aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I emailed them a week ago asking for a dyno plot and why the difference in power for the 3 different prices. No response.
Sponsored

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update....

"Unfortunately we can't provide you with with dyno charts. These are only available to our development department and are occasionally published on various platforms, for example our social media channels."

I also asked them why the 3 different models have 3 different power improvements. Their response was just to explain that the 3 different models have 3 different power improvements and didn't explain why:

"The "RaceChip S" is our basic model, a solid performance at a very good price. You can save up to 10% in fuel and get up to 20% performance increase."

"The "RaceChip RS" is our bestseller. Thanks to the software we've developed it can increase the power up to 25% while it saves up to 15% in fuel. This model is much more effective than the RaceChip S."

"The "RaceChip GTS / Black" is our premium chip with a new technology. This Chip does not only generates the maximum power output but also optimizes the smooth running of the engine."

So, although I really like the idea of a removable piggyback tuning device, this comes off as some total nonsense to me. I am very skeptical they have actually done any real tuning with a Maverick and are not just reusing the same settings from other ecoboost vehicles. It also annoys me that they have different power levels for different price points, which makes absolutely no sense. I responded with more questions and asked them to confirm if they had actually done dyno tuning with a Maverick and will post their response.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update....

"Unfortunately we can't provide you with with dyno charts. These are only available to our development department and are occasionally published on various platforms, for example our social media channels."

I also asked them why the 3 different models have 3 different power improvements. Their response was just to explain that the 3 different models have 3 different power improvements and didn't explain why:

"The "RaceChip S" is our basic model, a solid performance at a very good price. You can save up to 10% in fuel and get up to 20% performance increase."

"The "RaceChip RS" is our bestseller. Thanks to the software we've developed it can increase the power up to 25% while it saves up to 15% in fuel. This model is much more effective than the RaceChip S."

"The "RaceChip GTS / Black" is our premium chip with a new technology. This Chip does not only generates the maximum power output but also optimizes the smooth running of the engine."

So, although I really like the idea of a removable piggyback tuning device, this comes off as some total nonsense to me. I am very skeptical they have actually done any real tuning with a Maverick and are not just reusing the same settings from other ecoboost vehicles. It also annoys me that they have different power levels for different price points, which makes absolutely no sense. I responded with more questions and asked them to confirm if they had actually done dyno tuning with a Maverick and will post their response.
I'm actually working with RaceChip to assist in some ways. I have a unit on the way. I will report back to this thread in the near future with some hopefully positive results!

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm actually working with RaceChip to assist in some ways. I have a unit on the way. I will report back to this thread in the near future with some hopefully positive results!
Working with them how? To do a test with a real Maverick?

Sponsored

spuds_mackenzie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hot pepper red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update....

That certainly does sound a bit sketchy.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Let's be real, are there going to be improvements? Yes, I'd imagine if they've done tuning for a while they could change settings that they know will boost hp. But also they know nobody is going to a dyno with one of these. The figures quoted are nonsense of course, there's nothing secret about dynos and they'd advertise it if they had the results claimed.

Sponsored

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So they are selling a tuning product that they haven't tested? Niceee
Not sure where you got that from? You asked me earlier if I was going to test it on a real Maverick. I’ve been shipped a unit that I’m going to install and then put on a dyno and then determine wether it stays on my vehicle or goes back.

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure where you got that from? You asked me earlier if I was going to test it on a real Maverick. I’ve been shipped a unit that I’m going to install and then put on a dyno and then determine wether it stays on my vehicle or goes back.
Fair enough, I was assuming and probably got it wrong.

1) racechip refuses to provide dyno and offers vague ideas of gains.
2) you post right after that you are "working with them" and will be testing it on a maverick
3) I asked if working with them meant testing their product on a real vehicle and you said yes

I assumed that meant they had not tested it but I can see that you didn't exactly say that. My bad.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is exactly what needs to happen. If their product works you will see power gains. If not, well, you won't. Not sure why they might be reluctant to post dyno charts.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
23 of the top 25 greenhouse gas emitting cities in the world are in china. The other two are Moscow and Tokyo and Tokyo is the single largest city in the world but notably not the top emitter.

wattsupwiththat.com/2021/09/03/23-25-top-ghg-emitting-cities-are-in-red-china/
I not really that interested in this argument, but I am always interested in getting more information. So I checked out the article cited by the page in your link. Here's what it said:

Cities in the USA, Europe, and Australia had a notably higher per capita GHG emissions than those in most developing areas. ... Though China is still a developing country, several Chinese cities (such as Yinchuan, Urumqi, and Dalian) had the per capita GHG emissions ... approaching those of developed countries, which is partially attributed to their rapid urbanization, industrialization, and relatively high reliance on coal energy. Another major reason is that many high-carbon production chains were outsourced from developed nations to Chinese cities, thus increasing the export-related emission of the latter.
Frontiers | Keeping Track of Greenhouse Gas Emission Reduction Progress and Targets in 167 Cities Worldwide | Sustainable Cities (frontiersin.org)
The way I read that is that:

(1) Cities in the USA, Europe, and Australia are emitting more green house gasses per person than those in China, but China is catching up.

(2) And China is catching up, in part, because we are getting our stuff produced over there.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I not really that interested in this argument, but I am always interested in getting more information. So I checked out the article cited by the page in your link. Here's what it said:

The way I read that is that:

(1) Cities in the USA, Europe, and Australia are emitting more green house gasses per person than those in China, but China is catching up.

(2) And China is catching up, in part, because we are getting our stuff produced over there.
In several threads you have stated that you are not interested in an argument, then proceed to argue. Interesting.

Western per capita emissions have been dropping for decades now. Per capita emissions are certainly higher, China is working as hard as they can to catch up with nothing but empty promises for reduction. Since their population is something like five times that of the US, they only need to reach 1/5 the per capita emissions to surpass us in total emissions.

Besides, nobody is forcing them to do any of this. Are you implying that it's somehow the west's fault that they are increasing emissions? Place the blame where it belongs.
Sponsored