David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’ve heard the term “the speaker’s sound muddy” for the last 50+ years. It wasn’t until I got my Maverick, that I finally understood what people were talking about. My next upgrade will be new speakers from Crutchfield. Rather than searching through posts, ideas?
Sponsored

OP
OP
dhill59

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I did, and it is over and over. But too much work to decipher. Someone should create a speaker thread. 😊

BluegrassNbass

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Stock XL...good enough for me. I guess I upgraded my speakers though...24 lariat :ROFLMAO:

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't usually do this, but it's literally a sticky in the sub forum you posted in lol. There is a lot of audio stuff on the 1st page. You can even Google "Maverick speaker upgrade" for easier specific links. Basically just go to crutchfield, see what is plug and play, figure out the mounting depth and go from there. You already said you found tons of information, maybe time to read it and post your specific questions in those threads.

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve heard the term “the speaker’s sound muddy” for the last 50+ years. It wasn’t until I got my Maverick, that I finally understood what people were talking about. My next upgrade will be new speakers from Crutchfield. Rather than searching through posts, ideas?
I'd just wash them off 🤔

Detroit D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav XLT BLK PK / 2022 F-150 XLT BLK PK
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After two weeks, swapped out the stock, front-door speakers with 6 3/4" Kickers (46CSC674 from Crutchfield).

Sounds much better.

D

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Go get whatever fits the door and your budget. The Kicker KS series was mentioned and it's one of the least expensive options with silk dome tweeters and is efficient enough to work without an amp. Anything you install will be better with an amp but you can start with just the door speakers.

Do not install boom mats or anything similar. I had some water in the door on my son's older SUV and tried Boom Mats, not realizing that they absolutely kill bass response. Whatever the air volume is, it's woefully inadequate.

Joliet Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JolietMike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own 2023 Lariat Eco...Ordered 2023/24 XLT HYBRID
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If possible, Install a power Amp and or a sub and see what it sounds like before replacing speakers. You would be surprised what a little more power does to a stock speaker.

Exranger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EB FX4 4K Tow LAR LUX Area 51 RCVD 4/27/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Go to settings, raise treble all the way, mid to center, lower bass and see. Set to driver focus

Sponsored
OP
OP
dhill59

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Go to settings, raise treble all the way, mid to center, lower bass and see. Set to driver focus
Sounds better. Speakers still need to be replaced. I’ll decide on the work if I don’t keep my 2023 XLT when it comes in next month. Thanks

Last edited:

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While the OEM speakers are crap, the real magic for my truck was the amp/DSP, in my case the humble Kicker Key 200.4. Without it, even quality aftermarket speakers were "muddy" as the factory radio is equalized for the OEM speakers.
Sponsored