Sponsored

Pac757

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I don't know how Ford works but back when the last gen WRX came out I put in a factory order for a Premium 6 speed. I also sat waiting for production and Subaru automatically converted my order from a 2015 to a 2016 which was great as it came with bigger/better looking alloy wheels and a much better infotainment system. I believe this should be the same for Maverick orders.
I personally believe this is what Ford should do also.
Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would imagine a lot of us will be pushed to 2023 and 2024 builds dependent on your dealers allocations.
2024?!?!?!? 😩

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford did this to themselves packaging so many items together into the Lux packages, especially with the SIBL being such a large constraint from Day 1.
No, Ford did it to the customers. Ford is not losing anything.

Sponsored

Haveuseen1?

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT/FX4/4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m in the Aerospace industry. Last year we had 3-6 month delays on some items and relays out to a year. This year we have wire/cable that is out a year. Material delays are real and unpredictable. Many times we require 1000 of an item and the mfg delivers partials in an effort to keep us up and running. I can imagine that the auto industry is in a similar situation. We are making weekly adjustments on qty we can build and what we can build.

Maverick2112

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 xl hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm wondering if I do get bumped to 2023, if my lowly hybrid XL will take precedent over the new orders that they start taking late 22, or if they will continue to build more of the higher trim levels that ordered after me?

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm wondering if I do get bumped to 2023, if my lowly hybrid XL will take precedent over the new orders that they start taking late 22, or if they will continue to build more of the higher trim levels that ordered after me?
It will depend on allocations. The dumbest allocation system ever. Reward dealers who sell the most, by giving them the most to sell and starving the others. 🤔

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
It will depend on allocations. The dumbest allocation system ever. Reward dealers who sell the most, by giving them the most to sell and starving the others. 🤔
Sorry but that's not even remotely close to how and why it works and the system does work and Ford is not the only manufacturer that operates on an allocation system like that. If Ford were to move to some "everyone gets a trophy" type of allocation system they would lose so many sales to other manufacturers in LARGE markets, ie the markets that get the most allocation. Don't like it? Order from a dealer that gets more allocation, I did and my Maverick was scheduled for production within two weeks of ordering.

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry but that's not even remotely close to how and why it works and the system does work and Ford is not the only manufacturer that operates on an allocation system like that. If Ford were to move to some "everyone gets a trophy" type of allocation system they would lose so many sales to other manufacturers in LARGE markets, ie the markets that get the most allocation. Don't like it? Order from a dealer that gets more allocation, I did and my Maverick was scheduled for production within two weeks of ordering.
Evidently the system doesn’t work or there wouldn’t be people that have been waiting 9 months getting passed over for their build by someone who just ordered two weeks ago. Regardless of where the dealer is located if ford accepts, validates, and approves the order it should be put into line….. not oh well second or third year of production for you because you didn’t drive to a bigger city and chose to purchase locally. That’s not everyone gets a trophy, that’s just alienating your customers that you hoped to conquest from another brand.

Now if ford would deny an order at a smaller local ford store that’s different. But don’t tell me I’m in the system and then not build me because the “larger market” takes precedence. Markets shift, population density changes.

Sponsored

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a lot of angst over production, but it really isn’t a mystery.

Ford originally said Maverick production would be max 80k in year 1, with a 40%/60% hybrid/EB mix. That was determined by their market forecasting before the first orders were accepted, as was the option mix.

Clearly the forecasting was shown to be way off base as the orders poured in (seems to be a common problem in the pandemic).

The designated Maverick factory is shared with the Bronco Sport and working 2-3 shifts, so there is limited ability to expand capacity, even if the suppliers could ramp up component production.

So Ford took the unusual step of shutting off new ordering when the total backlog approached the planned capacity limit (Hybrid in November, EB in January). It’s probably around 70-75k total to give some wiggle room for fleet orders.

The forecasters were also wrong on the option mix, especially Lux packages. They spotted the SIBL issue early, which is why it was pulled from the XLT Lux package. But I think they are hopeful their suppliers will accommodate most of the other option forecast mismatches.

So if you have a confirmed order, it will get built before 22MY production ends in Sept/Oct. The might be some corner cases where an order can’t be built due a last minute commodity problem and therefore will be rolled into 2023, but those will be few. If they have 75k orders, there will be 75k units built, unless there is a gross supply chain failure, which is unlikely at this point (there were hybrid certification delays, the gas tank problem, and likely a few others, but there don’t appear to be any big issues at this point).

As for when a particular order gets built, that depends entirely on matching batched orders with available supplier commodities in any particular production week. Hard to know, other than the general rule of thumb that earlier orders are more likely to be produced before later orders. But again, if you have a confirmed order, it will probably get built before 22MY close out (if you don’t have a Ford confirmed order, your stealership lied to you).

All in all, perhaps the biggest failure on Ford’s part is to explain and communicate the ongoing production process issues to everyone who placed orders in good faith.

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The small dea!ers are in a "Catch 22" situation. They don't sell enough cars so their allocations go down. Their allocations are low so they can't sell enough cars.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The other question is should those of us who are way back in the line wind up getting 2023 models will the original price when ordered be honored? My fears are not only will I get a truck at all but also that what I ordered as a bargain vehicle will be priced out of range when (if) it comes?

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One problem with this is that until i came to this site i had never heard of tbe allocation system and the big vs small dealerships. I had placed my hybrid order with my small town dealer in good faith. That was back in time and it was too late to flip to a larger dealer just to be last in their line.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The small dea!ers are in a "Catch 22" situation. They don't sell enough cars so their allocations go down. Their allocations are low so they can't sell enough cars.
You have to look at the allocation in percentages not in monthly count. When you look at the percentages the numbers are fairly close between big and small dealers.

Long McArthur has 559 orders but only 16% have been delivered to their customers.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/long-mcarthur-total-order-numbers.9140/
Sponsored