Sponsored

Sold my Hybrid Mav, now moving to this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Everything on a Tesla will break sooner rather than later. People like to disprove this by showing high mileage Tesla's, but many of those Tesla's with 300-400k on them, but many have had literally dozens of items repaired or replaced. By comparison, looking at high mileage ford hybrids like the escape taxis which have a powertrain virtually identical to the maverick, and after 500k, everything on the powertrain is still original.
I'm certain a 500k Escape likely had plenty of other repairs necessary even if not the powertrain.
Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't get me wrong I like Teslas but aren't they rated as one of the least reliable car brands?

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That Tesla tech is NOT all it is cracked up to be. Had one about kill all of us in Nevada. I was doing 65 in a 65 on a 2-lane highway. This dummy came up at about 67 MPH in the opposite lane to pass me. Stayed over there going that slow for about a mile until he met an oncominng truck almost head on and veered quickly into my lane.

Luckily, I had seen what was about to happen as the driver seemed oblivious. I had hit my brakes and was almost to a full stop when he came over as predicted.

THEN the real stupidity happened. The car came to a dead stop in front of me on the highway. That isn't a human reaction. Tesla can take its self-driving algorithms. It is NOT ready for the real world.

capo99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Kicks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a 2020 loaded Ram Sport and absolutely loved it! We got rid of our travel trailer and purchased a class a motorhome and I could no longer justify what I was paying in fuel for a runaround vehicle. Now I will tow my Maverick behind the MH.

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

While I liked the test drive I took in a Tesla Model 3, I wasn't very impressed with the fit/finish of a car that retails in the mid-$50's to high-$60's. I've seen lots of well-thought-out analysis showing that total cost of ownership would be quite a bit lower than pretty much ANY gas vehicle, assuming you kept it long enough.

My brother-in-law bought a Model 90S the first year they came out, and is still driving it and enjoying it all these years later. His car has required no maintenance other than replacing tires, and the battery still provides enough range for him to drive from Philadelphia to Washington and back without recharging.

That said, I ultimately decided that I didn't want a Tesla Model 3, because I really need a small pickup truck. If the Tesla truck was anything other than vaporware, and didn't cost [Insert Blank Check Here, because they can't tell you want it's going to cost], I still wouldn't be interested. That thing is seriously ugly...

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe you should read this article. Improving but Tesla still has it’s issues. Great marketing has placed it as something people grovel over. Not saying the Maverick is perfect because its not, but you can get one for 2/3 the cost of a model y.

https://www.hotcars.com/truth-about-tesla-reliability/

It is funny that you state "great marketing" when Tesla is the only car manufacturer that does not spend money marketing vehicles.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/co...rd-and-marketing-per-car-to-other-automakers/

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have far more confidence in the longevity of the maverick than in any of Tesla's products. The powertrain in the maverick is extremely proven, Tesla's on the other hand have vids of brand new Tesla's where the entire sunroof detaches coming home from the dealership and the wheels fall off. I'm an EV fan, just as long as said EV is made by ford, or another legacy brand who knows what they're doing.
This is hilarious thanks for the laugh!

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was supposed to buy a BOLT a few weeks ago, watched a video on its cooling/heating of the systems and went "ouch". Very complicated.

I can't afford a New Tesla, heck, its hard to buy a used one (decent) for $50,000.

I had a lot of complaints about the Maverick. Outside of the decent MPG's and low price I see no real value in it.

I decided instead to buy a Tesla with some very mild front end damage for $29,000... I already knew Tesla did a good job cooling/heating their systems but I knew I needed to know more (since this system was the only thing damaged in the accident).

This video does a excelling job on showing why Ford misses the mark often.

Its why my Hybrid would put 10% of the HV battery back INTO the HV battery via the ICE while going UP my driveway.

Its why rain poors in the back doors when you open them.

Its why the infotainment system is glitchy.

Its why Felt is used in the inner fender wells/underneath (and yes Tesla uses solid plastic).

Its why the Lighting uses resistance heating (pretty sure the MachE does as well), while Telsa uses the electric motors heat to warm the HV battery (when cold).

One is good management.

What they don't cover in this is the nightmare these hoses will present in 5 years. Chaffing, dry rot, etc etc. You go in to fix one hose, next thing you know you have to replace them all..ouch.

