bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm always shocked how mad people are when Ford doesn't do scheduling. Because production continues uninterrupted, and whether you get told this week or next does it matter when the build date would be the same?

SMH
I’m not sure what there is not to understand. Some people don’t have vehicles at all. Some people have vehicles that are on their last leg and need to upgrade now. Some people get in accidents and need a new vehicle.
Some people have a life event and need to upgrade to something bigger. Hybrids were also 2x over ordered so many will not get one at all.

How doesn’t knowing whether you will even get one this model year “not matter”?
Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
this afternoon it is not even recognizing my Order Number and VIN as valid.
Mine is doing the same. Seems like another database error.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’m not sure what there is not to understand. Some people don’t have vehicles at all. Some people have vehicles that are on their last leg and need to upgrade now. Some people get in accidents and need a new vehicle.
Some people have a life event and need to upgrade to something bigger. Hybrids were also 2x over ordered so many will not get one at all.

Because knowing now vs. knowing a week from now for something that wouldn't come any faster either way doesn't seem to make a real difference.

Production continues, and builds ares scheduled out for more than the next month. People seem to think Ford is somehow purposefully fucking around, and not just, like, trying to figure out what they can and can't build based on available parts and supplies.

javaguy89

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford is making more Mavericks for the US than Rangers. They're building significantly more than Hyundai builds Santa Cruzes, and Hyundai considers the Santa Cruz a massive success.

It's literally the opposite of a failure. Scaling industry up to meet higher demand is expensive and risky. It takes time, but Ford is doing it. Does it suck that it takes forever to get one? Yes. I waited 504 days to get mine. Could they be doing better with communication? Also yes. From a personal perspective it can very much suck.

But from a business perspective? Ford is doing very well.
You are so lucky you got yours after 504 days. It has been 537 days for me. It seems like these are all easy things for you to say because you got your truck.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You are so lucky you got yours after 504 days. It has been 537 days for me. It seems like these are all easy things for you to say because you got your truck.
I was saying that Ford wasn't failing as a business, not that it doesn't suck to not get your truck.

Yikes on bikes my guy.

Sponsored

MiMav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Escape, '09 Flex
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I agree with your comments since I can relate to most of them. I have one vehicle that needs work, but I plan on getting rid of it if/when I get the Mav, so I don't want to put any more money into it. My 2nd vehicle got hit by some distracted moron, and I need something that has more towing capability. I thought that my XLT EB order would be a relatively quick build since it's reportedly the highest volume with low order numbers. As has been stated many times, the problem is the lack of information from Ford that prevents being able to make plans to work around your personal situation. I would be happy if Ford could give me a 1 month window for the build. They've had 6 months since my order to plan, and I don't think it's asking too much to get some information.

Some say they can't predict component shortages, but if they are confident enough to add a 3rd shift, I would say they are confident about component supplies.

bc22

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was saying that Ford wasn't failing as a business, not that it doesn't suck to not get your truck.

Yikes on bikes my guy.
It's not failing, true. But it's also not excelling either: ""We should have done much better last year," Ford CEO Jim Farley said. "We left about $2 billion in profits on the table that were within our control, and we’re going to correct that with improved execution and performance.""

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Over 500 days here and no word, no idea, not scheduled nor a VIN either. This experience has been so bad. I'm beginning to think Ford may be on a death spiral.

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Because knowing now vs. knowing a week from now for something that wouldn't come any faster either way doesn't seem to make a real difference.

Production continues, and builds ares scheduled out for more than the next month. People seem to think Ford is somehow purposefully fucking around, and not just, like, trying to figure out what they can and can't build based on available parts and supplies.
Huh? Again, almost half of all hybrid orders will not even be fulfilled this model year AT ALL.

how is someone in one of the situations I mentioned not to be interested in if they will be scheduled at all this year? You’d have 50% of these ppl waiting for nothing? Some ppl cannot and all I was doing was explaining the reasoning behind wanted to know if/when you are scheduled.

JimmyH

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT; 2023 Kia Sorento EX Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rather get ranger or frontier if could get maverick to be honest or WT colorado same money basically
I have yet to see any of those vehicles with 4wd for the same money. Believe me, I’ve been checking my options. If you find a sweet deal like that, please, send it my way. Maybe if you’re talking about a Lariat Lux AWD with all the options being changed out for a base model XL Ranger. But that’s not apples to apples. Also doesn’t apply to me and my XL Maverick order. I’m cheap. ;)

Sponsored

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Huh? Again, almost half of all hybrid orders will not even be fulfilled this model year AT ALL.

how is someone in one of the situations I mentioned not to be interested in if they will be scheduled at all this year? You’d have 50% of these ppl waiting for nothing? Some ppl cannot and all I was doing was explaining the reasoning behind wanted to know if/when you are scheduled.
Which is a reason to be stressed if we were at the end of the build year.

Which we aren't.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

In regards to when you’re notified I agree. The frustration is related to dealer allocations, not supply constraints.

Those with 2022 converted orders should be built first and to hell with dealer allocations until you get all those orders built.

Last edited:

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Those with 2022 converted orders should be built first and to hell with dealer allocations until you get all those orders built.
Full agree on that.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FWIW, Tim said on his livestream that Maverick will schedule next week for May.

Fibrepunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Yikes on bikes my guy.
They are failing, as people are getting upset. Upset customers = none returning customers.

Seriously now, if Toyota has a compact truck with similar specs and price, I would jump ship and switch over to Toyota right way. My 480+ days wait is long enough and still no scheduled build, I am sure that it will be at least 500+ days before I get the Mav I ordered back in 2021.

With the wait that I am currently going through and no scheduled build, I can assure that I will never again look at another Ford after this ordeal. If you are saying that this isn't a failing business approach, I am not sure is what is when a buyer who will never again look at another Ford.

Note: I am on schedule to buy 3 new vehicles within the next couple years. I am very sure now that the other 2 will not be a Ford.
Sponsored