SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You mention torquing but the Steeda instructions don't provide an amount. What value did you torque the bolts to?
Someone on this forum posted the factory torque specs for various suspension bolts on the Maverick and the strut tower bolts are 22 ft/lbs.
Sponsored

Canuck23

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302 Mustang, 2021 Lexus ES350 Fsport,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I race a Boss Mustang on a regular basis and I have a heavy duty strut brace that attaches at 4 points on the top of my camber plates. I was wondering if you were planning on racing your Maverick or Auto crossing it not sure I see the need for a strut brace besides looking cool?

OP
OP
r100gs91

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The strut tower brace was to improve the less than stellar turn in response. It has done that. Yesterday in light traffic I went over a flyover ramp quickly. Wee Wee Wee it was fun. Crisp initial turn in and held the line unless the radius changed. Entered the flyover at about 60mph. Left the 3/4 mile flyover at 85 in full control. It has done exactly what I wanted. Also noticed it's on center tracking is better, and body motions are more sports car like. I'm enjoying it.

Ford Maverick Steeda Strut Tower Brace installed on Hybrid Maverick -- results & review 20230426_162341

Last edited:

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It came in yesterday but I wasn't feeling well. I purchased a Steeda Strut Tower Brace. It came professionally wrapped,, as it is powder coated. It took about 30 minutes to install with 2 bolts, 2 spacers and 2 washers. Had to relocate a wiring harness.

The Results:
Took it out for a 30 mile test drive evaluation. The strut Tower brace has done exactly what I had hoped for. It has stiffened the chassis just right. Gone is the vague feeling on initial turn in, now quicker and more linear, but not twitchy at all. The ride quality is enhanced in that body motions now do not affect the steering as much. Also noticed a reduction in cruise control pull to the right, when the throttle is applied vigorously by the CC. AKA torque steer. Seems to track straighter all the time, as compared to before. Not wanting to spend thousands on suspension mods, I think this is my perfect solution to the IMO marginal front suspension, . It is the only thing I am truly disappointed in and this has helped.. This strut brace has exorcised some of the FWD gremlins.
I'd love to see photos of what it is that you installed. If you did post pictures, apologies, but they're not showing up on the thread from my browser.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I couple of my fun cars have strut tower braces, one is in the trunk LOL, and one runs under the throttle body...

Ford Maverick Steeda Strut Tower Brace installed on Hybrid Maverick -- results & review A07Isf

Ford Maverick Steeda Strut Tower Brace installed on Hybrid Maverick -- results & review 89fLFD

Ford Maverick Steeda Strut Tower Brace installed on Hybrid Maverick -- results & review D1BLjH

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
r100gs91

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd love to see photos of what it is that you installed. If you did post pictures, apologies, but they're not showing up on the thread from my browser.
A couple of pics are in the post that started the thread. Also administrator made a "new" item out out of my post and edited my pics to show it better.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A couple of pics are in the post that started the thread. Also administrator made a "new" item out out of my post and edited my pics to show it better.
Yes, I see that now. Thank you and thanks for sharing your modification. Sounds like it exceeded your expectations.

OP
OP
r100gs91

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, I see that now. Thank you and thanks for sharing your modification. Sounds like it exceeded your expectations.
It has. Have had several positive results.

Reactions: Dad
Sponsored

maverick4natic

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The strut tower brace was to improve the less than stellar turn in response. It has done that. Yesterday in light traffic I went over a flyover ramp quickly. Wee Wee Wee it was fun. Crisp initial turn in and held the line unless the radius changed. Entered the flyover at about 60mph. Left the 3/4 mile flyover at 85 in full control. It has done exactly what I wanted. Also noticed it's on center tracking is better, and body motions are more sports car like. I'm enjoying it.

20230426_162341.jpg
How is access to the Brake Fluid Reservoir? Photos can be deceiving.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20230426_162341.jpg
It appears that you did not use the spacers provided for the hybrid Maverick. Can you verify that?

Thank you.

OP
OP
r100gs91

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did . Just not visible in that photo.

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I race a Boss Mustang on a regular basis and I have a heavy duty strut brace that attaches at 4 points on the top of my camber plates. I was wondering if you were planning on racing your Maverick or Auto crossing it not sure I see the need for a strut brace besides looking cool?
I was curious about this too. And after his post responding to yours I wonder even more. Stock tire, stock ride height Maverick being driven like that seems like a not great idea. And this coming from a life long hooligan.
Sponsored