If you need a cheap decent MPG truck I get buying it...

Otherwise you should stay clear of it, and, imo, Ford.

We should expect better from companies, and I give credit to building a decent MPG truck, but even after 6 months the plastic on mine was turning white.... Its just not made to last.

Are Tesla's perfect? no. But if I had $55,000 to blow I could buy a brand new Model Y off their web site today (and have it in a week!). In 5 years I'd still have a great car.
I love this part: outside the decent mpg and price i see no value in it….. thats what value IS!!! 😂 anyways. Hope you find your happy place lol

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been in model 3 for about 6 months and 7,500 trouble free, worry free miles.

There is tons of misinformation on this thread and the board in general about Teslas.

Just like the Maverick is plagued with shitty build quality (yep, I said it) in the first year or two of production so was the model 3. I wouldn't have touched a 2017-2019 but my 2022 is rock solid. The only rattle that I have is the front passenger seat belt that hits against the b pillar plastic. I've had about 4 software updates, and I've spent $69 on a tire rotation.

I live in Ohio and I've had it in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, Tennessee, and North Carolina - I've never spent more than 20 minutes at a supercharger, and it generally costs me $0.03-0.05 per mile to charge depending on if I am at home or using a supercharger.

I do agree - the Tesla is not a Maverick - which is why I ordered the Maverick, twice now, and have been waiting patiently for 15 months and counting. I'll continue to wait.

But I bought the CRV because I needed a vehicle and the Maverick didn't and wasn't going to arrive in time. The CRV was awful. I ordered the Tesla, and I picked it up 86 days later.

I ordered a Tesla and picked it up 86 days later. That might be the most impressive part given all of our ordeals.

It is the second most American produced vehicle today behind it's SUV sibling (the Model Y) due to more parts.

It is also one of the safest vehicles on the road.

It is also one of the most efficient vehicles on the road.

I only bought it because Ford cannot deliver their product going on 400+ days and counting. I still look forward to the Maverick but Ford's incompetence led me to the Model 3 and I am pleasantly happy and surprised with being forced there.

Fred's Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lincoln MKC and 1970 Mustang Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was supposed to buy a BOLT a few weeks ago, watched a video on its cooling/heating of the systems and went "ouch". Very complicated.

I can't afford a New Tesla, heck, its hard to buy a used one (decent) for $50,000.

I had a lot of complaints about the Maverick. Outside of the decent MPG's and low price I see no real value in it.

I decided instead to buy a Tesla with some very mild front end damage for $29,000... I already knew Tesla did a good job cooling/heating their systems but I knew I needed to know more (since this system was the only thing damaged in the accident).

This video does a excelling job on showing why Ford misses the mark often.

Its why my Hybrid would put 10% of the HV battery back INTO the HV battery via the ICE while going UP my driveway.

Its why rain poors in the back doors when you open them.

Its why the infotainment system is glitchy.

Its why Felt is used in the inner fender wells/underneath (and yes Tesla uses solid plastic).

Its why the Lighting uses resistance heating (pretty sure the MachE does as well), while Telsa uses the electric motors heat to warm the HV battery (when cold).

One is good management.

What they don't cover in this is the nightmare these hoses will present in 5 years. Chaffing, dry rot, etc etc. You go in to fix one hose, next thing you know you have to replace them all..ouch.

If you need a cheap decent MPG truck I get buying it...

Otherwise you should stay clear of it, and, imo, Ford.

We should expect better from companies, and I give credit to building a decent MPG truck, but even after 6 months the plastic on mine was turning white.... Its just not made to last.

Are Tesla's perfect? no. But if I had $55,000 to blow I could buy a brand new Model Y off their web site today (and have it in a week!). In 5 years I'd still have a great car.
So what is your point? I guess you don't have $55.000 to spend on an EV.

Lordran_Hollow

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota 86 860 Edition
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lol throwing shade at Ford for build quality while praising Tesla is kinda funny. Just check out https://www.reddit.com/r/RealTesla/top/?t=all and check out the top posts and you'll see just how abysmal the build quality is on these cars. Tesla was quick to the game being the first major EV manufacturer, but they are nowhere near what they are cracked up to be.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.