First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick,Porsche 986,997.1,S4,Tesla
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Recenly took delivery of my xlt, love the truck but the speakers are by far the worst sounding. I tried adjusting mids,highs,lows.Nope… sounds like the speakers are underneath a bucket. This will definitely the first upgrade and a slim subwoofer the only thing I was hoping they have a harness for the subwoofer line out I really don’t want to tap the factory wirings. Has anyone tap into the fuse for power and remote vs going to the battery, I wish I had the B&O oredered. Just my rant.
Sponsored

advhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Triumph Street Twin, BMW G650 X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, they are bad. My standard stock 2018 Jeep speakers were much better.

I replaced the fronts with Focal K2 components. Things are better now. Probably not going to add a sub, amp, or rears for a long time but I got the fronts replaced immediately since they are so bad.

Beware: some woofers like the K2 are too big to fit without custom mounting due to the window track position. I went to a local installer since no adapters are yet available. Or just pick a speaker which is less deep.

You might be interested in BlakesCars2 who recently DIY swapped fronts:

OP
OP

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I replaced the fronts with Focal K2 components. Things are better now. Probably not going to add a sub, amp, or rears for a long time but I got the fronts replaced immediately since they are so bad.

Beware: some woofers like the K2 are too big to fit without custom mounting due to the window track position. I went to a local installer since no adapters are yet available. Or just pick a speaker which is less deep.

Many Thanks just

Many thanks! Might do it this weekend I’ve been eyeing the clubman 6520 Jbl and metra cable. Just something better than stocks.

spuds_mackenzie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hot pepper red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wish I had the B&O oredered. Just my rant.
I have the B&O. I really doubt they sound that much better. The only upside is the subwoofer they come with, which also sucks, but its better than no sub at all. I'll also be replacing mine with something better at some point.

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Can the electronic gurus...share more detail on what all can one do to improve the weak audio of the standard radio>?

1. Speaker upgrades - check
2. Aftermarket amp possible for the head unit>?
3. Subwoofer possible for factory head unit>?

I don't know much about car audio...even as an telecom engineer...but I'd be happy to tackle some proven upgrade options...from those who know...

Sponsored

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Paul McGowan of PS audio once said an easy way to think of what to do to get the most improvement for your money is work from your ears backwards: so first speakers, then power amp, then signal. This was in the context of home hifi, but a similar theory can apply to our use scenario.

Start with upgrading speakers to get the most impactful change for the least money. Add amplification after that if you want better sound. Here's where it can get tricky: you may need to add something like an audio control into the mix to counter act some of the built-in nannies that the factory head unit may have built in (I don't have experience with modern Ford; my last was a 2002 ranger). Some factory systems are designed to do things like attenuate bass as volume goes up to protect the garbage stock speakers from failing. My cursory online search indicates Ford may do this on other models and that maybe it can be defeated in forscan. If not you would need a hardware solution. I haven't looked too much into it because I will be waiting forever to get scheduled and take delivery of my hybrid so it's not a ripe issue for me yet.

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
When the Sync audio unit failed in my 2016 Transit Connect and I couldn’t accept the $3,000 replacement cost, i install a touch screen head unit and a pair of $100 upgrade speakers. The speakers alone made a noticeable difference.

OP
OP

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Alright I installed jbl 6520 and asc adapter and cable from Amazon sounds good and much better than the stock and less 80 Amazon easy to install. Now I can hear the highs and much better sound but It’s still not what I’m looking for and expected. I will buy the kicker 8 inch low profile and will try to tap the stereo wires since there’s no rca maybe next weekend. I am not looking for earth shaking just a little more bass. I had cars with built in subwoofer stock Bose and it’s sounded good. I really wish I had gotten the B&O so I don’t have to cut wires and tamper with the truck.

lafire4you

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Recenly took delivery of my xlt, love the truck but the speakers are by far the worst sounding. I tried adjusting mids,highs,lows.Nope… sounds like the speakers are underneath a bucket. This will definitely the first upgrade and a slim subwoofer the only thing I was hoping they have a harness for the subwoofer line out I really don’t want to tap the factory wirings. Has anyone tap into the fuse for power and remote vs going to the battery, I wish I had the B&O oredered. Just my rant.
thinking of the same. Was going to use a 8 inch powered sub under the back bench. Does any one know is stock head unit has RCA out puts?

801Mav

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf VW Alltrack
Alright I installed jbl 6520 and asc adapter and cable from Amazon sounds good and much better than the stock and less 80 Amazon easy to install. Now I can hear the highs and much better sound but It’s still not what I’m looking for and expected. I will buy the kicker 8 inch low profile and will try to tap the stereo wires since there’s no rca maybe next weekend. I am not looking for earth shaking just a little more bass. I had cars with built in subwoofer stock Bose and it’s sounded good. I really wish I had gotten the B&O so I don’t have to cut wires and tamper with the truck.
Can you link the adapter and cable needed?

Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you link the adapter and cable needed?

Thanks!
that’s the adapter and brackets so you can get a larger magnet speakers. As far as the clubman 6520 it’s good enough I’m sure there’s better ones But for the price I couldn’t pass it up.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anybody try putting 3 way speakers in? Seems like the most bang for your buck.

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What ohm are the factory speakers, anyone know?

EDIT - I see that they are 4 ohm

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
I just watched the videos above and Holy Crap does he do a bad job on the back speakers. I think I will wait for the proper adapters before changing the rear speakers.

OP
OP

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
just finished my subwoofer install. After installling it at the rear seats I’ve decided to move it underneath the bench it’s definitely a better location you can definitely hear and feel the bass. I spent less than 260 bucks JBL clubman 6520,adapters,amp kit and slpro8 subwoofer with Amazon coupon. I tap the front speakers for audio and ran power wire on the drivers side and ran remote and speaker along passenger. There’s a single grommet for the power wire under the drivers side. I also tap number 6 fuse for the remote. I will do the clean up wires tomorrow. My hands has cuts and back hurts inhavent done this audio stuff for over 25 years ago. Lol

Ford Maverick Stock Speakers worst speakers A5AB2425-91D3-411F-9092-39856645652C
Sponsored