Akmaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick’s ck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Lariat has only 900 miles on it. Noticed the first chip on the hood edge around 300 miles. Then noticed the chips on the roof. There are 20 roof chips. The only thing I can think that may have caused the damage is running it through a brushless car wash. Nothing has been put on the roof of the vehicle. More chips appeared again after going through the brushless car wash. None of these chips are due to normal wear and tear or rock chips. Is anyone else experiencing this sort of problem? I put in a complaint to the company after the dealer said it was denied under warranty. I don't know what will come of it. If anyone else run into a issue with paint chipping, submit a complaint to the company. Otherwise they won't have any information to act upon for future claims.

Ford Maverick Paint Problem Mav1
Ford Maverick Paint Problem Mav2
Ford Maverick Paint Problem Mav3
Ford Maverick Paint Problem Mav6
Ford Maverick Paint Problem Mav7
Ford Maverick Paint Problem Mav12
Ford Maverick Paint Problem Mav14
Ford Maverick Paint Problem Mav19
Ford Maverick Paint Problem Mav20
Ford Maverick Paint Problem Mav21
Sponsored

robb01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Along the top of the hood looks to be polish burn, did they hit it with a buffer at the dealership?

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After looking at the videos and pics, most if not all, looks like external cause to paint damage.
You have a paint scratch on body AND bumper. This indicates external conditions.

I would reach out to your insurance company for an inspection and tell them this happened after taking it to the brushless car wash. Make sure you have the receipts from the car wash since it has dates and time.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After looking at the videos and pics, most if not all, looks like external cause to paint damage.
You have a paint scratch on body AND bumper. This indicates external conditions.

I would reach out to your insurance company for an inspection and tell them this happened after taking it to the brushless car wash. Make sure you have the receipts from the car wash since it has dates and time.
Was it totally brushless or did they have cloth strip that went over the vehicle. I don't like car washes and learned quickly to stay away from them. Bought a foam canon, quality pressure washer, and shampoo with zero ph and do it myself. My wash in includes a spray down, a foam application to let it sit for awhile and remove surface dirt, a spray and then a hand wash followed with another spray and towel or air dry. I suspect either the carwash could have done this especially if they used cloth strip ( a direct replacement for brushes in some touchless car washes) to clean the truck. The brushes are the worse but the cloth strip if they weren't properly lubed or had contamination on them could mess with your paint as well.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Geez, that's a lot of paint issues

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Lariat has only 900 miles on it. Noticed the first chip on the hood edge around 300 miles. Then noticed the chips on the roof. There are 20 roof chips. The only thing I can think that may have caused the damage is running it through a brushless car wash. Nothing has been put on the roof of the vehicle. More chips appeared again after going through the brushless car wash. None of these chips are due to normal wear and tear or rock chips. Is anyone else experiencing this sort of problem? I put in a complaint to the company after the dealer said it was denied under warranty. I don't know what will come of it. If anyone else run into a issue with paint chipping, submit a complaint to the company. Otherwise they won't have any information to act upon for future claims.

Mav1.jpg
Mav2.jpg
Mav3.jpg
Mav6.jpg
Mav7.jpg
Mav12.jpg
Mav14.jpg
Mav19.jpg
Mav20.jpg
Mav21.jpg
That is horrible....

OP
OP

Akmaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick’s ck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Yes, there are chips on body and bumper, but how do you explain external damages to the roof and to that extent? Or the hood on the edge by the wiper arm? Or on the door handle? Nothing has hit the roof other than a cotton towel and water blasted on it from a car wash. If the paint can't hold up to a car wash, I'm guessing it doesn't stand a chance from road dirt. If the paint job didn't have issues, maybe the chips to the bumper and body wouldn't have occurred. I haven't heard any rocks hitting the truck in the 900 miles I have driven it. I think we all know when we hear a rock hit.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Akmaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick’s ck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Was it totally brushless or did they have cloth strip that went over the vehicle. I don't like car washes and learned quickly to stay away from them. Bought a foam canon, quality pressure washer, and shampoo with zero ph and do it myself. My wash in includes a spray down, a foam application to let it sit for awhile and remove surface dirt, a spray and then a hand wash followed with another spray and towel or air dry. I suspect either the carwash could have done this especially if they used cloth strip ( a direct replacement for brushes in some touchless car washes) to clean the truck. The brushes are the worse but the cloth strip if they weren't properly lubed or had contamination on them could mess with your paint as well.
Totally bushless.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a puzzle, for sure. So many different panels and parts with damage suggest that either the whole truck was painted badly, or that something happened to it. Truly strange.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The other thing is they look deep. Some of those looks like it was keyed...

Sponsored

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The hood rear edge damage looks exactly like what we see when the wiper arms are lifted and then rub against that back edge - possible the high powered blow dryer made your wiper arms flutter up striking the hood.

Transplant

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There’s a number of scratches that are obvious scratches, you can see it start deep into the metal and carry through the paint for a couple inches. Paint rust was applied improperly or has surface condition issues doesn’t fail like that. The ones on the hood are obvious damage from the wipers which isn’t a warranty issue unfortunately. It’s a mess for sure but I deal with paint failures on aircraft on a regular basis and understanding that photos don’t always tell the whole story I can understand why this was rejected as a warranty claim. There’s just no reason to believe there’s a paint problem there.

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t think that’s an issue with the paint although I don’t doubt the paint they throw on these is of a low quality. But all those look like nicks and scratches caused by the car wash. The ones on the roof look like the brushes of the car wash hitting it while it’s moving thru the wash.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Except for the several obvious scratches, the rest of those indicate you have a major problem. How many of those were NOT caused by a car wash? Sorry Mr Ford, but this is not at all normal for a 900 mile vehicle.

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have hot pepper red, 3800 miles in, just a few hood very small chips. Paint is soft and doors ding easy. Product of a cheap truck I guess. Our 04 F150 had much better paint and looked nearly as good as day one 18 years later. Doubt I’ll ever be able to say that about Maverick, as much as I love it.
Sponsored