First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did some searching but didn’t really find what my issue is to compare.
I have 1800 miles on the truck now.
800 miles started to notice the shutter as mentioned many of times on this forum.
1200 miles started to notice the rattle sound when the ice motor shuts off.
now 1800 miles I took the trip for another 1hr and a half drive. Usually when mtruck Warms up to the 4th bar on the coolant it stays there while operating. On Sunday halfway through our drive it dropped to 3 bars. Then on the entire drive home it never went above 3 bars. Today and yesterday noticed it again. Anyone else have an issue similar? Is this an issue? Usually my previous cars warmed up and stayed at one coolant temp.

Ford Maverick Coolant temp not going up? IMG_1695
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
800 miles started to notice the shutter as mentioned many of times on this forum.
now 1800 miles I took the trip for another 1hr and a half drive. Usually when mtruck Warms up to the 4th bar on the coolant it stays there while operating. On Sunday halfway through our drive it dropped to 3 bars. Then on the entire drive home it never went above 3 bars. Today and yesterday noticed it again. Anyone else have an issue similar? Is this an issue? Usually my previous cars warmed up and stayed at one coolant temp.

IMG_1695.jpeg

[/QUOTE

IMG_1695.jpeg
@GPSMan has taken temp readings and possibly can answer for certain. I would expect your temp is most likely close to the point a new temp range bar is displayed.

OP
OP
Bobbydontchaknow

Bobbydontchaknow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMG_1695.jpeg

[/QUOTE]

Ok. Nevermind it went up to 4 bars this time while I let it sit running with the AC on when I picked my son up from day care.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have the XLT with needle gauge.

It goes up and down. Down quickly if you are in EV mode and taking any heat to the cabin vents.

The needle is pretty linear between 100°F and 180°F.

It does not move at all below 100, maybe 110°F. Then once it hits 180°F it does not move at all up to at least 215°F. I've never had mine above 215°F.

To get to 215°F I was towing, uphill, on a 96°F day.

Normally the truck is never above 190°F. With 180 to 185 being typical. So the thermostat is probably a 180 or 185.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just a feature of not using the engine lol.

During winter with my previous hybrid Escape the engine would cut on just to maintain the bottom bar operating temp. When you aren't using the engine, it will cool off. Nothing abnormal about that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bobbydontchaknow

Bobbydontchaknow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just a feature of not using the engine lol.

During winter with my previous hybrid Escape the engine would cut on just to maintain the bottom bar operating temp. When you aren't using the engine, it will cool off. Nothing abnormal about that.
Yes I would agree. However an hour on the highway using the ice engine and the temp going down was cause for alarm but I see that these hybrids have a mind of their own. Not used to it

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes I would agree. However an hour on the highway using the ice engine and the temp going down was cause for alarm but I see that these hybrids have a mind of their own. Not used to it
Lol if it makes you feel any better, EBs have a mind of their own too. Pretty much every vehicle does now days.

I overlooked the part about it doing it on the highway so I apologize. I don't want to offend any hybrid owners here but I think my opinion on these engines is well known already. Some have taken it very personal. I wasn't happy with mine in an Escape Hybrid and if I had the noise and shutter I'd be more than concerned. I wouldn't trust it at all. But, on a positive note, I had pretty much the same experience with the guage and it never concerned me.

But the guage is not the best tool to monitor actual operating temps. Do you have something like BlueDriver? I'd invest in one if you do not so you can monitor any odd changes while driving.
Sponsored