First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone out there know why Ford stopped scheduling builds? Is Mexico on holiday for a month? Has Ford determined they need to implement some fixes for electrical issues? Has the chip shortage all of a sudden gotten a lot worse or are they simply redirecting available resources to more profitable models?
The Hermosillo plant is shut down the weeks of 7/11 & 7/18 (likely for equipment maintenance), so no Mavs or Bronco Sports will be produced in that timeframe. This explains both the low production target (2800) for July, as well as the recent lack of scheduling.
Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if Ford realizes how badly their botched prediction of demand is hurting them now...
Since Ford canā€™t keep up with demand, can you explain how badly they are hurting? Does not compute. They sell every single one they can build and have a significant backlog. Iā€™d say they are far from ā€œhurtingā€.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
The Hermosillo plant is shut down the weeks of 7/11 & 7/18 (likely for equipment maintenance), so no Mavs or Bronco Sports will be produced in that timeframe. This explains both the low production target (2800) for July, as well as the recent lack of scheduling.
Yes I remember this but it seems that hasn't been scheduling at all for 3-4 weeks now. It seems painfully obvious that there will be many thousands of orders rolled over into 2023 which, IF they are produced first, means any genuinely new orders will not get made until we are actually IN 2023 most likely.

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not to rain on your parade, but "in order processing" is the status they go into as soon as the order is entered in the system. Anyone who is unscheduled is basically "in order processing". šŸ˜¢

They provided me with this info : "I was able to check and it looks like your vehicle currently is not yet assigned a VIN. However, it has been given the clear to start production when the next production week becomes available"

Is this any better?

Sponsored

PCL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline (stopped waiting on Maverick)
Since Ford canā€™t keep up with demand, can you explain how badly they are hurting? Does not compute. They sell every single one they can build and have a significant backlog. Iā€™d say they are far from ā€œhurtingā€.
So we agree that if they'd properly gauged demand, they could make and sell twice as many every month? I'm under the impression they're in the business to make money. Easy, missed opportunities for profit are something that absolutely keeps management awake at night, especially when that easy sale goes to their competition. Backlogs are only healthy until, again, the delay becomes so onerous it shifts your customers to your competition.

LoveMyTaters

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick CHR. Corolla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just a basic with hitch is all I ordered......dealer did not have many orders

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They provided me with this info : "I was able to check and it looks like your vehicle currently is not yet assigned a VIN. However, it has been given the clear to start production when the next production week becomes available"

Is this any better?
Not really. Most folks get a production week within a week (or a few weeks) of getting their VIN. Getting that VIN is really the only thing that shows any forward movement beyond the default "In Order Processing" state.

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
So we agree that if they'd properly gauged demand, they could make and sell twice as many every month? I'm under the impression they're in the business to make money. Easy, missed opportunities for profit are something that absolutely keeps management awake at night, especially when that easy sale goes to their competition. Backlogs are only healthy until, again, the delay becomes so onerous it shifts your customers to your competition.
The continuing customer service disaster will haunt them for at least the next 40 years.

OP
OP

Mrkosmoo2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Trim
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a 2 week plant shutdown in July - apparently for maintenance and retooling that can't be done while the line is active. Hopefully they can also catch up on the supply of parts needed.
I wouldn't be surprised if they make some fixes based on issues showing up in the earlier Mavericks that were built. At least I'll tell myself that, and that's why I'm waiting a year + for this truck lol

Sponsored

pistons pissing

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 toyota camry
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just received an email from Ford. Build week changing again. Started at 6/13 and now itā€™s 6/27.

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
Just received an email from Ford. Build week changing again. Started at 6/13 and now itā€™s 6/27.
Gotta build a couple more profitable vehicles with them chips. Sorry, Iā€™m sure you understand.
Forever Ford

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Texted dealer today for update and they replied build date moved from week of July 25 to week of August 8. Ordered Oct 28; hybrid, xl, cp360, hitch, A51

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 4K VB, 2022 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congratulations you have a date :). Not scheduled yet but priority 02 xlt hybrid, hitch, sibl, gray