Sponsored

Sold my Hybrid Mav, now moving to this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was supposed to buy a BOLT a few weeks ago, watched a video on its cooling/heating of the systems and went "ouch". Very complicated.

I can't afford a New Tesla, heck, its hard to buy a used one (decent) for $50,000.

I had a lot of complaints about the Maverick. Outside of the decent MPG's and low price I see no real value in it.

I decided instead to buy a Tesla with some very mild front end damage for $29,000... I already knew Tesla did a good job cooling/heating their systems but I knew I needed to know more (since this system was the only thing damaged in the accident).

This video does a excelling job on showing why Ford misses the mark often.

Its why my Hybrid would put 10% of the HV battery back INTO the HV battery via the ICE while going UP my driveway.

Its why rain poors in the back doors when you open them.

Its why the infotainment system is glitchy.

Its why Felt is used in the inner fender wells/underneath (and yes Tesla uses solid plastic).

Its why the Lighting uses resistance heating (pretty sure the MachE does as well), while Telsa uses the electric motors heat to warm the HV battery (when cold).

One is good management.

What they don't cover in this is the nightmare these hoses will present in 5 years. Chaffing, dry rot, etc etc. You go in to fix one hose, next thing you know you have to replace them all..ouch.

If you need a cheap decent MPG truck I get buying it...

Otherwise you should stay clear of it, and, imo, Ford.

We should expect better from companies, and I give credit to building a decent MPG truck, but even after 6 months the plastic on mine was turning white.... Its just not made to last.

Are Tesla's perfect? no. But if I had $55,000 to blow I could buy a brand new Model Y off their web site today (and have it in a week!). In 5 years I'd still have a great car.
If you came here to tell us about your superiorly engineered Tesla you probably need to stay away from the places that talk about all the problems Teslas have. Good for you, you bought a car, people buy a million cars a year for a million different reasons.

I'm trying to not be mean here but what exactly was the point of your post?

Ragtime Billy Peaches

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 Crew Diesel 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP, you seem pretty frustrated with your Maverick and it really is a dirt cheap vehicle built to a price, but most people realize that when they put their money down. Hell, the Maverick I have coming is exactly 1/2 the price of the F150 I have coming and they are both XLT Lux package 4wd!
Wouldn’t it be cheaper to just buy an extended Ford service plan? I’ve always used them on my new Fords due to how many miles I drive per year. With 100k miles of coverage, first day rental and key/lights coverage, I literally worry about nothing on my trucks.
I agree completely on the extended coverage, but i don't know which is worse these day's,.. a Colonoscopy or taking my truck to the Dealer for service.......... Sad thing is i'm not joking.

1fifty

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree completely on the extended coverage, but i don't know which is worse these day's,.. a Colonoscopy or taking my truck to the Dealer for service.......... Sad thing is i'm not joking.
That’s a shame - I have been buying Ford trucks for a long, long time BECAUSE of my dealer.

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lmfao. What a weird goal post shift. “I just had to mention my truck is built by “some Mexicans” because I’m actually fighting for their rights!!”

what does any of what you followed up with about Ford have to do with you making sure you mention it’s built by some Mexicans? Where’s the connection at all?

Sponsored

PeteSJCA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was supposed to buy a BOLT a few weeks ago, watched a video on its cooling/heating of the systems and went "ouch". Very complicated.

I can't afford a New Tesla, heck, its hard to buy a used one (decent) for $50,000.

I had a lot of complaints about the Maverick. Outside of the decent MPG's and low price I see no real value in it.

I decided instead to buy a Tesla with some very mild front end damage for $29,000... I already knew Tesla did a good job cooling/heating their systems but I knew I needed to know more (since this system was the only thing damaged in the accident).

This video does a excelling job on showing why Ford misses the mark often.

Its why my Hybrid would put 10% of the HV battery back INTO the HV battery via the ICE while going UP my driveway.

Its why rain poors in the back doors when you open them.

Its why the infotainment system is glitchy.

Its why Felt is used in the inner fender wells/underneath (and yes Tesla uses solid plastic).

Its why the Lighting uses resistance heating (pretty sure the MachE does as well), while Telsa uses the electric motors heat to warm the HV battery (when cold).

One is good management.

What they don't cover in this is the nightmare these hoses will present in 5 years. Chaffing, dry rot, etc etc. You go in to fix one hose, next thing you know you have to replace them all..ouch.

If you need a cheap decent MPG truck I get buying it...

Otherwise you should stay clear of it, and, imo, Ford.

We should expect better from companies, and I give credit to building a decent MPG truck, but even after 6 months the plastic on mine was turning white.... Its just not made to last.

