First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
just finished my subwoofer install. After installling it at the rear seats I’ve decided to move it underneath the bench it’s definitely a better location you can definitely hear and feel the bass. I spent less than 260 bucks JBL clubman 6520,adapters,amp kit and slpro8 subwoofer with Amazon coupon. I tap the front speakers for audio and ran power wire on the drivers side and ran remote and speaker along passenger. There’s a single grommet for the power wire under the drivers side. I also tap number 6 fuse for the remote. I will do the clean up wires tomorrow. My hands has cuts and back hurts inhavent done this audio stuff for over 25 years ago. Lol

A5AB2425-91D3-411F-9092-39856645652C.jpeg
But how does it sound? :)
Sponsored

OP
OP

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick,Porsche 986,997.1,S4,Tesla
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But how does it sound? :)
I’m loving this sound definitely the B&O sounds a little cleaner but the jbl clibman 6520 with the slpro 8 you can hear the highs and definitely the bass hits hard. I first installed it at the rear and relocate it underneath glad I did, I can’t complained sounds really good. I was gonna add a LC EQ decided not too I’m happy with sound and not spending over 300 bucks.

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you get the better speakers in an XLT still? I didnt see an option when I was using the builder on my XLT a week ago

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you get the better speakers in an XLT still? I didnt see an option when I was using the builder on my XLT a week ago
The only way to get better speakers from the factory is to step up to the b&o system in the lariat (lariat lux?).

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only way to get better speakers from the factory is to step up to the b&o system in the lariat (lariat lux?).
I thought it was the same door speakers?

Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought it was the same door speakers?
maybe I'm wrong then. i know someone has posted the p/n for the speakers here previously.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
maybe I'm wrong then. i know someone has posted the p/n for the speakers here previously.
I thought they did, I haven't found it :unsure:

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
B&O has different door speakers. And tweeters, also adds a midrange squawker in the dash. (and, of course, the back wall subwoofer)

It had been reported that the B&O system may have the same C pillar speakers as the standard system based on a line diagram with part numbers that was published.

But BlakesCars2 took out his c pillar speakers on his XLT, and the part number appeared to be different than the B&O c pillar speaker. So I don't think there is any speaker commonality between B&O and base system.

Last edited:

kxtrain

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I had to replace the speakers. Went with a full kicker system. All 4 speakers with amp and an 8" square kicker sub and amp

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
B&O has different door speakers. And tweeters, also adds a midrange squawker in the dash. (and, of course, the back wall subwoofer)

It had been reported that the B&O system may have the same C pillar speakers as the standard system based on a line diagram with part numbers that was published.

But BlakesCars2 took out his c pillar speakers on his XLT, and the part number appeared to be different than the B&O c pillar speaker. So I don't think there is any speaker commonality between B&O and base system.
I just checked and B&O is lariat lux only. For what you are paying, I'd be pissed of any of the speakers are the same. I've seen the videos and the stock speakers are clearly crap.

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just checked and B&O is lariat lux only. For what you are paying, I'd be pissed of any of the speakers are the same. I've seen the videos and the stock speakers are clearly crap.
Yep, Lariat Lux only. It's one of the reasons I upgraded to Lux.

OP
OP

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick,Porsche 986,997.1,S4,Tesla
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just saw that's the same speakers you went with! Glad to hear you like them.

I'm gonna pick up one of these for the subs, should have me squared away: Sound Storm Laboratories LOPRO10 Amplified Car Subwoofer - 1200 Watts Max Power, Low Profile, 10 Inch Subwoofer, Remote Subwoofer Control, Great For Vehicles Needing Bass But Have Limited Space, Black

Are these the adapters that will work for speakers? I think they are.
Metra 82-5605 6.5" Speaker Plate - Pair
Metra Electronics 72-5602 4-Way Speaker Harness Connector for Ford
Dont forget the amp kit the lopro doesnt come with it. I used the boss amp kit 8 gauge and it works fine. Definitely the Lopro 10 will hit hard my 8s sound good already. I routed the power driver side and the speakers,remote @ the passengers side. I tap number 6 for the remote so when I take my keys out and exit the car the sub/amp is off. Im happy with my budget sound upgrade. I thought about the JBL GTO but i couldnt justify the price.