First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 4K VB, 2022 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know this is an OLD thread but resurrecting with some questions since I may now have the ability to add this back with my forced 2023 conversion. How is the lane keep assist? Is it overly aggressive in trying to yank you back in a lane? Does it have to be dis-abled each time that you start the car?
I personally hated that feature on one of the cars that I rented, VW passat. On that vehicle when the feature kicked in I was surprised and over-compensated... light steering didn't help when reacting at high-way speed. My wife's RAV4 has the feature and it is has a lighter touch when activated.
Sponsored

Deleted member 19038

Not sure if anyone else mentions this, but on your XLT, you get Lane Keep Assist, not Lane Centering. Lane Centering is only offered on the Lariat and with the CoPilot360 Assist package.

Lane Centering is what you are likely thinking of which is the one that semi self-drives as it centers you in your lane. Very helpful for freeway driving.

On the XLT, you are getting Lane Keep Assist, which functionally only notifies you when you are leaving your lane with a steering wheel vibration and a notification on the center tachometer screen. This doesn’t automatically keep your car in the center of the lane.

Hope this helps.

I also ordered the CP360 package, and it would be the last thing that I would drop.

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 4K VB, 2022 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure if anyone else mentions this, but on your XLT, you get Lane Keep Assist, not Lane Centering. Lane Centering is only offered on the Lariat and with the CoPilot360 Assist package.

Lane Centering is what you are likely thinking of which is the one that semi self-drives as it centers you in your lane. Very helpful for freeway driving.

On the XLT, you are getting Lane Keep Assist, which functionally only notifies you when you are leaving your lane with a steering wheel vibration and a notification on the center tachometer screen. This doesn’t automatically keep your car in the center of the lane.

Hope this helps.

I also ordered the CP360 package, and it would be the last thing that I would drop.
Thank you. That helps a lot. I'm not quite ready for autonomous car driving but am o.k. with a gentle reminder.
Sponsored