Sponsored

Ordered an Ecoboost AWD with 4k tow - truck goes into production - dealer didnt add the 4k tow

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
I have a signed build order with the dealer for Ecboost/AWD/4k tow - but since the truck went into production, and now has a window sticker, i can see now that they forget the 4k tow option.

Do I have any recourse on this?
Sponsored

TonyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seeing as I have over the years added trailer hitches to several different vehicles I own, I believe your best choice is to just ask the dealer to install it for you when it arrives and charge no more than what the factory would. Because you try to "correct" the order at this point it is certain to cause a lengthy delay.

My vehicle is scheduled to go into production next week. I am curious to see the window sticker on mine because the listed options that show do not list the drop in bed liner (which I ordered) . But various options exist for bedliners both factory and aftermarket so I am staying quiet as it's been 9 months and I don't want to do anything that makes it possibly longer. I might just take the common advice on the forum here and go purchase a horse stall matt and cut to fit.

OP
OP
austinzone

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
Seeing as I have over the years added trailer hitches to several different vehicles I own, I believe your best choice is to just ask the dealer to install it for you when it arrives and charge no more than what the factory would. Because you try to "correct" the order at this point it is certain to cause a lengthy delay.
Apparently you dont know what the 4k tow package includes.

TonyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes....now that you jog the memory I believe the 4K tow package includes different final drive gear ratio and some additional cooling. Maybe the transmission? I only ordered the $150 setup since I was getting the hybrid.

That might indeed be hard for the dealer to replicate. The final drive ratio anyway. I would think they could add a transmission cooler. Even a heavy duty radiator if that was part of 4K tow package. But gear sets are a specialized thing. Not a lot of people that do that.

If you contact the dealer or Ford and ask them to add the 4K tow package to your build it is sure to cause a delay. So you are in a dilemma. I would still start by asking the dealer what they could do there after delivery. Good luck.

Revengeman01

First Name
Revenge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Do you get a DORA? If you got the DORA, all ordered options should be listed on this document. If you waited until production to check your DORA and then found out the 4K Tow was missing, then sorry. Purchase, Sell and Order again. It would cost you Thousands to add the 4K Tow after the fact.
Your DORA is your "Order" receipt and you have options to change/add options up until your order is pulled for scheduling.

If the 4K Tow "is on" your DORA, then it will be installed on your truck OR Ford will owe you another vehicle.

I can't tell you How Many Times people have posted on this site and don't even know what a DORA is and how important that one document is - Crazy!

Sponsored

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you have a VIN and in production there's no way to add the 4k nor dealer installed later since it doesn't exist as an add on. If you need 4k I would look for another Maverick now or drive this one and order a 23 in Aug. Prolly not great options but if you wait for a 23 you can probably sell your non 4k for a profit. Talk to your dealer and see if they can be of assistance getting what you want.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you get a DORA? If you got the DORA, all ordered options should be listed on this document. If you waited until production to check your DORA and then found out the 4K Tow was missing, then sorry. Purchase, Sell and Order again. It would cost you Thousands to add the 4K Tow after the fact.
Your DORA is your "Order" receipt and you have options to change/add options up until your order is pulled for scheduling.

If the 4K Tow "is on" your DORA, then it will be installed on your truck OR Ford will owe you another vehicle.

I can't tell you How Many Times people have posted on this site and don't even know what a DORA is and how important that one document is - Crazy!
I would go as far as saying the DORA (aka Preview Order) is as important as the co-signed buyer's order.

Apparently the OP knows more about the 4k tow package than the DORA for the truck.

Using the OP's imagery, Rooster should have listened to his partner Payback because that's what happens when you don't QA your documents. The 10-1-21 DORA is more than eight months old.

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

So where,when,how do we get this DORA?

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a signed build order with the dealer for Ecboost/AWD/4k tow - but since the truck went into production, and now has a window sticker, i can see now that they forget the 4k tow option.

Do I have any recourse on this?
This was the only option given to me when I had the same thing happen.

Ford Maverick Ordered an Ecoboost AWD with 4k tow - truck goes into production - dealer didnt add the 4k tow E1D33B07-7ED1-45F1-A0BE-833D519C5AD7

Problem solved!

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
@thevol
So where,when,how do we get this DORA?
When you go to the dealer to finalize your order is when you should get it.
The online "order" on Fords website is really just submitted to the dealer you choose. Once that gets sent to the dealer they will contact you and have you come in to finalize the deal. This has to happen this way because franchise laws in most states do not allow people to buy directly from automobile manufacturers.

Anyway, once you go down to the dealer they have you sign a form aka a DORA and lists the trim level(XL, XLT, Lariat)and all the options you want on your truck.

It looks similar to this but some dealerships might have a variation of it. Here is a pic on mine for reference.

Ford Maverick Ordered an Ecoboost AWD with 4k tow - truck goes into production - dealer didnt add the 4k tow 8-16-2021 DORA

OP
OP
austinzone

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@thevol

When you go to the dealer to finalize your order is when you should get it.
The online "order" on Fords website is really just submitted to the dealer you choose. Once that gets sent to the dealer they will contact you and have you come in to finalize the deal. This has to happen this way because franchise laws in most states do not allow people to buy directly from automobile manufacturers.

Anyway, once you go down to the dealer they have you sign a form aka a DORA and lists the trim level(XL, XLT, Lariat)and all the options you want on your truck.

It looks similar to this but some dealerships might have a variation of it. Here is a pic on mine for reference.

8-16-2021 DORA.jpg
So I did get this - is this DORA?

Ford Maverick Ordered an Ecoboost AWD with 4k tow - truck goes into production - dealer didnt add the 4k tow 1654670347385

If so - what leverage do I get on the dealer?

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Yes that is it. Can you post a pic the window sticker as well? I mean I don't know what kind of leverage that gives you against the dealer. You would have to talk to an attorney about that.

Mistakes happen all the time it just sucks that they messed up your order........:(

Last edited:

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Aside from getting a printout from the dealer when you place your order, you should get a confirmation email from Ford. That email will also show details of your order.

Some people say they never received anything from Ford, I'm guessing the dealer never got their email address or never submitted it, or submitted it incorrectly.

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I did get this - is this DORA?

1654670347385.png

If so - what leverage do I get on the dealer?
It is not signed. From what I have read and heard, if the dealer and you did not sign it, it is not binding…
Sponsored