FriarPop

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Day three of owning my Maverick now, the audio quality from the stock speakers are just meh. Sounds muddy and not much kick. (Even with playing with the EQ).

I was watching a few reviews prior delivery and they’ve all stated they’re just okay or really good for being a cheap truck. I’m reality for my ears.. they’re bad. I’ve had many cheapo cars like a Toyota Echo and they’ve had better sounding audio.

/just my two cents, planning on upgrading the interior door speakers next
I dont think ive watched a single real professional reviewer say these speakers are good and i've watched hundreds of videos going back to October. Sorry you were told they were fine, they are rated D by most critics. Easy and cheap fix though.
Sponsored

JPH 673

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 truck Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think they are pretty good, I was cranking SRV @ 25 and it sounded really good. May depend on your source and choice of song?

Mike
I did not purchase my vehicle to be boom boxing through the neighborhood. You can always go to an auto A/V shop and get an upgrade.

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
I have no idea how the B&O sound system sounds in the Maverick BUT B&O is a legendary Dutch company of high-end electronics, they are so beautifully designed that some are featured in the museum of modern art...
Yeah it’s not really a B&O system
Replacing speakers is usually very cost-effective. They aren't too expensive and are usually fairly easy to replace. I went that route with my last couple of vehicles although I left the six-speaker system in my Forester as-is. I can live with it. I'll be interested to hear what the stock Maverick system sounds like...
powerbass makes these plug and play drop ins and the door panels, dash speaker covers aren’t that hard to remove (with removal tools which you can get for like $5-$10)…. I’m pretty pleased with how they sound…. Increased clarity and you’d hear parts of songs that weren’t there with the stock…. I added a kicker key 200.4 to them last night and I’m impressed with how they’re handling the amp (they’re rated 60 rms and the amp is running 50 rms)…. The components are $129 and the coax are $99…. Simple, cost effective upgrade…. i won’t pretend like they’re among the best component set in their price range, but they’re easy and are decent quality for the price (and the tweeters are silk dome, which I prefer)

Last edited:

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Bummer. I don't get it, though... half the music on my iPod Touch is downloaded from iTunes. The iPod plugged in directly wouldn't work, but music files from iTunes on a jump drive would? Can I even play my iPod music via Bluetooth? I had asked that previously and was told I could...

(Kind of funny that I'm stressing over this and I probably won't have my Maverick for ten months!)
I think an iPod touch might be a different t story from an old school iPhone, but I could be totally off base…. If I still had one I’d test it

OP
OP

Stock411

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I dont think ive watched a single real professional reviewer say these speakers are good and i've watched hundreds of videos going back to October. Sorry you were told they were fine, they are rated D by most critics. Easy and cheap fix though.

Few smaller YouTube reviews gave me a glimmer of hope lol.

Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have no idea how the B&O sound system sounds in the Maverick BUT B&O is a legendary Dutch company of high-end electronics, they are so beautifully designed that some are featured in the museum of modern art...
B&O is a great company that has produced good audio products for a long time. However, like most older companies, they sell their name. Are the Ford B&O speakers, really made by B&O, or are they licensed only? Be interesting to find out.

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does that mean that connecting an iPod full of music via USB would be a good plan?
No, that would still use the DAC of your phone instead of the vehicle's DAC. Try a USB thumb drive and compare it to your phone. You don't have to be an audiophile to hear the difference.

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

sunismymed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 xl
Engine
Undecided
I used to be in the car audio business and then Home theater. I can only say it’s the best sounding stock system I’ve ever had. But I plan to do some upgrades. Fronts first and then a small sub.
When you do it, please let us know here what you've done and learned. Yeah, photos and even a video would really rock!
Sponsored