Sponsored

Conflicting information from the dealership, FWD with 4k tow

JLandolfi1979

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Impreza, 07 Forester, 13 WRX
I have an order, place 7/3/21, for an EcoBoost FWD with 4k tow package. I started calling the dealership early September stating I had read that truck wasn't being made and what needed to be done. The dealership said I was wrong and it was being made but was just going to take a bit. Called a week later and received the same reply. After several calls I finally spoke with someone this weekend who admitted that the configuration I had ordered was not being made but only after I sent them the bulletin from Ford stating the same. I asked about the AWD upgrade being covered by Ford and the dealers said I would have to call and "fight it out with Ford". When I said that I was upset that I had brought this to the dealers attention for 6 weeks and they are just now acknowledging it I was told that there is no markup on these pre-orders and I could just cancel it.
I am looking for some advice regarding changing the order. Has anyone had any luck having Ford cover the AWD or should I just say screw it and remove the 4k tow? Any insight would be appreciated
Sponsored

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your dealer is a moron. You will either need to drop the 4K package or upgrade to AWD. Ford has stated that they will rebate the upgrade cost for existing orders, so I would go that way. Call 1-800-334-4375 (Ford Maverick team). Have your dealer and order code ready. If you don't have that information, go into your dealer and insist they call Ford for guidance.

OP
OP

JLandolfi1979

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the information. That is what I told the dealer, that Ford will cover it, and they told me there is no guarantee and I would have to fight that out with Ford. I have my order number, 4 digit number from the dealer, but not the rest of the information. I will call the 800 number and see if I can get someone.
Your dealer is a moron. You will either need to drop the 4K package or upgrade to AWD. Ford has stated that they will rebate the upgrade cost for existing orders, so I would go that way. Call 1-800-334-4375 (Ford Maverick team). Have your dealer and order code ready. If you don't have that information, go into your dealer and insist they call Ford for guidance.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's the real question? Can he even still get the 4k package since Ford has stopped offering it on remaining 2022 builds.

OP
OP

JLandolfi1979

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I read that this weekend as well. I almost don't even want the truck now with all of the headaches I have had with this dealership. I have been on hold with Ford since posting hoping for some clarification
Here's the real question? Can he even still get the 4k package since Ford has stopped offering it on remaining 2022 builds.

Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I read that this weekend as well. I almost don't even want the truck now with all of the headaches I have had with this dealership. I have been on hold with Ford since posting hoping for some clarification
Yeah sounds like you picked a bad dealership to work with. If Ford really wants to move to a build to order sales model, they are really going to have to do something about these dealerships.

OP
OP

JLandolfi1979

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree. The first dealership I dealt with wouldn't call me back to schedule a time to place the order so I went with the next closest dealership. I received a case number from Ford assuring me they were covering the upgrade and that the dealership should have rectified this, not me. We will see how it goes

teamsauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
I agree. The first dealership I dealt with wouldn't call me back to schedule a time to place the order so I went with the next closest dealership. I received a case number from Ford assuring me they were covering the upgrade and that the dealership should have rectified this, not me. We will see how it goes
You will need to change your order to AWD. Do not cancel and reorder. From what I've been told by my dealer is that the system Ford uses is pretty good about this and will see that the order had previously been placed with FWD/4K and was changed to AWD/4K and will propagate the appropriate offer/rebate when you pick up the truck. I'll quote a small snippet from my correspondence wtih Courtesy Ford here in Portland, OR.

Ford Maverick Conflicting information from the dealership, FWD with 4k tow 1635181965224

OP
OP

JLandolfi1979

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Figured I would update the post with the most recent events. I called the dealership Monday after getting a case number from Ford
The salesperson said he would upgrade it to AWD but never got an email to confirm the change or my original paperwork as requested. Called them today and the person in charge of ordering all of the Mavericks for this dealer said he never heard of any such upgrade and my order was still FWD. He changed it to AWD and it wouldn't process because, as suspected, they are no longer making the tow package for this model year. He said my options would be to remove the tow and get FWD or remove the tow and pay to get AWD. I now need to call Ford again on Monday to see what I my options are. I called the dealer four times, first on 9/25, to check on my configuration and they kept saying they never heard of it not being made. They even tried that again today. They dropped the ball repeatedly and now I am likely out of a truck

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Figured I would update the post with the most recent events. I called the dealership Monday after getting a case number from Ford
The salesperson said he would upgrade it to AWD but never got an email to confirm the change or my original paperwork as requested. Called them today and the person in charge of ordering all of the Mavericks for this dealer said he never heard of any such upgrade and my order was still FWD. He changed it to AWD and it wouldn't process because, as suspected, they are no longer making the tow package for this model year. He said my options would be to remove the tow and get FWD or remove the tow and pay to get AWD. I now need to call Ford again on Monday to see what I my options are. I called the dealer four times, first on 9/25, to check on my configuration and they kept saying they never heard of it not being made. They even tried that again today. They dropped the ball repeatedly and now I am likely out of a truck
Regarding the AWD and 4k tow package, watch this video at 15:15, it explains how to work around the glitch in the system.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Sorry to hear your dealer wasn't the best in regards to this situation. I had the same option when I originally ordered my Mav but on 8/16 changed it to AWD.

As far as the free upgrade goes there is HUGE thread on the forum about it. It's worth reading through but keep in mind there are a lot of members complaining who originally ordered it AWD so you have to sift through the BS.

Here's the link
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ancelled-fwd-2-0l-4k-tow-package-orders.2423/

OP
OP

JLandolfi1979

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford has not called me back and the dealership will not return my calls or emails. I am going to give it another week and then cancel the order.
Sponsored