First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
315 difference. So, either 315 orders scheduled last week were not US retail or 315 new orders were placed (or a combination of the two).

First week was unicorn heavy as Ford scheduled both more XLs and Hybrids than expected.

Ford Maverick Latest Maverick Production Key Commodity Constraints (8/28/23) 1693313217320

Last edited:

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
315 difference. So, either 315 orders scheduled last week were not retail or 315 new orders were placed (or a combination of the two).
?

isn't it 52,091 to 47,096

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
?

isn't it 52,091 to 47,096
Difference between highest VIN and USOB. Gives us an idea of how much we are off using that approach. Pretty close, actually.

Montauk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL, 2023 F-150 Rattler pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Even with order banks still open. The number of unscheduled orders went down 5K
That’s actually interesting. The highest VIN we saw here was (I think) 7750? for the first set of
scheduled orders. Wish we could see how many fleet orders were scheduled and what their specs are.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s actually interesting. The highest VIN we saw here was (I think) 7750? for the first set of
scheduled orders. Wish we could see how many fleet orders were scheduled and what their specs are.
Yes, but VINs are all vehicles including non-US. USOB is only US as I understand it.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Difference between highest VIN and USOB. Gives us an idea of how much we are off using that approach. Pretty close, actually.
Oh, OK. with the assumed 20% non-US orders.

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It looks like my rolling Cactus may be postponed because the splash guards that were supposedly removed by the sales lady at my request weren't removed. I have the signed confirmation of the changes I'd made weeks before the truck was scheduled for production, and I had ordered some of the flexible mudflaps advertised here by Mabett to replace them. Salesperson says Ford missed the request but I'm pretty sure it was her slip up. Big mistake, as the bug shield I'd had on the order all along mysteriously disappeared from the build accessories while the expensive Ford splash guards still remain. The truck was scheduled for production the week of October 26. I can't believe human error and unwanted plastic bits and pieces are going to hold up my truck.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh, OK. with the assumed 20% non-US orders.
Correct. That was included in my VIN estimates from last week. So, could be that: ~315 more orders went to not US than expected.

itzyoboipaul

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It looks like my rolling Cactus may be postponed because the splash guards that were supposedly removed by the sales lady at my request weren't removed. I have the signed confirmation of the changes I'd made weeks before the truck was scheduled for production, and I had ordered some of the flexible mudflaps advertised here by Mabett to replace them. Salesperson says Ford missed the request but I'm pretty sure it was her slip up. Big mistake, as the bug shield I'd had on the order all along mysteriously disappeared from the build accessories while the expensive Ford splash guards still remain. The truck was scheduled for production the week of October 26. I can't believe human error and unwanted plastic bits and pieces are going to hold up my truck.
I emailed and texted my rep yesterday to delete the splash guard from my XL hybrid order.
He said they couldnt. System wasnt letting them.
I emailed the sales manager this morning.

ilikebike

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid HPR w/ BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you have a scheduled build date you should be fine. They still have enough capacity to build 1/3 of them.
Constraints mainly affect scheduling.

Jman79

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Honda Odessey, Ford Maverick 🤞MY24
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know there is less profit margin, blah, blah, and companies have to make money.

But when the base/starting price for something is the first price customers see 99% of the time. However, the company only intends to fulfill that base cost for 23% of customers, by strict production coordination not just estimated customer orders, it seems like there are some false advertising issues!

Yeah I'm frustrated cause I'm an XL, and yeah even if I get scheduled next week it doesn't make the above fact less wrong.

I like Ford and what they are "trying" to do with the Maverick. I don't want to hurt that endeavor, but as a consumer who just wants straight forward product for price I feel like that could be grounds for a class action.

RedRider

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion, 2023 Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its interesting that front and rear splash guard capacity is different. Were they expecting that people would only install the back ones or something equally idiotic?
Sponsored