clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford has updates sent to the vehicle which drains the battery. So if it is going to sit. It does make sense.
Wat?

I'm curious where you're getting to that conclusion about
1. Ford sending updates without your confirmation in the truck
2. Even if they did, why that would drain the whole battery
Sponsored

bwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2008 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why have a new truck sitting for months at a time? Sell the truck and get a moped.

UncleDuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fusion
After reading about 12v issues on the hybrids I purchased a lithium jump pack from amazon. Received it yesterday, now if I could just get my truck.

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love my little jump pack. Never used it on the Mav but it has a usb outlet charger and a big flashlight that were handy when the power went out. I have used the jumper for other vehicles. It is much easier and safer than jumper cables. I recommend it.

Captain Pork chop

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wat?

I'm curious where you're getting to that conclusion about
1. Ford sending updates without your confirmation in the truck
2. Even if they did, why that would drain the whole battery
Previous forums. All radio updates from what I hear. You can change the settings I think

Sponsored

ScorpioST

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leaf
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe need a dedicated 12V thread. I have a voltage gauge in 12v socket and it seems to be charging way longer than normal? Yesterday I drove about 45 minutes and it was sitting at 14.6v for almost the entire trip, about 5 minutes before arrival it finally dropped to 12.8.

My Leaf will show mid 14v for about 5, maybe 10 minutes then settle at 12.9 and sit there for a long time throughout most of drive, Maybe occasionally topping up for a few minutes here or there.
I'm no expert, but something seems off with Mav 12v, at dealer when setting up the Ford app it gave a deep sleep alert!

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have one that plugs into the 12v outlet in my old mazda. When last winter was at it's coldest, the battery was starting to labor a bit. Once I started leaving that thing plugged in all the time it always started fine. It's getting sold to buy the mav when it comes in and I don't want to dump any more money into it.
Wait, you can do that thru the lighter plug? I sorta figured there'd be a diode or some other one- way thingey to keep charge from backflowing, sorta like in a voltage regulator.

Also, any reason it has to be solar? Trickle chargers on AC power are a dime a dozen, and then ideally you can park it out of the elements and harmful UV rays.
Some of us have to park where there aren't any outlets, or the outlets are too far away. At least that was my first guess. Like in a barn or something.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wait, you can do that thru the lighter plug? I sorta figured there'd be a diode or some other one- way thingey to keep charge from backflowing, sorta like in a voltage regulator.
this is on my old mazda 3.

It has two 12v outlets, one on the center console that is switched and on in the center storage bin which is not.

If you actually understand electricity and wiring IMO it's far better to have one that is directly connected to the battery with no switching. If you're dumb enough to drain your battery by leaving something on, you deserve to have to jump start it. :ROFLMAO:

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't want to deep cycle the starting battery if I can help it. Those are some cool options. I wonder if the 12v is on a relay.
The 12v battery is NOT the starting battery. It furnishes 12v to run computer, operate relays to allow the high voltage battery to furnish the starting current to the starter/generator.

FilipDo

First Name
Filip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NO
The future of solar energy is on a hockey stick. The number of solar panels deployed globally has increased significantly since the early 2000s, and this trend is anticipated to continue for decades. An estimated 222 gigawatts of solar energy were installed globally by the end of 2015. That figure may increase to 4,500 GW by 2050, according to a recent research (PDF) from the International Renewable Energy Agency.
Site - https://floridanewstimes.com/how-long-do-solar-panels-last/403299/

Sponsored

Danspix

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.danspix.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger, 2003 jeep liberty freedom
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The future of solar energy is on a hockey stick. The number of solar panels deployed globally has increased significantly since the early 2000s, and this trend is anticipated to continue for decades. An estimated 222 gigawatts of solar energy were installed globally by the end of 2015. That figure may increase to 4,500 GW by 2050, according to a recent research (PDF) from the International Renewable Energy Agency.
Site - https://floridanewstimes.com/how-long-do-solar-panels-last/403299/
In the film Back To The Future, Doc Brown refers to "jigawatts" of electricity. This is the now-obscure but once-standard pronunciation of the word "gigawatt", one billion watts. Nowadays it is usually pronounced with a hard "g" as in "gander" and "gold".

RAnSD619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry, Honda Fit, Toyota Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I measured.

As expected the truck uses some power in the first 90 minutes after being parked. Then shuts everything off.

At least that is how it should be.

So worst case is many short trips in a day. It may never go to sleep until you do.
Sponsored