Stock411

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Day three of owning my Maverick now, the audio quality from the stock speakers are just meh. Sounds muddy and not much kick. (Even with playing with the EQ).

I was watching a few reviews prior delivery and they’ve all stated they’re just okay or really good for being a cheap truck. I’m reality for my ears.. they’re bad. I’ve had many cheapo cars like a Toyota Echo and they’ve had better sounding audio.

/just my two cents, planning on upgrading the interior door speakers next
Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I feel the same. I’m scared to push them past 15!

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The stock speakers look like crap from other reviews on here. Even the upgraded B&O system apparently isn't that great. If you like music and plan to keep your truck, upgrades are definitely going to be a necessity.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The stock speakers look like crap from other reviews on here. Even the upgraded B&O system apparently isn't that great. If you like music and plan to keep your truck, upgrades are definitely going to be a necessity.
The B&O seems to get mixed reviews from what ive seen. If it's as good or better than the HK in my 17' outback I'll be pleased

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The B&O seems to get mixed reviews from what ive seen. If it's as good or better than the HK in my 17' outback I'll be pleased
I'll have this in my hypothetical truck and should be fine with it. Not an audiophile by any means! Nonetheless, it has left some wanting.

Sponsored

mikedege

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think they are pretty good, I was cranking SRV @ 25 and it sounded really good. May depend on your source and choice of song?

Mike

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll have this in my hypothetical truck and should be fine with it. Not an audiophile by any means! Nonetheless, it has left some wanting.
True but everyone's expectations are so very different it's hard to not take reviews with a grain of salt. I personally want to stay as OEM as possible but if the system does underperform drastically, after warranty all bets are off. Good thing is that it's a small cab and shouldn't take much to make it sound good. At least in theory

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m pretty happy with the B&O Speakers although for some reason the signal stops often and I have no sound for about 25 seconds.

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
The stock speakers have hardly any magnet and are not much better than a clock radio.

gametyme89

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Day three of owning my Maverick now, the audio quality from the stock speakers are just meh. Sounds muddy and not much kick. (Even with playing with the EQ).

I was watching a few reviews prior delivery and they’ve all stated they’re just okay or really good for being a cheap truck. I’m reality for my ears.. they’re bad. I’ve had many cheapo cars like a Toyota Echo and they’ve had better sounding audio.

/just my two cents, planning on upgrading the interior door speakers next
In my opinion, if a vehicle is called an 'echo' I would hope it has good audio 😁

Sponsored

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Work ok for me, I like the dynamics setting it has as well. It’s obviously not designed to knock your socks off, but I can listen comfortably at highway speeds, sounds great for around town, etc. If you want heavy-hitting base stock, it’ll fall short there.

The Toyota Echo, in particular the 2 door model, had a surprisingly kick ass system stock, friend had one for years so I know that car well. Even my 4Runner has a good sound system and a Camry I had was just a good. We are talking Japanese vehicles though and there is a reason why my surround sound equipment at home is Sony and Yamaha products as a result.

Jwhisl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Several people have commented on the size of the magnet. I feel most people don't know they are comparing apples to oranges. The magnets most of us are used to seeing are ferrite magnets. They are larger and stick out from the sides of the speaker base slightly. Nowadays most speaker manufacturers are using a material called neodymium. It has much more magnetic energy per volume than ferrite, allowing a much smaller magnet to do the same job. What you are seeing on the maverick speakers are neodymium. That being said almost all factory systems will have these now to save on space and weight. Not saying the factory speakers don't suck though

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

B&O sucks.

HPRMav

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
The speakers are very much Meh… I watched a ton of videos on YouTube before buying the vehicle and I get what they’re saying now after having it a week. The quality is not great. Not horrible either. Will be upgrading them down the road being that I love listening to music in my cars.
Sponsored