Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Oh yeah!

Class Action baby!

Gonna need a parts list and software update requirement options to get the temp on the dial back or class action lawsuit- Thx
Sponsored

Dochatley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, 2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wonder if I can take the digital readout knob out of my 2014 Fiesta and put it in the Maverick...
FORD…. This is so sad. A 2014 Fiesta (no offense) has digital readout knobs but you can’t put them in a new 2022 model. Ford is like, “we are going to get your Maverick built but we can’t guarantee what features it will have even though you were promised them and some of the others have them”. Pretty soon it probably won’t come with seats, windshield wipers, side mirrors……

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you don't get the knobs with the display you can always search on eBay for one or buy one directly from Ford. The same control is used on the Bronco Sport and Escape. Several guys in the Bronco Sport forum have done this and it does work, I've kind of proved that with my Maverick.
I'd absolutely do this, and glad to hear it's doable with a hardware swap, but assuming that knob is more than a few bucks, I'm miffed that 2 people ordered the same Mav on the same day, and one who takes delivery after April needs to buy an additional part when they originally purchased the same truck.

I'm also tired of waiting and just finding things to be miffed about.

EDIT: SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS?!?!?

Source

Dochatley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, 2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd absolutely do this, and glad to hear it's doable with a hardware swap, but assuming that knob is more than a few bucks, I'm miffed that 2 people ordered the same Mav on the same day, and one who takes delivery after April needs to buy an additional part when they originally purchased the same truck.

Source
More profits for Ford.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Its locked in the corners- 24/7-365
Thank you for this answer. Isn't one of the essential features of dual-zone climate control actually in displaying both temps - driver and passenger - constantly? As long as this is there, I'm OK with it (no choice) but the dials just look stupid only showing a thermometer. Good thing they left the blue and red on it so we don't get confused with which way to turn the knobs. LOL.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for this answer. Isn't one of the essential features of dual-zone climate control actually in displaying both temps - driver and passenger - constantly? As long as this is there, I'm OK with it (no choice) but the dials just look stupid only showing a thermometer. Good thing they left the blue and red on it so we don't get confused with which way to turn the knobs. LOL.
I thought that thermometer was a cross or something all weekend. Its stupid-The dual temps are locked in the corners I get it but now its a bit confusing as to what the outside temps vs inside control temp indicator.

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow, I'm happy mine got build in March.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I thought that thermometer was a cross or something all weekend. Its stupid-The dual temps are locked in the corners I get it but now its a bit confusing as to what the outside temps vs inside control temp indicator.
Just another wonder of Ford's designs - just like the OEM mud flaps that eat away at the paint underneath them. I'm fixing that design flaw as well today.

HS DAN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux - received 10/28/2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered my Hybrid Oct 2021, so obviously I don't have it yet. Shortly after ordering, I downloaded the manual, and it DOES NOT SHOW any digital display at all on the temp control knobs, for either regular or dual zone climate control!

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered my Hybrid Oct 2021, so obviously I don't have it yet. Shortly after ordering, I downloaded the manual, and it DOES NOT SHOW any digital display at all on the temp control knobs, for either regular or dual zone climate control!
Does it look like this?
"Depending on your vehicle options, the
controls could look different than what you
see here."

Ford Maverick No more temp read out on dial? MavClimate

Sponsored

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Source
If you search on eBay you can find them for around $100. LHQ the giant auto scrapyard always has a few. I thought about doing it for my wife's Bronco Sport but it doesn't really matter to her, you don't miss what you never had I guess. I've got a '22 Bronco Badlands on order (probably will turn into a '23) and it will not have them either, I plan to find an earlier one with the display whenever I get it.

I think it's a combination of supply chain and saving a couple of bucks, Ford said it's easier to source them without the display.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are wrong as the owner's manual clearly shows the digital LCD screen for both the Dual and Single Automatic Temperature Controls:

Ford Maverick No more temp read out on dial? Dual Automatic Temperature Control.JPG

Ford Maverick No more temp read out on dial? Single Automatic Temperature Control.JPG

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, just for fun on my ride home, I switched my truck's settings to Celsius and the decimal place appeared on the climate control knobs
Confirmed!

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In 40-50 years, this will become one of those quirks a car restoration shop will point out in an episode of one of those shows on the Motortrend channel...

"You see...back then during this truck's first year of production the country was in the middle of a pandemic which caused all sorts of supply chain issues - I was too young then, but my father told me stories about COVID-19. So it's little known, but the models made towards the second half of that model year's production run did not have digital temperature displays on the dial as a way to get these trucks into customers' hands sooner. We did some researching and judging by the VIN, this truck was produced in March of 2022 which means it should have a digital temperature display on the dial. I'll have Al, our shop manager, call around to see if he can find the correct part so we can make this customer's truck original as possible."

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For those interested in doing the swap, realize the re-circulate button has a Maverick graphic.
If you get a Bronco part, it has a Bronco graphic.
I believe the Escape is the same; has an Escape graphic.
You have to live the wrong graphic or get one from a wrecked Maverick; and none of us wish to see a wrecked Maverick.
Sponsored