Sponsored

coolhip33

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FWD w/tow pkg
I hope you won't be disappointed but what your dealer told you isn't true. You can contact Ford Marketing at 1-800-334-4375 for verification.
Hi rlc3854 -

UPDATE: We were just notified the following alert popped up on our order
Informational Message

Alert: M -M023 -HOLD 4K Max Tow Not Available with FWD. AWD Required :mad:

I won't be disappointed. The marketing department confirmed what my dealer told me. Spoke with Nakota and she confirmed that are no directives/notices in the system that advise that any orders placed prior to August 19th must be changed to AWD.

I advise anyone that was contacted by their dealer and told that they had to change their order and purchase AWD to contact Ford customer service or the marketing department and change their order back if that is what they really want. It is on "late availability" so if you can wait, call Ford.
Sponsored

Last edited:

rlc3854

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi rlc3854 -

I won't be disappointed. The marketing department confirmed what my dealer told me. Spoke with Nakota and she confirmed that are no directives/notices in the system that advise that any orders placed prior to August 19th must be changed to AWD.

I advise anyone that was contacted by their dealer and told that they had to change their order and purchase AWD to contact Ford customer service or the marketing department and change their order back if that is what they really want. It is on "late availability" so if you can wait, call Ford.
Wow that is great news.

tcw8848

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From everything I have been told from dealers and Ford, FWD w/4k tow models will not be built. I had to change to AWD as well.

Anyways, the real reason I am posting is in regards to the original build date. I ended up getting switched to 10/25 from 9/20. So, if you are forced to switch, keeping original build date doesn't look all that great.

coolhip33

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FWD w/tow pkg
From everything I have been told from dealers and Ford, FWD w/4k tow models will not be built. I had to change to AWD as well.

Anyways, the real reason I am posting is in regards to the original build date. I ended up getting switched to 10/25 from 9/20. So, if you are forced to switch, keeping original build date doesn't look all that great.
UPDATE: We were just notified the following alert popped up on our order
Informational Message

Alert: M -M023 -HOLD 4K Max Tow Not Available with FWD. AWD Required :mad:

I'm curious if you received anything in writing from the Ford Corporation that stated you had to change your specific order?

Last edited:

coolhip33

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FWD w/tow pkg

Well! The squeaky wheel gets greased!

Was just informed that Ford is going to pay for the AWD upgrade on our order. WOO HOO!!!

Sponsored

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now I've gotten a call from my salesman saying that 4k towing is not available with the FWD. He said my options were to drop the tow package or to add the AWD. I took option 3. Guess I'm out of the club. Take care, fellas.
David, are you still on Rhys site? Ford is giving AWD at no cost!

DavidS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Forte
David, are you still on Rhys site? Ford is giving AWD at no cost!
Hey Terry, I check it every so often after I get a bunch of emails telling me I've got notifications. I went ahead and ordered a 2022 Colorado on September 6. It was built last week and the dealership is expecting delivery tomorrow. I spent more than I was initially looking to spend, but I think it was the right move. It will hold it's value well and can do far more than the Maverick. If I was only looking for a small truck to replace my car, I would've given the hybrid Maverick a whirl at that low price point. But I'm wanting something a little more capable: something that can tow a small travel trailer, go off-road onto my acreage, take fire roads, etc. I won't rule out the Maverick for a future commuter car, though.

willyboy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
several
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well! The squeaky wheel gets greased!

Was just informed that Ford is going to pay for the AWD upgrade on our order. WOO HOO!!!
BTW. Thank you for the tip. As soon as I read your post I inquired. Sounds like I may get it as well. We'll see.

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Terry, I check it every so often after I get a bunch of emails telling me I've got notifications. I went ahead and ordered a 2022 Colorado on September 6. It was built last week and the dealership is expecting delivery tomorrow. I spent more than I was initially looking to spend, but I think it was the right move. It will hold it's value well and can do far more than the Maverick. If I was only looking for a small truck to replace my car, I would've given the hybrid Maverick a whirl at that low price point. But I'm wanting something a little more capable: something that can tow a small travel trailer, go off-road onto my acreage, take fire roads, etc. I won't rule out the Maverick for a future commuter car, though.
My Maverick is scheduled to be built tomorrow! Expected delivery at or right before Thanksgiving week if all goes right.
Want to meet after delivery so we can see each other’s trucks?

DavidS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Forte
My Maverick is scheduled to be built tomorrow! Expected delivery at or right before Thanksgiving week if all goes right.
Want to meet after delivery so we can see each other’s trucks?
Sure, I've already got my Colorado. I love it. I still have a lot of love for Fords, but I'm quite happy with my Chevy.
Sponsored