First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
is the new battery still working for you? I have the same problem.
Sponsored

Dluep1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the same problem , it is now Jan 2024 how is the replacement battery holding up?

acapaldi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the same problem , it is now Jan 2024 how is the replacement battery holding up?
Not who you asked, but I'll chime in. 3 weeks with an upgraded battery in mine. It has helped but not totally fixed the issue.

Idle drain is way down, I lose maybe 1% when parked for 12 hours at a time, that's down from 4-5% with the old battery. New one has slightly more capacity and is...newer.

I only have 1-2A going into it though when driving, I barely replenish what I lose. Sitting at 63% and SOC is slowly dropping.

No deep sleep, no dead battery. I haven't had to put it on the wall charger. But the charging system, despite proving able to output at least 12A successfully, just doesn't want to. Trickle charging is all I've got, and I still don't know why. It's now 30% below the battery charge target in the Bdycm and falling.

I understand how battery #1 and battery #2 "went bad". Truck leaves the batteries in a low SOC over a long period of time and that ruins them. Now I need to figure out how to spare battery #3 the same fate.

Last edited:

Dluep1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
thank you , Hopefully Ford or someone can figure it out.

stretch119

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not who you asked, but I'll chime in. 3 weeks with an upgraded battery in mine. It has helped but not totally fixed the issue.

Idle drain is way down, I lose maybe 1% when parked for 12 hours at a time, that's down from 4-5% with the old battery. New one has slightly more capacity and is...newer.

I only have 1-2A going into it though when driving, I barely replenish what I lose. Sitting at 63% and SOC is slowly dropping.

No deep sleep, no dead battery. I haven't had to put it on the wall charger. But the charging system, despite proving able to output at least 12A successfully, just doesn't want to. Trickle charging is all I've got, and I still don't know why. It's now 30% below the battery charge target in the Bdycm and falling.

I understand how battery #1 and battery #2 "went bad". Truck leaves the batteries in a low SOC over a long period of time and that ruins them. Now I need to figure out how to spare battery #3 the same fate.
I recognize your name so I apologize if I’ve asked this before, but did you update the battery settings with forscan when putting the new AGM battery in? If so, do you remember what they were before you changed them, and do you remember what you set them to?

Sponsored

acapaldi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I recognize your name so I apologize if I’ve asked this before, but did you update the battery settings with forscan when putting the new AGM battery in? If so, do you remember what they were before you changed them, and do you remember what you set them to?
For the most part I have not, and that may have been an error on my part. BlueSpec seems to be having better luck with his settings.

It's still an H4 battery, 45AH capacity, and the charge type is set to AGM (Stock setting, thanks Ford!).

The one thing I did try was increasing the target SOC to 92%, up from the stock 80%. Didn't seem to change anything. The truck ignores the target SOC level, and that might be part of our issue. Regardless of where the battery is relative to the target SOC, the charge amps do not seem to increase. I'll sometimes see it pump more amps into the battery, but it doesn't seem to drive off of that. Not sure what the trigger is.

When I set my battery type to the Varta 52AH option, Forscan lists a 70AH battery instead. I don't know which is accurate, so I've avoided the battery type options until now. Charging mode also seems affected by this change, I see "Conventional Charging" while I'm driving currently, with the other type selected it seems the truck stays in "Battery Refresh" mode. No idea what the difference is, but I've seen it in my and BlueSpec's screenshots.

Ford Maverick Replacing 12v battery 70vs52

Last edited:

stretch119

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For the most part I have not, and that may have been an error on my part. BlueSpec seems to be having better luck with his settings.

It's still an H4 battery, 45AH capacity, and the charge type is set to AGM (Stock setting, thanks Ford!).

The one thing I did try was increasing the target SOC to 92%, up from the stock 80%. Didn't seem to change anything. The truck ignores the target SOC level, and that might be part of our issue. Regardless of where the battery is relative to the target SOC, the charge amps do not seem to increase. I'll sometimes see it pump more amps into the battery, but it doesn't seem to drive off of that. Not sure what the trigger is.

When I set my battery type to the Varta 52AH option, Forscan lists a 70AH battery instead. I don't know which is accurate, so I've avoided the battery type options until now. Charging mode also seems affected by this change, I see "Conventional Charging" while I'm driving currently, with the other type selected it seems the truck stays in "Battery Refresh" mode. No idea what the difference is, but I've seen it in my and BlueSpec's screenshots.

70vs52.jpg
Thanks for sharing. I guess I’ll stick with Bluespec’s settings.

I haven’t even owned my truck a year and it’s spent a combined total of multiple months at the dealership for this issue with no fix. It’s so frustrating that the ford engineers can’t figure it out so we get left guessing how to resolve it on our own.

