First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was under the impression that this was not able to be used on the hybrid. Only the Eco. Has something changed?

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was under the impression that this was not able to be used on the hybrid. Only the Eco. Has something changed?
Spacers are used for hybrid if I read it correctly

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It came in yesterday but I wasn't feeling well. I purchased a Steeda Strut Tower Brace. It came professionally wrapped,, as it is powder coated. It took about 30 minutes to install with 2 bolts, 2 spacers and 2 washers. Had to relocate a wiring harness.

The Results:
Took it out for a 30 mile test drive evaluation. The strut Tower brace has done exactly what I had hoped for. It has stiffened the chassis just right. Gone is the vague feeling on initial turn in, now quicker and more linear, but not twitchy at all. The ride quality is enhanced in that body motions now do not affect the steering as much. Also noticed a reduction in cruise control pull to the right, when the throttle is applied vigorously. AKA torque steer. Seems to track straighter all the time, as compared to before. Not wanting to spend thousands on suspension mods, I think this is my perfect solution to the IMO marginal front suspension, . It is the only thing I am truly disappointed in and this has helped.. This strut brace has exorcised some of the FWD gremlins.

I hate you. Thanks for pointing out something else I "need" to buy. LOL!!!

Sponsored

Phil Ricotta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Atlas Blue XLT LUX HYBRID - CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It came in yesterday but I wasn't feeling well. I purchased a Steeda Strut Tower Brace. It came professionally wrapped,, as it is powder coated. It took about 30 minutes to install with 2 bolts, 2 spacers and 2 washers. Had to relocate a wiring harness.

The Results:
Took it out for a 30 mile test drive evaluation. The strut Tower brace has done exactly what I had hoped for. It has stiffened the chassis just right. Gone is the vague feeling on initial turn in, now quicker and more linear, but not twitchy at all. The ride quality is enhanced in that body motions now do not affect the steering as much. Also noticed a reduction in cruise control pull to the right, when the throttle is applied vigorously. AKA torque steer. Seems to track straighter all the time, as compared to before. Not wanting to spend thousands on suspension mods, I think this is my perfect solution to the IMO marginal front suspension, . It is the only thing I am truly disappointed in and this has helped.. This strut brace has exorcised some of the FWD gremlins.
I am interested in this and contacted Steeda Canada to find out if it will work on a Hybrid as their website says that it will not. They got back to me with the following reply "I just heard back from Steeda USA and they are saying there is a clearance issue for a canister on the hybrids. You could probably make it work but it would require some relocating." Did you have to modifiy this in any way. Can you send some photos of your final installation? That would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil

OP
OP
r100gs91

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only mod I made was to relocate a wiring harness.

Sponsored
OP
OP
r100gs91

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You understand the physics involved. Again I have not seen one of these bars personally, to me it seams like a rush job and not a well thought out engineered product, but I could be very wrong on that.
There was no evidence of cheaping out. This thing weighs about 10 lbs. After final torqueing
What was involved in that?
Popping one clip.

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had to pass it under a hose and cable and loosen up a small "Canister"?

Ford Maverick Steeda Strut Tower Brace installed on Hybrid Maverick -- results & review Steeda Install details

Kit did come with a pair of metal/aluminum spacers for the Hybrid.
There is a pdf on the item's page on Steeda.
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-5736-escape-strut-tower-brace

Also, found (saw this first before purchasing) on YouTube an install video.

Jerry

EIlig

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor/'69 Porsche 911E/'15Porsche Cayman
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There was no evidence of cheaping out. This thing weighs about 10 lbs. After final torqueing
You mention torquing but the Steeda instructions don't provide an amount. What value did you torque the bolts to?

OP
OP
r100gs91

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Steeda video for this product recommended 30 ft pounds.
Sponsored