Are Tesla's perfect? no. But if I had $55,000 to blow I could buy a brand new Model Y off their web site today (and have it in a week!). In 5 years I'd still have a great car.
You'll only need $37.500 if you want to buy my 2018 Tesla Model 3 that's for sale ..... see my link:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1075967972968519/

AMCJeepMJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One too many
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Let me be the 23rd to say enjoy your wrecked/salvage/junk/scrap Tesla that will empty all your bank accounts and possibly your retirement. Toodle-oo.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who cares, go write your story on a Tesla blog.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bye Felicia.

But before you go, A word of advice for you. Dont park that new turd you bought in your garage. That is unless you up your homeowners insurance. Tezlas like to spontaneously combust seemingly at random. The fires are very hard to put out.

Once theres enough house fires from these stupid things, hide and watch. You will see homeowners insurance skyrocket if you own one of them. I guarantee that will start to be a series of questions they ask upon yearly renewal. Do you own an EV or hybrid? Do you have an in house charger? Do you park it in your garage?

I find my Maverick EcoBoost with 4K pak to be an absolute delight to drive. I do mostly highway and record 30mpg. I'm not a penny pincher. My other truck has a V8. EVs and hybrids are about where the model T was for it's time. They need to improve a bit more before they are more mainstream. The battery fire issue is a big one.

Anyways good luck. Your gonna need it.

Last edited:

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP, you seem pretty frustrated with your Maverick and it really is a dirt cheap vehicle built to a price, but most people realize that when they put their money down. Hell, the Maverick I have coming is exactly 1/2 the price of the F150 I have coming and they are both XLT Lux package 4wd!
Wouldn’t it be cheaper to just buy an extended Ford service plan? I’ve always used them on my new Fords due to how many miles I drive per year. With 100k miles of coverage, first day rental and key/lights coverage, I literally worry about nothing on my trucks.
Remember the extended warranty runs concurrently with the 3/36 factory bumper to
bumper warranty. You are better off adding the extended warranty on when your vehicle is almost to the 3 year mark, and at about 30K if you want to maximize your bang for the buck.

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bye Felicia.

But before you go, A word of advice for you. Dont park that new turd you bought in your garage. That is unless you up your homeowners insurance. Tezlas like to spontaneously combust seemingly at random. The fires are very hard to put out.

Once theres enough house fires from these stupid things, hide and watch. You will see homeowners insurance skyrocket if you own one of them. I guarantee that will start to be a series of questions they ask upon yearly renewal. Do you own an EV or hybrid? Do you have an in house charger? Do you park it in your garage?

I find my Maverick EcoBoost with 4K pak to be an absolute delight to drive. I do mostly highway and record 30mpg. I'm not a penny pincher. My other truck has a V8. EVs and hybrids are about where the model T was for it's time. They need to improve a bit more before they are more mainstream. The battery fire issue is a big one.

Anyways good luck. Your gonna need it.
Well thank God that Ford has never had to tell Maverick owners (and a few hundred thousand other vehicle owner) to park their vehicles outside because they'll spontaneously catch fire...

https://canoe.com/auto-news/driver-...ecall-for-escape-maverick-and-lincoln-corsair

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ated-w-safety-recall-notice-to-dealers.17459/

fourtotwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your concern is quality and you went with Tesla? Have fun man lmao

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well thank God that Ford has never had to tell Maverick owners (and a few hundred thousand other vehicle owner) to park their vehicles outside because they'll spontaneously catch fire...

https://canoe.com/auto-news/driver-...ecall-for-escape-maverick-and-lincoln-corsair

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ated-w-safety-recall-notice-to-dealers.17459/
I know about the recall if you re read my post I specifically stated if you own an "EV or Hybrid". Should I have to add a disclaimer to my last post to include specific Ford models that are hybrids? I mean the way it's written, its implied as such. Have you read the article you so graciously posted? If you did, it specifically states Ford "hybrid models" with 2.5L engine, and was around july 2022. My truck is a 2.0L ecoboost built around August. Only battery it's got is a 12v lead acid battery under the hood. It's not subject to the recall. Obviously by your reply, you did not really read my post before replying. Dont be such a rock head.

Last edited:

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know about the recall if you re read my post I specifically stated if you own an "EV or Hybrid". Should I have to add a disclaimer to my last post to include specific Ford models that are hybrids? I mean the way it's written, its implied as such. Have you read the article you so graciously posted? If you did, it specifically states Ford "hybrid models" with 2.5L engine, and was around july 2022. My truck is a 2.0L ecoboost built around August. Only battery it's got is a 12v lead acid battery under the hood. It's not subject to the recall. Obviously by your reply, you did not really read my post before replying. Dont be such a rock head.
Did you not read OPs post? He traded in a hybrid so why would you wish him luck with his new vehicle and warn him of the fires he will now face when he already faced that same possibility with his existing Maverick?

Or did you just want to come in here and pound your chest about your ecoboost and your V8? Don't be such a rock head.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The hybrid recalls are not spontaneous fires and don't call for parking outside. It's ICE the expedition and navigator that were spontaneously catching fire.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.