2.5L Hybrid

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
HOLD!. . .I ordered oct 25th XLT Hybrid Lux. Heard from dealer around Feb March asking if I wanted to drop Lux to get sooner. I said No. I followed up at beginning of May and dealer said I was scheduled for production. . .I waited until Jun 1 and contacted dealer they said showing built but not shipped. On Friday dealer said they had my truck.

So there you go. . . I sat in it Friday and it was worth the wait. The Lux was worth it and so was the hybrid. I'll get it next week crazy excited.

The wait is hard but a sweet ride and worth it. There is nothing like the Maverick on the road.

Chance301

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a XLT lux on 7/21 and haven’t received a build date. Still looking forward to getting it but quit contacting dealer and Ford customer service a few weeks ago. Just decided to wait until it actually arrives and will get excited then. Weird thing is that I usually trade cars every two years and start thinking about the “next” car after 1 to 1.5 years. Getting a nagging feeling it’s time to start thinking about trading the Maverick! Feels like I’ve sort of had it for a year already!

OP
OP
boatman

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a XLT lux on 7/21 and haven’t received a build date. Still looking forward to getting it but quit contacting dealer and Ford customer service a few weeks ago. Just decided to wait until it actually arrives and will get excited then. Weird thing is that I usually trade cars every two years and start thinking about the “next” car after 1 to 1.5 years. Getting a nagging feeling it’s time to start thinking about trading the Maverick! Feels like I’ve sort of had it for a year already!
Ya, that's me ever few years I move on to the next one.

Sponsored

MaviXL

First Name
Beef... Mr. Boom's dog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not at Maverick Yet
These guys that ordered last summer got shafted. I do feel sorry for people waiting that long while others essentially got cut in line. I'd still hang in there and flip it versus letting the dealer take an adm. Or if they do screw you after this long it appears the forum will trash their Google my business. Hang in there.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Excitement wasn't on my 'must have' criteria list when I ordered my Maverick in Dec 2021.
Guess I'm just wired like that 🤷‍♂️

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I wasn't buying the Maverick I would just wait until the new Ranger comes out and see if it meets my requirements as well or better than Maverick.

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's a truck, man. Be logical and emotionless. Is that truck the best fit for your needs and can you wait? If so, then do so. If not, then move on.

Excitement wasn't on my 'must have' criteria list when I ordered my Maverick in Dec 2021.
Guess I'm just wired like that 🤷‍♂️
Ain't that the truth? The reason I bought the Maverick is because it's the best fit for my needs and because a 10 year old Ranger with 60K miles was only a few grand less than it cost me.

I bought it because it made financial sense and because it was a logical choice.

I guess that's why I never became one of those "FoRd HaTeS mE bEcAuSe ThEy DoN't EmAiL mE eVeRy DaY!" types.

I got it eight months after I ordered it, put it to use immediately and am glad that my logic was not flawed.

These guys that ordered last summer got shafted. I do feel sorry for people waiting that long while others essentially got cut in line. I'd still hang in there and flip it versus letting the dealer take an adm. Or if they do screw you after this long it appears the forum will trash their Google my business. Hang in there.
That would be me. I ordered mine in August of last year. It's a hybrid with a spray in bed liner, which are two constrained items. After I was sure my order was in correctly, I stopped worrying about it. I didn't want to get rid of the spray in bed liner in the hopes of getting it quicker. I purchased it in April and it's done what I bought it to do and done it well.

At any point, did I get excited about it? Nope. Pleased that a much better work truck arrived and that I could get rid of the old one? Yes. But excited? Nope.

Last edited:

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ordered a Hybrid FE on 7/24/21 and picked it up 6/3/22, hang in there, as Tim Bartz the Ford Video Guy said, FE's have to be built this year.

TMAC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick & 94 Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went thru that feelin. But ALL Mothers can seem to wait 9 months. I finally got mine a week ago. I thought I was buying a bottom of the line pick up truck, like the late 60s Datsun or Toyotas. It has been a long time since I just wanted to go for a Sunday drive. I have owned over 40 cars & Bikes and a partnership in an Automotive Diagnostic shop. Ford Engineers got their grease together for new Maverick. This afternoon I babied my Hybrid XLT, around town and made it show FORTY THREE mpg. And 75% throttle still gets you up the on ramps with no fear of becoming a PeterBuilt hood ornament. Hybrid brakes need little mindfulness, with the regeneration system. Rides firm, who remembers Body Roll ? Doors close with the perfect thump, no window rattles. Stereo and all the creature comforts are futuristic. GentleMen, The wait is worth it. FOR SALE TOO much to list. $ 75,000.00 U.S.

Ford Maverick Think Ive lost the excitment. Mav 2 copy
Sponsored