First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It came in yesterday but I wasn't feeling well. I purchased a Steeda Strut Tower Brace. It came professionally wrapped,, as it is powder coated. It took about 30 minutes to install with 2 bolts, 2 spacers and 2 washers. Had to relocate a wiring harness.

The Results:
Took it out for a 30 mile test drive evaluation. The strut Tower brace has done exactly what I had hoped for. It has stiffened the chassis just right. Gone is the vague feeling on initial turn in, now quicker and more linear, but not twitchy at all. The ride quality is enhanced in that body motions now do not affect the steering as much. Also noticed a reduction in cruise control pull to the right, when the throttle is applied vigorously by the CC. AKA torque steer. Seems to track straighter all the time, as compared to before. Not wanting to spend thousands on suspension mods, I think this is my perfect solution to the IMO marginal front suspension, . It is the only thing I am truly disappointed in and this has helped.. This strut brace has exorcised some of the FWD gremlins.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kickjbl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks sweet! Was it pricey?

OP
OP
r100gs91

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks sweet! Was it pricey?
$125 ITD. I HAD ANOTHER item which got me free shipping. Also received a first time 5% discount.

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It came in yesterday but I wasn't feeling well. I purchased a Steeda Strut Tower Brace. It came professionally wrapped,, as it is powder coated. It took about 30 minutes to install with 2 bolts, 2 spacers and 2 washers. Had to relocate a wiring harness.

The Results:
Took it out for a 30 mile test drive evaluation. The strut Tower brace has done exactly what I had hoped for. It has stiffened the chassis just right. Gone is the vague feeling on initial turn in, now quicker and more linear, but not twitchy at all. The ride quality is enhanced in that body motions now do not affect the steering as much. Also noticed a reduction in cruise control pull to the right, when the throttle is applied vigorously. AKA torque steer. Seems to track straighter all the time, as compared to before. Not wanting to spend thousands on suspension mods, I think this is my perfect solution to the IMO marginal front suspension, . It is the only thing I am truly disappointed in and this has helped.. This strut brace has exorcised some of the FWD gremlins.
That's sweet! I'm a nubie to all this but it seems strange that Ford couldn't include that simple looking part into a lux build or a la cart at the factory. Will have to look into one for my hybrid.

Sponsored

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The Results:
Took it out for a 30 mile test drive evaluation. The strut Tower brace has done exactly what I had hoped for. It has stiffened the chassis just right. Gone is the vague feeling on initial turn in, now quicker and more linear, but not twitchy at all. The ride quality is enhanced in that body motions now do not affect the steering as much. Also noticed a reduction in cruise control pull to the right, when the throttle is applied vigorously. AKA torque steer. Seems to track straighter all the time, as compared to before. Not wanting to spend thousands on suspension mods, I think this is my perfect solution to the IMO marginal front suspension, . It is the only thing I am truly disappointed in and this has helped.. This strut brace has exorcised some of the FWD gremlins.
Looks great! are you on stock tires?

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The Results:
Looks nice

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
someone should make a brace that ties to the firewall too...

Sponsored

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am glad to hear it made a difference. I have been skeptical of this brace since it only attaches at one bolt per side. I thought it would need a bigger 'foot print' to really effect body twist.
@Fast Mavericks is making a 2 bolt per side brace, and looking at getting a third.

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

@Fast Mavericks is making a 2 bolt per side brace, and looking at getting a third.
You understand the physics involved. Again I have not seen one of these bars personally, to me it seams like a rush job and not a well thought out engineered product, but I could be very wrong on that.

E30andrew

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would definitely feel more comfortable with a 2-3 bolt/side brace, but this does still look pretty quality.

flabber23

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
do you have a link to the part?

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You understand the physics involved. Again I have not seen one of these bars personally, to me it seams like a rush job and not a well thought out engineered product, but I could be very wrong on that.
Ya, it is simplified. Right now it's better then nothing... It will have to be removed to allow access to the battery ...
Jerry
Sponsored