Sponsored

Perhaps pressing the lock button on the FOB two times will prevent the hybrid from going into deep sleep mode.

OP
OP
MichaelG

MichaelG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are missing out on annoying the neighbors with a double honk on the truck to tell them you are home and the truck is now powered down so it will start again in the morning.
A double honk indicates one of the doors, hood or tailgate is not shut properly.
Sponsored

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think its the FORDPASS app-my HYB XLT was delivered March 22 and have NEVER gotten a deep sleep message AND I don't have the FORDPASS app so...not professing to know,just my experience
I have never had deep sleep mode and yet the truck has sat in the garage for three days while we drive the other car. I never lock the doors while the truck is in the garage. When we are out and about, I lock/unlock the doors via the door handles. Only occasionally do I use the fob to lock/unlock the vehicle.
We've had the truck for over a year. We do not have FordPass setup nor do we want/need it.
The truck is a 2022 Lariat hybrid with lux package and 360. Love this truck.
These are the reasons l am reluctant to have Ford Pass set up on my truck delivered three weeks ago and I do not get the clicking either. Do you?

jorl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav HYB XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
hey, I DO get the clicking sounds and my overhead dome lights SOMETIMES don't come on when entering vehicle but have never had a problem(with truck)
These are the reasons l am reluctant to have Ford Pass set up on my truck delivered three weeks ago and I do not get the clicking either. Do you?
or get DEEP SLEEP messages-ain't gonna "poke the bear"

Lightning

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are people not normally doing that? I just thought that was what you were supposed to do with the Maverick. After the first time I exited the vehicle and the lights stayed on, I hit the lock button twice and everything turns off.
I do this just because it's an audio confirmation my truck is locked say if I went inside my place already. Otherwise I'm paranoid I left it unlocked and I'll need to go out and check haha

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A double honk indicates one of the doors, hood or tailgate is not shut properly.
Pressing the lock button a second time will honk the horn. This is intentional as a means to help locate the vehicle without needing to press the panic alarm.

Arby47

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
57 Chevy, 59 Volvo PV544, E-Bike
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was getting the deep sleep alert on my 22 hybrid, had the recalls taken care of and wanted that issue looked at. They said my battery was fine and replaced the wire that was a possible cause of fires, which took 2 days. They also updated the firmware. Dealer said they do not know about the deep sleep and did not fix it. Delivered the truck to me, and the problem was gone. I do not drive the truck much, but weeks later drove the truck a few hundred miles in a week, and was fine. Parked for 2 days, and got the alert on FordPass that it was in deep sleep again..... wish we could get this resolved, because it is irritating to not have the dome lights come on at night. Owned 1.5 years and have 8000 miles on it. It is a Lariat with FE option. Had one major problem with the transmission that took a month to fix earlier this year.

OP
OP
MichaelG

MichaelG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My battery was replaced under warranty three days ago. I double press lock every single time and the horn honks since day one. Deep sleep mode this morning on a brand new battery so this double lock is just a coincidence in my opinion.
Yes, I agree. Sometimes I get the notice after only 20 minutes or so after parking the vehicle. Oh, well.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My hybrid Lariat fully loaded is going on 2 years old (Mar 9th will be 2 yrs) I don't drive that much, and sometimes not for several days. When I return from a trip, and pull into my garage, my truck will start clicking for a while, then stops. I will get a message on my phone that my truck is in sleep mode. When I get back in, it always starts, and everything turns back on. I carry a small jump box with me (under the back seat), but never had to use it. Has anyone ever had a problem starting their truck after being in sleep mode?

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have Ford Pass on my iPhone, and I have almost 40,000 miles on my hybrid and have never had a "deep sleep" notification? I always lock and unlock my truck with the key fob. The only time I double lock the truck is because I didn't 't actually hear the truck lock. And thanks to the earlier post, I now know why I've gotten the double beep on odd occasions.:sneaky: Actually it's startled me a few times when it does happen.

Sponsored

Arby47

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
57 Chevy, 59 Volvo PV544, E-Bike
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine has always started and runs fine, but certain lock options and light options are not there now. Drove it 30 miles yesterday, even used sport mode for a bit, and it is asleep again. BTW sport mode halved my mpg and brought out my 19 year past boy racer, now back to reality. Still wish it would default to eco mode, but that is another thread well discussed. Have an appt next week to have Ford look at it, say they are researching it now. I told them what was in this forum, just in case. Would love a new battery just as a starting point.

Taxman100

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think its the FORDPASS app-my HYB XLT was delivered March 22 and have NEVER gotten a deep sleep message AND I don't have the FORDPASS app so...not professing to know,just my experience
Yep - I deleted the app as I'm old school anyways. A couple of weeks ago, I went four days without driving the Maverick while I waited for the road salt to disappear.
On day four, while the interior light didnt come on when I opened the door, it did "start" immediately when I turned the key.
Sponsored