On another note, what app are you using in that screenshot? Is it forscanlite? If so, can I use that to make changes to my battery settings instead of my laptop?

acapaldi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for sharing. I guess I’ll stick with Bluespec’s settings.

I haven’t even owned my truck a year and it’s spent a combined total of multiple months at the dealership for this issue with no fix. It’s so frustrating that the ford engineers can’t figure it out so we get left guessing how to resolve it on our own.

On another note, what app are you using in that screenshot? Is it forscanlite? If so, can I use that to make changes to my battery settings instead of my laptop?
I don't know what kind of process they follow over there for diagnosing or following up on customer complaints, but it's pretty clear there is zero follow through. For as many of us who have this issue, you'd think someone would have found a dealer/engineer who cared enough to find the root cause.

Anyway, yes, I'm using FORScan lite. Can't make any changes through there though. You have to use the desktop version for that. I keep my phone paired to a OBDLink MX+ and monitor battery level, charge amps etc. with the app while I'm driving. It's convenient for staying on top of what the truck is doing.

Last edited:

Silver23

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid shows AGM and 80 percent. I have read many times others are the same.

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 12v battery is always low in voltage but the truck starts every day (from the HV battery) so dealer on two trips said there was nothing to fix.

Sponsored

Nunyabiznus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Diehard makes a perfect fit battery. Put one in mine 5 months ago haven't had a problem since.

Dluep1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2023 Hybrid Lariat and constantly get the “Remote features disabled to conserve power” and/or deep sleep. I’ve turned basically all the things off (Wi-Fi updates, location tracking) and it seems impossible to defeat. I have a theory it’s the 400w 120v inverter option that’s drawing down the battery.

Anywho, I’ve also heard that the batteries these things ship with are junk… so I’d like cross that off my list of culprits. Autozone says it’s an EFB battery and offers a “direct” replacement. But what about switching to an AGM? They seem to be better fit for a hybrid, but unsure if anyone has switched with any success?
I have a 2023 Hybrid Lariat and constantly get the “Remote features disabled to conserve power” and/or deep sleep. I’ve turned basically all the things off (Wi-Fi updates, location tracking) and it seems impossible to defeat. I have a theory it’s the 400w 120v inverter option that’s drawing down the battery.

Anywho, I’ve also heard that the batteries these things ship with are junk… so I’d like cross that off my list of culprits. Autozone says it’s an EFB battery and offers a “direct” replacement. But what about switching to an AGM? They seem to be better fit for a hybrid, but unsure if anyone has switched with any success?

Dluep1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Hybrid was built 9/23. the first month was okay then the battery issues started, I would put it on a charger, etc, one time it went dead and would not start. I went to Oreily's and got a three-year SuperStart battery, neither Autozone or Advance had it. I also tried my local auto club but they show it only for the 2022 model even though it's the same one. The battery has a vent hole for the tube. little bit of a hassle getting it in and out, so now I am waiting to see if that fixes the problem or not. My truck is not used that much. keeping my fingers crossed. I also went on Consumer Reports and they did some battery tests and ratings. I don't know if Motorcraft was included or not but not one of them showed as a Best Buy or got a top rating, take that for what it's worth good luck fellow MTC members.

Dluep1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Hybrid was built 9/23. the first month was okay then the battery issues started, I would put it on a charger, etc, one time it went dead and would not start. I went to Oreily's and got a three-year SuperStart battery, neither Autozone or Advance had it. I also tried my local auto club but they show it only for the 2022 model even though it's the same one. The battery has a vent hole for the tube. little bit of a hassle getting it in and out, so now I am waiting to see if that fixes the problem or not. My truck is not used that much. keeping my fingers crossed. I also went on Consumer Reports and they did some battery tests and ratings. I don't know if Motorcraft was included or not but not one of them showed as a Best Buy or got a top rating, take that for what it's worth good luck fellow MTC members.
damn, already getting the deep sleep notice only after a week of sitting and going on a 500 mile round trip. it's off to the dealer see what they say.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Never heard of that before. Why is that?
Most likely the model stating not to use on AGM delivered more than 15v. Just check the charge profile for the AGM you purchase fully charge it before installing, reset the BMS then lock the truck as the manual states and leave it for at least 8 hours so bcm can determine the battery type and condition that you have installed. This should set the proper charge profile to agm. I personally would choose a pure lead deep cycle flooded battery as it would handle sub zero charging better. FYI I am in central Texas so that's not critical generally speaking plus I have not had deep sleep but have had no done light several times.
Sponsored