First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord EXL, 2024 Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would like some advice on my order. Placed order on 08/04/2023 for Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid Oxford White, no extras. I used a small town dealer in Kentucky. Had no idea about allocations. I have not been scheduled yet but have been getting 45 day Ford emails on supply chain issues. Asked dealer today and learned their January 2024 allocations are used up. They have more orders to be scheduled but have no idea what allocations they will get in February. And they said it was unlikely I would get scheduled in the next two months due to supply chains and exceed deman constraints on hybrids. Another large Kentucky dealer has offered to accept a new order. An Iowa dealer will sell at MSRP but has no stock right now. A Kansas dealer has stock but sells at $2000 over MSRP for a cash deal. I am not in a rush but want to know my options. Should I place order at a larger dealer for better chance to get scheduled? Should I take the Kansas dealer stock offer at $2000 over MSRP (hate to do that)? Should I hold tight and wait? What are chances all the Lariat Hybrids will be produced in March, April and May?
Why would a dealer not know their allocations for the coming months? Does that mean a dealer has exhausted their allocations for coming months and is begging Ford for more allocations? Am I better off placing a new order with a larger dealer that is sure it has allocations? This allocations thing is so frustrating. Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Would like some advice on my order. Placed order on 08/04/2023 for Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid Oxford White, no extras. I used a small town dealer in Kentucky. Had no idea about allocations. I have not been scheduled yet but have been getting 45 day Ford emails on supply chain issues. Asked dealer today and learned their January 2024 allocations are used up. They have more orders to be scheduled but have no idea what allocations they will get in February. And they said it was unlikely I would get scheduled in the next two months due to supply chains and exceed deman constraints on hybrids. Another large Kentucky dealer has offered to accept a new order. An Iowa dealer will sell at MSRP but has no stock right now. A Kansas dealer has stock but sells at $2000 over MSRP for a cash deal. I am not in a rush but want to know my options. Should I place order at a larger dealer for better chance to get scheduled? Should I take the Kansas dealer stock offer at $2000 over MSRP (hate to do that)? Should I hold tight and wait? What are chances all the Lariat Hybrids will be produced in March, April and May?
Better idea if you are okay with buying in Kansas, Long McArthur has Lariat Hybrid in stock at MSRP.