Sponsored

Just don't think the Santa Cruz looks like a truck.

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Also do not like the fact that the bed can only support 600#, the higher cost, and the low MPG. The only advantage appears to be availability, warranty, and towing. So the question is "can I accept the negatives"; Answer: HELL NO !!!!!!!!!
Sponsored

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also do not like the fact that the bed can only support 600#, the higher cost, and the low MPG. The only advantage appears to be availability, warranty, and towing. So the question is "can I accept the negatives"; Answer: HELL NO !!!!!!!!!
The info about the bed was a rumor that turned out to not be true. The Santa Cruz has around the same payload as the Maverick. One idiot on youtube made a comment about that and compared the numbers to the Maverick forgetting that payload includes passengers...if you seat 4-5 folks in the Maverick or the Santa Cruz you are left with about 600 pounds for the back of the truck...he said his Taco was 1000-1600 payload...and acted like you don;t have passengers in it as well...as far as your other commentary...I like the looks of the Maverick better and it's cheaper...but I don't like turbo's...especially those built by Ford who has the highest warranty repair cost in the industry for workmanship and the Hybrid which I have ordered has it's own set of problems with promises that ford will correct them....and so far IMHO Ford promises are worthless based upon my experience with this truck..

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am used to driving Ford trucks. I can enter and exit them quite comfortably.

I sat in a Santa Cruz at the Car Max. With the extreme sloping windshield, I smashed my pumpkin head real good.

I got a bruising from my Cruzin.

So the question is "can I accept the negatives"; Answer: HELL NO !!!!!!!!!

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am used to driving Ford trucks. I can enter and exit them quite comfortably.

I sat in a Santa Cruz at the Car Max. With the extreme sloping windshield, I smashed my pumpkin head real good.

I got a bruising from my Cruzin.

So the question is "can I accept the negatives"; Answer: HELL NO !!!!!!!!!
II wear Cowboy hats and have to duck to get into my Jeep and Subaru. Only my Winnebago class B has head room so I don't have to duck..

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The info about the bed was a rumor that turned out to not be true. The Santa Cruz has around the same payload as the Maverick. One idiot on youtube made a comment about that and compared the numbers to the Maverick forgetting that payload includes passengers...if you seat 4-5 folks in the Maverick or the Santa Cruz you are left with about 600 pounds for the back of the truck...he said his Taco was 1000-1600 payload...and acted like you don;t have passengers in it as well...as far as your other commentary...I like the looks of the Maverick better and it's cheaper...but I don't like turbo's...especially those built by Ford who has the highest warranty repair cost in the industry for workmanship and the Hybrid which I have ordered has it's own set of problems with promises that ford will correct them....and so far IMHO Ford promises are worthless based upon my experience with this truck..
https://jalopnik.com/what-is-the-real-payload-of-the-2022-hyundai-santa-cruz-1847519398

"So, 1,411 pounds, like the doorjamb sticker says. This number is also one I have not seen at all in any promotional website or media about the Santa Cruz. It’s also worth noting that the manual warns not to exceed 661 pounds in the bed itself—at least that’s what I think they mean by specifying “cargo.”

https://www.santacruzforums.com/threads/weight-capacity-of-santa-cruz.9695/

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Raymundo76

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Actually, the bed itself is 661# according to fossil.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can say that; but I have no personal knowledge, so I referenced you (just covering my ass, sorry).
I hear ya, that's why I included the link to the Santa Cruz forum, they argue about it also.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Sponsored

whitef

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lost count...about 12.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Neither the Santa Cruz nor the Maverick are a truck. The Santa Cruz is a repackaged car based SUV, and the Maverick is a repackaged Focus. Both are shaped like pickup trucks, but neither are anything more than cheap front drive cars masquerading as trucks.

I get a chuckle when I see "built Ford tough" molded in the plastic in the covers near the door hinge. Then you crawl under there and see....a Focus.

Nothing wrong with a Focus, but the idea that any of these are "trucks" is ridiculous.

OP
OP
Raymundo76

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Neither the Santa Cruz nor the Maverick are a truck. The Santa Cruz is a repackaged car based SUV, and the Maverick is a repackaged Focus. Both are shaped like pickup trucks, but neither are anything more than cheap front drive cars masquerading as trucks.

I get a chuckle when I see "built Ford tough" molded in the plastic in the covers near the door hinge. Then you crawl under there and see....a Focus.

Nothing wrong with a Focus, but the idea that any of these are "trucks" is ridiculous.
Call it what you like; I will take the MPG to the bank !!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Maybe you need to see your Optometrist for some new glasses if all you see is a Focus everywhere. Maverick and Bronco Sport are both based on the Escape platform. I disagree that my Maverick with AWD, IRS and 4k tow package is a cheap front drive car masquerading as anything else. It has a repurposed car platform under it but that is where similarity of purpose ends. I guess you were probably out of focus on the Avalanche, Ridgeline and decades of Rancheros and El Caminos too because they derived from car platforms 🤦‍♂️

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Maybe you need to see your Optometrist for some new glasses if all you see is a Focus everywhere. Maverick and Bronco Sport are both based on the Escape platform. I disagree that my Maverick with AWD, IRS and 4k tow package is a cheap front drive car masquerading as anything else. It has a repurposed car platform under it but that is where similarity of purpose ends. I guess you were probably out of focus on the Avalanche, Ridgeline and decades of Rancheros and El Caminos too because they derived from car platforms 🤦‍♂️
The Focus and the Maverick are built on Fords C2 platform. The Bronco Sport and the Escape are also built on the C2 platform as are many other vehicles in Ford and Lincolns lineup.

The Ford C2 platform is an automobile platform developed by Ford since 2018. It replaced the Ford C1 platform as the platform for its compact cars (C-segment). The modularity of the platform enables it to be used for various models, which spreads out development costs over more vehicles. It can use torsion beam or multilink rear suspension. Unlike its predecessor, the C2 platform can be used for cars of varying wheelbases and track widths, from subcompact to compact. Vehicles based on the C2 platform have been reviewed very favorably with regards to driving characteristics.

Applications Include:
Ford Focus (fourth generation) (C519; 2018–present)
Ford Escape (fourth generation)/Kuga (third generation) (CX482; 2019–present)
Ford Bronco Sport (CX430; 2020–present)
Ford Maverick (P758; 2021–present)
Ford Evos (2021–present)
Ford Mondeo (China) (2022–present)
Lincoln Corsair (CX483; 2019–present)
Lincoln Zephyr (2022–present)

OP
OP
Raymundo76

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well said. I actually owned a Focus wgn, I loved it. My EX wife rolled it and walked away (maybe she crawled as she was likely drunk).
Sponsored