Evil2ltr

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
Cool. Will this work on the 2.0L XLT AWD? Can I just unbolt bolts on stock Maverick & bolt brace back on? I did this on my Mustang. Know the torque?
Yes, that is what ours is.
Sponsored

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, that is what ours is.
Thanks for the info. On my Mustang there are 4 shock tower bolts, only needed to remove 2 then put on bracket. Didn't have to worry about tension or anything on strut tower. Imagine the same on the Maverick.

OP
OP
Evil2ltr

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
Thanks for the info. On my Mustang there are 4 shock tower bolts, only needed to remove 2 then put on bracket. Didn't have to worry about tension or anything on strut tower. Imagine the same on the Maverick.
Even easier on the Mav. There may be some slight alignment (of the bar side to side) to get it to set properly.

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Have any of you noticed, before you ordered, that the site says that it will not fit the hybrid?
If someone has already tried it, @nd it it OK, please let us know.
Thanks
Strut tower braces that do not triangulate to the firewall of the vehicle add no appreciable stiffness. The fact that the maverick strut towers are basically part of the firewall/cowl renders this bar redundant.

Sponsored

Fastbackjon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0, 18 Flex, 20 Edge, 21 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just a FYI.. The Steeda STB for the 2020+ Escape and 2021 Bronco Sport will work for the Mav. I test fit ours last night. Only issues are some routing of the bar around the hoses and sensors on top of the intake tube.

NEW INFO

The brace 100% fits and works. As you can see in the pics, I rerouted the hoses and lowered that ugly apparatus near the intake tube and it looks much cleaner. You can feel the difference in the steering wheel. It just feels tied together tighter.

20211112_162123.jpg
20211112_162155.jpg
20211112_162212.jpg
I installed my brace last evening. I didnt go with the rerouting of the hoses as Evil2ltr did, which certainly does make a cleaner look, but I just slid the strut bar between the different hoses as well as bending the bracket forward some-- the bracket that the "pod" is attached to. It allowed the brace to be installed easier but the "pod" does lay against the Steeda part of the bracket. I didnt notice any vibration noise from that area when I started up the engine, so until I do I will leave the "pod" where it is. I also used a small amount of Anti-Seize on the new bolt supplied by Steeda. Hopefully that will prevent any removal issues down the road. I took some pics of the brace from the side so you can see how the removal of any fluid cap and battery cable is not compromised. I also believe that battery removal would not be an issue as you can remove the air intake housing and lift and bring the battery forward. Hope these views answer any more questions and Thanks to Evil2ltr for the thread start.

Ford Maverick Steeda Strut Tower Brace installed (pics added) IMG_3546

Ford Maverick Steeda Strut Tower Brace installed (pics added) IMG_3545

Ford Maverick Steeda Strut Tower Brace installed (pics added) IMG_3544

Ford Maverick Steeda Strut Tower Brace installed (pics added) IMG_3543

Skulls Road

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you guys want this for some underhood bling, thats cool. But please don't say you actually feel a difference. It is 100 percent placebo. There is no discernable flex at the strut towers. The towers are too close to the firewall. Those of you who say it made a big difference on another car most likely had different suspension designs and drivetrain layouts (rwd) or you were once again experiencing placebo. Might as well get a bed brace and rear passenger floor brace and make similar claims.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you guys want this for some underhood bling, thats cool. But please don't say you actually feel a difference. It is 100 percent placebo. There is no discernable flex at the strut towers. The towers are too close to the firewall. Those of you who say it made a big difference on another car most likely had different suspension designs and drivetrain layouts (rwd) or you were once again experiencing placebo. Might as well get a bed brace and rear passenger floor brace and make similar claims.
LOL, I stated this and got yelled out... I mean, what do I know about driving anyhow....

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does it make a difference? Not sure, give me a few miles.
Looks like it's been a few months since you installed it.

So tell us... Did the strut tower brace make a difference?

Sponsored

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m not the OP but I added it for looks so in that case, it’s bad ass. Lol

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just a FYI.. The Steeda STB for the 2020+ Escape and 2021 Bronco Sport will work for the Mav. I test fit ours last night. Only issues are some routing of the bar around the hoses and sensors on top of the intake tube.

NEW INFO

The brace 100% fits and works. As you can see in the pics, I rerouted the hoses and lowered that ugly apparatus near the intake tube and it looks much cleaner. You can feel the difference in the steering wheel. It just feels tied together tighter.

20211112_162123.jpg
20211112_162155.jpg
20211112_162212.jpg
Kind of look like a quick cheap engineering job to me...

Mav2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All Fords
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought one for my hybrid lol so.... It's up for sale brand new never installed $100 plus shipping or local pick up in Michigan

Phileaux

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge SEL fwd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed STB on my 06 civic sedan and made a noticeable difference on the cloverleaf. Civics strut tower is so close to firewall it's underneath the W.W. cowl. Any increase in stability of structural geometry is a plus. If you're happy with handling then not needed but I consider any increase in safety elements (brakes, handling, etc) a good investment.
Sponsored