Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The answer would typically be emissions. Look at the turbo diesels from VW for example, you got better power and fuel economy with their tune, but it was cheating a little bit on emissions. If you didn't care about emissions at all, you could likely get more power and fuel economy from it.

Usually though these simply overboost the turbo a bit, which comes with the downside that generally speaking you now have to use higher octane instead of it being optional, and the turbo is out of its efficiency range so slight extra wear and tear on the turbo and maybe the oil, and maybe a dip in fuel economy.

Its just a joke, and no need to simp for Ford, they'll be fine. There are worse people we should throw in the gulag first, like people that invented bagel bites or have blue checkmarks on twitter.
So, if I understand correctly, one CAN increase both performance and MPG’s, but at the cost of decreased air quality, ala Volkswagen. Ok…..One may choose to go that way. Especially if one has no grandchildren, or cares not about future generations.
No soapbox here.
But when one travels to countries that have less stringent air pollution laws, then comes home to the US (especially to a state with stringent anti-pollution laws), one will be amazed at the very noticeable cleanliness of the air we breathe. YES, very noticeable.
I changed sides after returning from a shall-not-be-named first-world country with considerably dirtier air. Came to appreciate the good ole USA that much more. Let’s not spoil it for stupid reasons.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, if I understand correctly, one CAN increase both performance and MPG’s, but at the cost of decreased air quality, ala Volkswagen. Ok…..One may choose to go that way. Especially if one has no grandchildren, or cares not about future generations.
Its all kind of a joke anyway. The differences are likely to be minimal, and not observed elsewhere that closely. After all, the catalytic converter and what not is still there, and Ford sells similar tunes for their vehicles that pass emissions, so the differences are usually negligible.

But for example, my mom's Audi diesel had to be repurchased by VW even though it was practically brand spanking new with almost no miles on it, ceramic coated, immaculately maintained.

What happened to it? They shipped it to Mexico a few hours South and sold it there where someone is happily driving it. We saved the planet! Yay! And even more comically, half of the vehicles in Houston are beaters that have fake paper license plates, and even though its in the news all the time about how its an epidemic with the amount of vehicles with fake plates that have no insurance, no registration, no inspection, etc, the fact that they blow clouds of white oil smoke down the road bothers no one.

A brand new Mav, even chipped, is a non-issue and will be extremely clean compared to most of the vehicles on the road.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There might not be much more to wring out here. Buscher said he was having trouble getting gains and got more from the air intake and custom exhaust than from tuning and didn't think 300hp was doable. . Ford is already wringing a lot of power out of this engine.

In any case all this is in it's infancy for the mav, but he 2.0l ecoboost has been around a while. If there was power left on the table somebody would already know how to get it.
I would snoop around the internet to see if any late model Escape owners have tried one of these for results.

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its all kind of a joke anyway. The differences are likely to be minimal, and not observed elsewhere that closely. After all, the catalytic converter and what not is still there, and Ford sells similar tunes for their vehicles that pass emissions, so the differences are usually negligible.

But for example, my mom's Audi diesel had to be repurchased by VW even though it was practically brand spanking new with almost no miles on it, ceramic coated, immaculately maintained.

What happened to it? They shipped it to Mexico a few hours South and sold it there where someone is happily driving it. We saved the planet! Yay! And even more comically, half of the vehicles in Houston are beaters that have fake paper license plates, and even though its in the news all the time about how its an epidemic with the amount of vehicles with fake plates that have no insurance, no registration, no inspection, etc, the fact that they blow clouds of white oil smoke down the road bothers no one.

A brand new Mav, even chipped, is a non-issue and will be extremely clean compared to most of the vehicles on the road.
Agreed, why fall on your sword to save the planet when most of the rest of the world doesn't care?

23 of the top 25 greenhouse gas emitting cities in the world are in china. The other two are Moscow and Tokyo and Tokyo is the single largest city in the world but notably not the top emitter.

wattsupwiththat.com/2021/09/03/23-25-top-ghg-emitting-cities-are-in-red-china/

I am not advocating repeal of pollution laws. I just don't want people to excoriate me for taking such things with a grain of salt. Ain't gonna give up my A/C so some guy in china can have his.

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
No soapbox here.
But when one travels to countries that have less stringent air pollution laws, then comes home to the US (especially to a state with stringent anti-pollution laws), one will be amazed at the very noticeable cleanliness of the air we breathe. YES, very noticeable.
I changed sides after returning from a shall-not-be-named first-world country with considerably dirtier air. Came to appreciate the good ole USA that much more. Let’s not spoil it for stupid reasons.
Im glad we built a wall to keep the bad air out of the United States, and only keep the good air in here. America #1!

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
No soapbox here.
Have you been consulting Al Gore?

If anything... increased power calls for more efficiency of the motor to make said increases. Higher ignition timing and better burn. A properly tuned vehicle will not harm the environment. OEM or otherwise. This isn't Dieselgate.....

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick’s ECU Cybersecurity Prevents Direct Tuning, So This Is The Next Best Thing
Although we already know that's a lie since it doesn't sound like Buschur had extraordinary difficulty getting to tuning.

Sponsored

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And flashed, piggybacked, or magic wand, new ECU's document EVERYTHING so there's no bs'ing the dealer when you take it in.

Exiwolf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And flashed, piggybacked, or magic wand, new ECU's document EVERYTHING so there's no bs'ing the dealer when you take it in.
Quite hard with piggyback, safest way if worried about warranty.

OP
OP
Gamer_M

Gamer_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204, Maverick
Thanks @Darksider for the update. Looks like there is now more hp and torque coming out of the racechip! The latest GTS now gives 30hp+ and 45lb-ft+ !
Ford Maverick RaceChip Piggyback Tune released for 2022 Maverick 1639201051033

BadHombre

First Name
Angello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FE, Chevy Nova
Do they have actual data to show these numbers are factual? Has anyone purchased one of these? I'm interested but skeptical.
Sponsored