First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
I didn't like how the front end acted in my Maverick and had been cautiously optimistic waiting for the Steeda strut tower brace. The package arrived today with no instruction but did have the hardware. It took me less than 30-minutes to install, it's just two bolts, and eagerly jumped into the driver seat to test it.

My Lariat was slightly pulling to the right prior to adding this brace, it didn't hold a straight line and the steering didn't feel as responsive at it should be. In sharper turns, it felt like it's plowing through instead of following the turning radius. Pretty much all of these issues are gone, it does stabilize the front end at least on the roads and taking the turns are much more predictable.. It probably makes things better off road as well, but I didn't try it... yet...

Did anyone installed the Steeda rear sway bar for the Maverick? I like to hear some opinion for that, good or bad...

PS: My Lariat came with 18" wheels and Micheline tires, the latter one I am not too fond of. Other than the strut tower brace, there had been no suspension changes on this Maverick...
Sponsored

burst710

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
fartman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick 2022 ecoboost 2.0L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It came in yesterday but I wasn't feeling well. I purchased a Steeda Strut Tower Brace. It came professionally wrapped,, as it is powder coated. It took about 30 minutes to install with 2 bolts, 2 spacers and 2 washers. Had to relocate a wiring harness.

The Results:
Took it out for a 30 mile test drive evaluation. The strut Tower brace has done exactly what I had hoped for. It has stiffened the chassis just right. Gone is the vague feeling on initial turn in, now quicker and more linear, but not twitchy at all. The ride quality is enhanced in that body motions now do not affect the steering as much. Also noticed a reduction in cruise control pull to the right, when the throttle is applied vigorously by the CC. AKA torque steer. Seems to track straighter all the time, as compared to before. Not wanting to spend thousands on suspension mods, I think this is my perfect solution to the IMO marginal front suspension, . It is the only thing I am truly disappointed in and this has helped.. This strut brace has exorcised some of the FWD gremlins.

add the rear sway bar and ur golden