vertigo12369

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's funny how much the quality varies from song to song. High quality MP3/FLAC helps, but needs more power and improved imaging overall. I'm going to start with a DSP and see how much improvement that provides before removing trim panels.
Sponsored

Irich609

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I feel the same. I’m scared to push them past 15!
There's a few videos out saying hat there is a break in period for the stock speakers. I've had my truck for about three months and i d say that it's probably wise to wait a few weeks before you push em past that. I still only ride around 18-20. Planning on upgrading the door 6.5s

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There's a few videos out saying hat there is a break in period for the stock speakers. I've had my truck for about three months and i d say that it's probably wise to wait a few weeks before you push em past that. I still only ride around 18-20. Planning on upgrading the door 6.5s
Thanks! I’m almost at 2 months. The sound system is the only thing that is not better than my previous vehicle. I had the upgraded system with a sub in my 2011 Soul. It fucking slumped!

acron1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
B&O sucks.
I have no idea how the B&O sound system sounds in the Maverick BUT B&O is a legendary Dutch company of high-end electronics, they are so beautifully designed that some are featured in the museum of modern art...

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
I think they are pretty good, I was cranking SRV @ 25 and it sounded really good. May depend on your source and choice of song?

Mike
This is it…. I’d have some songs that sounded decent and I could play at 23/24 through iTunes and others that would distort bad at 17…. But it’s not good…. Simply replacing the front components you can hear what you were missing and how muddy the factory speakers are

Sponsored

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Work ok for me, I like the dynamics setting it has as well. It’s obviously not designed to knock your socks off, but I can listen comfortably at highway speeds, sounds great for around town, etc. If you want heavy-hitting base stock, it’ll fall short there.

The Toyota Echo, in particular the 2 door model, had a surprisingly kick ass system stock, friend had one for years so I know that car well. Even my 4Runner has a good sound system and a Camry I had was just a good. We are talking Japanese vehicles though and there is a reason why my surround sound equipment at home is Sony and Yamaha products as a result.
Yeah I had a 2016 highlander and 2016 Camry SE and both stock systems were pretty damn good…. Would love if the stock system in this sounded near as good…. Alas it just didn’t and would distort at 60% volume and the junk speakers had to go (the 4” speakers weigh significantly more than the 6.5 door speakers)

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
The first few days I was disappointed in the stereo. I adjusted the bass and treble and was pleasantly surprised how good it was. I have had cars with better stereos but it’s pretty good. That being said if I could improve for not much money I would.

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used to be in the car audio business and then Home theater. I can only say it’s the best sounding stock system I’ve ever had. But I plan to do some upgrades. Fronts first and then a small sub.

OP
OP

Stock411

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The first few days I was disappointed in the stereo. I adjusted the bass and treble and was pleasantly surprised how good it was. I have had cars with better stereos but it’s pretty good. That being said if I could improve for not much money I would.
I got it kinda like that, but the overall projection of the driver is meh.. sounds like you’re listening to music in a hall room or something? Best I’d describe it. I’m going to go with putting a couple of 3-way rockford fosgate 6.5 speakers in and it should even everything out nicely.

I’ll bust out my expensive mic and record a before and after for everyone. (Once they’re here)

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
Day three of owning my Maverick now, the audio quality from the stock speakers are just meh. Sounds muddy and not much kick. (Even with playing with the EQ).

I was watching a few reviews prior delivery and they’ve all stated they’re just okay or really good for being a cheap truck. I’m reality for my ears.. they’re bad. I’ve had many cheapo cars like a Toyota Echo and they’ve had better sounding audio.

/just my two cents, planning on upgrading the interior door speakers next
One of the worst OEM systems ever placed in a vehicle.

Sponsored

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Replacing speakers is usually very cost-effective. They aren't too expensive and are usually fairly easy to replace. I went that route with my last couple of vehicles although I left the six-speaker system in my Forester as-is. I can live with it. I'll be interested to hear what the stock Maverick system sounds like...

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Day three of owning my Maverick now, the audio quality from the stock speakers are just meh. Sounds muddy and not much kick. (Even with playing with the EQ).

I was watching a few reviews prior delivery and they’ve all stated they’re just okay or really good for being a cheap truck. I’m reality for my ears.. they’re bad. I’ve had many cheapo cars like a Toyota Echo and they’ve had better sounding audio.

/just my two cents, planning on upgrading the interior door speakers next
Try using a USB thumb drive loaded with music files, it should sound better. USB provides the best audio quality in any vehicle since it uses the vehicle's DAC (Digital Audio Controller). Streaming via Bluetooth or Android audio uses the tiny DAC in the phone.

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Try using a USB thumb drive loaded with music files, it should sound better. USB provides the best audio quality in any vehicle since it uses the vehicle's DAC (Digital Audio Controller).
Does that mean that connecting an iPod full of music via USB would be a good plan?

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bummer. I don't get it, though... half the music on my iPod Touch is downloaded from iTunes. The iPod plugged in directly wouldn't work, but music files from iTunes on a jump drive would? Can I even play my iPod music via Bluetooth? I had asked that previously and was told I could...

(Kind of funny that I'm stressing over this and I probably won't have my Maverick for ten months!)
Sponsored