Sponsored

Ordered an Ecoboost AWD with 4k tow - truck goes into production - dealer didnt add the 4k tow

OP
OP
austinzone

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is not signed. From what I have read and heard, if the dealer and you did not sign it, it is not binding…
i signed it and sent it to them - i photoshopped out my personnel info
Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Can you post a pic of the Window Sticker?

FATONY1121

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes....now that you jog the memory I believe the 4K tow package includes different final drive gear ratio and some additional cooling. Maybe the transmission? I only ordered the $150 setup since I was getting the hybrid.

That might indeed be hard for the dealer to replicate. The final drive ratio anyway. I would think they could add a transmission cooler. Even a heavy duty radiator if that was part of 4K tow package. But gear sets are a specialized thing. Not a lot of people that do that.

If you contact the dealer or Ford and ask them to add the 4K tow package to your build it is sure to cause a delay. So you are in a dilemma. I would still start by asking the dealer what they could do there after delivery. Good luck.

The 4k tow package also allow you to tow 4k (4000lbs) as opposed to 2000lbs. Just adding a hitch would not change the tow capacity.
Sponsored