Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For the most part, the people "waiting 9 months" are hybrid orders. And 100% of the people that are getting build dates after only waiting 2 weeks are EB orders. Order a vehicle Ford has more of, you get your order sooner.
Sounds good! But Ford was pushing the base Hybrid FWD 2.5L for $20K and deleting their economy cars. So one would think that that was the abundant product they were pushing. American marketing seems to always lie to potential customers..too bad it is always customer beware. The pandemic aside.
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just the numbers:
By my understanding of the number of vehicles reserved it is somewhere around 100,000. At 6000 made per month that will take starting from Dec 2021 around 16 -17 months to make them all without delays, estimated completion by March- April 2023.
Unless my Nov third ordered XL without restraints gets bumped up...looks like it will be a 2023 model.
Wow...wonder what Ford will be offering to customers with that much delay for MSRP pricing?
100k was reservations not actual orders. The many minds of Maverick have determined that actual order numbers to between 60-70k. So there's still a good chance that everyone who ordered in MY22 will receive their Maverick, baring no more show stopping supply issues! No guarantees are implied by my statement, your experiences may differ! 🤣

vfrfreak23

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Commodities / Constraints
XLT Lux - 15% (29% of current builds)
* The percentages mean how many Ford can build with that item / option. Currently for example, Spray-in Bedliner says 47% -- so the maximum Ford will schedule currently will be 47% of builds with this option.
Okay I know it's here in plain English but my brain is being dumb. Does this mean Ford is able to build 15% of the reserved XLT Lux builds in March - April. And the XLT Lux option is currently 29% of all Maverick orders or could be, in total so far that would be 29% of current XLT Lux builds after the 15% is built?

Just trying to make this make sense in my head. Thanks!

Last edited:

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay I know it's here in plain English but my brain is being dumb. Does this mean Ford is able to build 15% of the reserved XLT Lux builds in March - April. And the XLT Lux option is currently 29% of all Maverick orders or could be, in total so far that would be 29% of current XLT Lux builds after the 15% is built?

Just trying to make this make sense in my head. Thanks!
OK I'll try. What it's stating is that of all the current XLT orders 29% have the Lux package, Ford says there's only enough supplies for 15% of those orders. So, that means only 15% of the XLT Lux package orders can be bulit. However,
keep in mind that your odds for getting selected when other constraints are added to your order. Like 360 package or SIBL. Ford revises their supply constraints each month, I believe, but don't quote me. I hope this helps, I'm not an expert, but I sat by one once! 🤣

Last edited:

vfrfreak23

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
OK I'll try. What it's stating is that of all the current orders XLT orders 29% have the Lux package, Ford says there's only enough supplies for 15% of those orders. So, that means only 15% of the XLT Lux package orders can be bulit. However,
keep in that your odds for getting selected when other constraints are added to your order. Like 360 package or SIBL. Ford revises their supply constraints each, I believe, but don't quote me. I hope this helps, I'm not an expert, but I sat by one once! 🤣
Ah ah okay so if in total Ford has received 100 orders, 29 of them have the lux package, and Ford says they can only make 4ish of them since 15% of 29 is 4.something?

And since this is a March - April constraint, they can make 15% of all XLT Lux orders in those months that they currently have and can go up or down if constraints change in later months?

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ah ah okay so if in total Ford has received 100 orders, 29 of them have the lux package, and Ford says they can only make 4ish of them since 15% of 29 is 4.something?

And since this is a March - April constraint, they can make 15% of all XLT Lux orders in those months that they currently have and can go up or down if constraints change in later months?
Yep, you got it. Keep in mind your percentage of getting built goes down with constraint item in your order. So if you have a tonneau cover or bed mat as part of your order your percentage takes a drastic dip!

vfrfreak23

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Yep, you got it. Keep in mind your percentage of getting built goes down with constraint item in your order. So if you have a tonneau cover or bed mat as part of your order your percentage takes a drastic dip!
Awesome, thanks!!

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Jackhammer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500. 21 Escape
I knew I should have added my own tonneau cover after I got my maverick
Have your dealer take it off your order. You can make changes if you are not scheduled with a VIN. I took off all the things I am able to get aftermarket. After taking those types of items and switching to a drop-in liner instead of a spray-in I received a production date the following week. Coincidence or due to the changes ... who knows?

Sponsored

rockn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Info from Ford dealer:

Commodities / Constraints

Spray-in Bedliner - 47% (56% of current builds)
Cargo Management System - 46% (54% of current builds)
CoPilot 360 - 42% (57% of current builds)
XLT Lux - 15% (29% of current builds)
Lariat Lux - 12% (25% of current builds)
Bed Cover: Soft Cover - 16%
Bed Cover: Hard Tri-fold - 2.5%
Bed Cover: Roll-Up - 3%
Bed Extender - 2%
Bed Mat - 2%

* The percentages mean how many Ford can build with that item / option. Currently for example, Spray-in Bedliner says 47% -- so the maximum Ford will schedule currently will be 47% of builds with this option.

Upcoming Planned Production Schedule:

March: 5,500 total (2,000 EcoBoost, 3,500 Hybrid)
April: 5,500 total (2,200 EcoBoost, 3,300 Hybrid)
May: 6,500 total (expected to be 55%/45% - 60%40% EcoBoost / Hybrid)
I don't know if this has been asked/answered, but what happens if people that have the plain XL ordered and added SIBL. Let us says that one percent actually take if off. So 47% and 55% of current builds.

Does this have an impact of the Lariax Lux 12% and 25% ? Because they can not drop the SIBL. Does that mean they can schedule 13% now? (easy math, but you get what I am saying)

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know if this has been asked/answered, but what happens if people that have the plain XL ordered and added SIBL. Let us says that one percent actually take if off. So 47% and 55% of current builds.

Does this have an impact of the Lariax Lux 12% and 25% ? Because they can not drop the SIBL. Does that mean they can schedule 13% now? (easy math, but you get what I am saying)
Everyone that drops any packages, Lux, 360 or removes SIBL is going to help the overall process. How that's going to effect individual orders only Ford can determine that because once they get the final numbers of how many packages etc they'll need then they'll jockey the supplies around to get the most builds done. The First Edition Mavericks will certainly get some type of priority and hopefully after them all the early dates orders. This is just my opinion and doesn't factor in the allocation system, which no one but the Great OZ understands! 🤣

ehauser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 3, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Literally just cancelled my order a couple days ago as I just received my 2022 Tacoma. Missing the tech features I was excited about in the Maverick, but oh well. This will keep me happy for the next several years. I’ll try ford again then.
I haven't cancelled and probably won't, but I went ahead and bought a 22 Frontier. Missing some features I would have liked on the Maverick. No BSM, no heated anything, gas mileage is 21 mpg versus 42. Those are my main issues, but maybe I will get the Maverick in a few years and in the meantime I have a new truck to drive :)

ehauser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like my early August order for a loaded lariat will be a 23 model year if I am lucky.
Feel like I am in the same boat. Keep hoping I will win the Maverick lottery. "So you're telling me there's a chance" - Lloyd Christmas

ehauser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer told me 5 months and he’ll knock off $500 per month from the price after that so I’m actually hoping it goes longer.
So you will probably get this for free because it will be 5 years before you get it lol.
Sponsored