First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach E 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If anyone bought this brace after the OP's post, did it meet your expectations?

Kritas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If anyone bought this brace after the OP's post, did it meet your expectations?
I did, and my experience mirrors that of the OP. The steering feels tighter going into turns. There is less dive and front end roll. I'm also setting up my truck for autocross.

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 HD Street Glude, 2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I built my own Strut Tower Anti-Sway bar. I agree 100% with Kritas (John), but no plans for autocross. Driving my Maverick in "Sport" mode, it handles like a sports car, no kidding.

Similar Strut Tower Anti-Sway bars have been around for many, many years. I believe some of the first ones were developed when the early unibody cars came out.

Ford Maverick Steeda strut tower brace absolutely works Eds-Strut tower-Sway bar

Kritas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The strut brace is a part of the overall equation. On the Maverick, there's only one bolt that holds the brace in place on each side. On my Mustang, three bolts hold the export brace in place on each shock tower while 4 bolts lock it to the cowl.

My plan is to add other suspension components to get the feel that I want for fun on the street and some occasional autocross. I'm evaluating Silvers struts and springs to lower the truck a bit and improve handling. Right now, my attention is on the Mustang rather than the Maverick so I'm in no hurry.

Sponsored

bykerhd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost FW
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After experiencing some very twisty roads near Franklin, NC last December the thought of stiffening up the handling on my 2023 XLT crossed my mind.
But, I am not sure the expense is worth it.
Curved roads down here in central Florida are more the exception than the rule.

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The strut brace doesn't seem like a good idea for the average Joe like me, even though I drive a lot of curves and mountains. The energy needs go somewhere. I'm thinking it's gonna put more pressure on the tires, wear them out quicker. Slow down and save your tires is my suggestion.

cthulhu_rising

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

todd92

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 (2), Edge ST, Edge Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unibody vehicles have gotten stiffer structures with every new generation. There just isn't body flexing anymore, like there was when strut tower braces first became a thing. I seriously doubt there is a noticeable or even any difference from putting one on a Maverick. Especially one attached with just one bolt.

Sponsored

Lane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 Hybrid XL, 2006 VW Jetta Smyth UTE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unibody vehicles have gotten stiffer structures with every new generation. There just isn't body flexing anymore, like there was when strut tower braces first became a thing. I seriously doubt there is a noticeable or even any difference from putting one on a Maverick. Especially one attached with just one bolt.
I have to agree, especially if it's primarily a street-driven vehicle. I've added strut bars to various cars over the years, used both on the track and on the street, and can't say I've ever been able to "feel" a difference from that alone. But parts can have a placebo effect. As long as a person feels it was worth their cash, that's what matters. I think I've bought a few too many aftermarket parts over the years that had questionable or no benefit, it has made me more cynical when it comes to promises of performance gains.

Long long ago, I suspect that the strut tower brace gained popularity when cars had larger engine compartments and the shock towers were a significant distance away from the firewall. A '66 Mustang as an example:

Ford Maverick Steeda strut tower brace absolutely works brandons_car_001_w

And when it was body-on-frame construction with most cars back then, the inner sheetmetal may not have been built as stiff & rigid because it didn't need to be (where a unibody car does).

Compare that to the Mav:
Ford Maverick Steeda strut tower brace absolutely works 017-2022-ford-maverick-hybrid-review

I haven't looked closely under the plastic trim, but I wouldn't be surprised if the backsides of the strut towers are incorporated right into the firewall. I expect that the firewall would be a pretty good strut tower bar.

Plus, wouldn't the rubber in the top strut mounts flex more than any steel would? Adding a bar doesn't address all the compliance from that and from the suspension's other rubber bushing squishy parts. I've had a car in the past where I replaced every rubber bushing with Delrin, added camber plates, and a strut bar and that made a heck of a difference that could be felt. But not all in a good way. That car on an imperfect road could knock your fillings loose.

Last edited:

ejouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick, Atlas Blue, FWD, EcoBoost, XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

In sorry but I know we are talking about a ECO But with a FWD hybrid would it help or with it being FWD its already handles better ❓ Sorry if this seems to be a dumb question. 🤔🤐
AWD has a different rear suspension (multi link) compared to FWD (torsion beam). Multi link is the better handling performer, but a torsion beam is a lot cheaper, lighter, and less complex.

FWD also has more front weight bias so changes made to the front suspension should be even more noticeable.
Sponsored