First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 ridgeline rtl with nav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
good luck do you know which one you want?
Thank you. A TRD Sport like the 2018 I had. The only thing that might sway me is if they announce a release date on the Stout which would suit my needs a little better. I can get by with my Ridgeline until I get what I want. It is really not a bad truck and I do like the 2 way tailgate and the lockable trunk in the bed.
Sponsored

Slobberdawg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still no info about the Tacoma Hybrid's MPG? I'm guessing it's not gonna be impressive, otherwise Toyota would probably be bragging about it by now.
It is similar to the 2021 rav4 limited hybrid I had which was rated 41/38.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you. A TRD Sport like the 2018 I had. The only thing that might sway me is if they announce a release date on the Stout which would suit my needs a little better. I can get by with my Ridgeline until I get what I want. It is really not a bad truck and I do like the 2 way tailgate and the lockable trunk in the bed.
Don’t wait for hoax that’s not coming . A trd sport will be 41kish if you get the stick which I assume you want to get .

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No it’s more like tundra .
Well, it delivers an EPA-estimated return of 20 mpg in the city and 24 mph on the highway, for a combined rating of 22 mpg.Jan 9, 2023
More like 22 and 26 for combined 25 .

Slobberdawg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From me most tacomas have been too short in leg department .,. Cant really fit family 4 comfortably .
My 2018 TRD Sport held 5 comfortably including 2 6' tall teenage grandsons with no complaints. (And those two rarely can't find something to complain about.) I have heard the 2024 will be slightly smaller than my old truck so I will just have to see when one is available to check out.

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 2018 TRD Sport held 5 comfortably including 2 6' tall teenage grandsons with no complaints. (And those two rarely can't find something to complain about.) I have heard the 2024 will be slightly smaller than my old truck so I will just have to see when one is available to check out.
Did you have get long bed or short bed ?

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I will be shocked if it can get those kinds of MPGs. I'm thinking 30s in the best case scenario.

Slobberdawg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don’t wait for hoax that’s not coming . A trd sport will be 41kish if you get the stick which I assume you want to get .
I am pretty sure the one I want will be more than that. I don't want a stick for sure. I want something similar to what I had on my 21 rav4 limited hybrid which was around 40k with 360 view and most of the optional packages.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am pretty sure the one I want will be more than that. I don't want a stick for sure. I want something similar to what I had on my 21 rav4 limited hybrid which was around 40k with 360 view and most of the optional packages.
They will have some sort tech package , tow hitch if that’s what you need /want if that’s case then I could see 44k

Sponsored

Slobberdawg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting. I see posts from people claiming that the wait time for delivery of a new Taco is 18-24 months, or actually longer than the wait for a Mav.
Have no use for a Toyota anything as they are garbage. After having to get rid of a Dodge Dakota with 240,000 miles and having to getting another vehicle in 2005 and deciding on a new Toyota Tundra, which turned out to be the biggest mistake of my life. The Toyota was a piece of junk. I had it for 6 months of which most of that it was in the shop, and seeing a Subura Baja on the road, I traded the Tundra in for a Baja and loved it for over 17 years until I was able to take possession of my 2022 Maverick and then my Baja and Maverick got to say hello and goodbye. I would not take a Toyota even if it was free, and when offered one to rent ask for anything else.
I am sorry you had a bad experience with your tundra, I had a 2007 tundra and a 2010 tundra both great trucks and never had any problems with either. I also had a sienna, a highlander, a prius, a tacoma and rav4 hybrid with no issues ever. Don't just take my word for it, toyotas are quality vehicles. If you look at JD Powers reliability ratings, toyota is 5/5 and ford is 3/5.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will be shocked if it can get those kinds of MPGs. I'm thinking 30s in the best case scenario.
With WAY more power output, a turbo, and the increased drag the Tacoma has compared to the Rav-4, there is zero chance it has similar efficiency.

Slobberdawg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't mind giving up mileage for added hp and torque. You can't have it all.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep your right and it was great to talk with you also. Tried the sport mode already, and will have to continue to use it to see if it is for me. Am going to try to get to the rally Sunday in Simi Valley although 54 miles seems like a lot, what am I thinking less than 2 gallons of gas, but the time might be a factor.

Linda
Believe me, I don't use sport mode very often as it's a little too aggressive for my tastes. Normal is just fine for my driving style, but occasionally, I find myself needing a bit of an adrenaline shot and I'll put her in the red zone.
When's the Simi Valley meet?
Sponsored