4B23-9DB7-10CF6DB55ECD

Sponsored

Maui

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Kia Soul Convertble
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I saw a Mav before I ordered it (in October). I ordered the same vehicle, XL, Cactus, hitch, 360, 400w with the exception of the power train. I wanted the hybrid.

The first viewing was on a Sunday, and the dealer was closed. I went back two days later and asked for the key so I could do a test fitting. I am 6' and rather rotund, and even with the manual adjustments of the drivers seat, I found it very comfortable. I went home and built it online, and ordered it a few days later. The 2.0 I viewed was sold to the local Postmaster.

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After seeing our dealers trainer unit a couple of months back we thought the same thing. Everyone kept saying how small it is but seeing it in person parked next to our 3 row GMC Acadia actually made us realize it's not that small.

Seeing it person and being able to sit in one was definitely a game changer for us.
It's not small. It's huge next to compact cars. My neighbor has an 80's era toyota. THOSE things were small. The mav has a nice sized cab, not over sized, not small. It seats 4 comfortably and you can stuff 3 kids in the back no problem. Nice bit of storage under the seat.

The bed is big enough to be useful and it's reasonably capable off road. The question is, how much truck do you need? I need a daily driver as much as I need a truck but I'd rather not drive a truck.

My only real worry? They become so popular that they start getting hit by the chop shoppers.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A lot of us have always wanted a truck, but not the gas mileage, size or price of what is out there. Add to this that the hybrid it is flat towable, perfection for my needs.

BlueOval5.0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-150 SuperCab XLT, 5.4L 3V, Chrome Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I currently drive a Ranger. The Maverick is easier to get in and out of, rides a lot better, and has more interior room. Seems like a win-win to me for what I need it for. Now, I wait for the order banks to open for the 2023 Hybrid and learn from all of you and your experiences with the Maverick…

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I currently drive a Ranger. The Maverick is easier to get in and out of, rides a lot better, and has more interior room. Seems like a win-win to me for what I need it for. Now, I wait for the order banks to open for the 2023 Hybrid and learn from all of you and your experiences with the Maverick…
Mav hybrid is perfect for long island. All that stop and go on the belt pkwy - you will never burn any gas!

Sponsored

BlueOval5.0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-150 SuperCab XLT, 5.4L 3V, Chrome Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Mav hybrid is perfect for long island. All that stop and go on the belt pkwy - you will never burn any gas!
LOL, truth!

RussellP IL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav hybrid. 20 escape hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Believe me, we own a 2020 escape hybrid, and i did drive an xl ecoboost before i placed my order....you are going to love this truck! the escape hybrid is a perfect vehicle in todays climate except it doesnt have a bed........ cant wait!

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Believe me, we own a 2020 escape hybrid, and i did drive an xl ecoboost before i placed my order....you are going to love this truck! the escaoe hybrid is a perfect vehicle in todays climate except it doesnt have a bed........ cant wait!
I would have bought something like that years ago but we need something big enough to move larger furniture items. An open bed is really the only option other than some goofy van. With the mav I can throw the dogs in the back seat, put big stuff in the bed and still have room for a passenger.

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agree with the comments. We currently own a 2017 Ridgeline, my wife uses is as her daily and it is my weekend truck and tows a small flats boat. We went from a 2004 Lariat F150 to the Ridgeline to a Maverick ECO XLT on order. Bed load is the same across all 3, easier to drive, better MPG and with used car prices…we effectively trade even from the 2017 Ridgeline to a 2022 Ford Maverick. Does all we need and the wife is excited. Only regret is we didn’t order earlier.
Sponsored