John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Meh. I call bullshat. He hasn't shown the proof.
Actually yes. Read some other posts on this topic from about half a year ago when I averaged the fuel tank volumes of fuel pumped from 20 separate hybrids and about a dozen Ecoboosts.
Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Actually yes. Read some other posts on this topic from about half a year ago when I averaged the fuel tank volumes of fuel pumped from 20 separate hybrids and about a dozen Ecoboosts.
Can you please just repost or link to the unequivocal proof I've requested? I'm not interested in circular arguments and alien theories. I want proof there is 2.7 gallons of hidden reserve.

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ran out of gas a couple days ago while tracking in Forscan and learned a few things:

-It drove electric only at about 38.4mph for 1.75 miles (Hybrid battery started at 47.6%, which isn't very high)
-Hybrid battery drained from 47.6% to 26.8% during that 1.75 miles. At 26.8% it cut power to the motor.
-That little white funnel is important for filling from a can :oops:
-The tank filled to 15.29 gallons. I'd added a small amount from a gas can. So it's capacity is probably about 15.5 gallons. THIS IS INCORRECT. I DON'T KNOW ACTUAL AMOUNT,

Flat road, 87 degrees, no accessories running, A/C off, headlights on.

23' Hybrid XLT

20230806_234952.jpg
How did you know how percentage the battery was charged?

Sventinker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So where does the vehicle show you the state of charge of the battery?

Kentucky

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've gotten it to charge to 72% so far.
I’ve been wondering about the Hybrid battery charge. How can you tell what the charge level is? I’ve not been able to find any meters or gauges or screens to provide that information…

Sponsored

azadv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hmm, a 500-650 mile range and someone runs out of gas. 🙄

Jays_mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid - Area 51 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use an OBD Bluetooth dongle and Torque Pro app. to monitor my battery charge. Others use Scangauges or other programs to monitor through the OBD PORT.

Gillamsoil

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

OK, are we all sure because my specs show this for USA 2.5 hybrid?

Fuel Tank Capacity

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve been wondering about the Hybrid battery charge. How can you tell what the charge level is? I’ve not been able to find any meters or gauges or screens to provide that information…
Buy a scan gage and plug into OBD port.

Numbers234

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just Ordered a Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ran out of gas a couple days ago while tracking in Forscan and learned a few things:

-It drove electric only at about 38.4mph for 1.75 miles (Hybrid battery started at 47.6%, which isn't very high)
-Hybrid battery drained from 47.6% to 26.8% during that 1.75 miles. At 26.8% it cut power to the motor.
-The tank filled to 15.29 gallons. I'd added a small amount from a gas can. So it's capacity is probably about 15.5 gallons. THIS IS INCORRECT. I DON'T KNOW ACTUAL AMOUNT,

23' Hybrid XLT

20230806_234952.jpg
Google says it has a 13.8 gallon tank, but it would not surprise me if it has another gallon reserve to make sure people don't get stranded on the side of the highway.

Sponsored

clofan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol bunch of upset nerds in this thread.

I put 14.555 gallons in my hybrid on a fill-up earlier this year, wonder where that extra .7 gallons went!!!

In fact, there have been 10 fill-ups where I've gone over 13.8, must be Big Gas taking a cut

scotty

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

23' Hybrid XLT

20230806_234952.jpg
thanks for info. do you know what percent of battery life (maybe life is wrong word) is the max. it will register at?

PNWMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol bunch of upset nerds in this thread.

I put 14.555 gallons in my hybrid on a fill-up earlier this year, wonder where that extra .7 gallons went!!!

In fact, there have been 10 fill-ups where I've gone over 13.8, must be Big Gas taking a cut
Fill neck. This is also why people are told not to "top up." Greatly increased risk of spillage.

That said, I am clocking in close to 30,000 miles on my '22 hybrid and I feel comfortable saying that there is actually a higher capacity than 13.8 gallons. There could be a number of reasons Ford states 13.8 gallons instead of a true capacity.

The other factors people don't seem to be taking into account are how pump shutoffs work, ambient temperatures outside, is the vehicle level? These can impact the amount of fuel you get into a vehicle, up and down, by enough to account for the discrepancy people are seeing.

Edit: I am a huge nerd in real life.

OP
OP
Eyesskyward

Eyesskyward

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's a few options. I use Forscan software on a laptop. Forscan.org
Sponsored