Sponsored

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
I mean, can't Ford technically schedule on Thursday, just auto send out the e-mails. 7/7 hybrid with nothing but floor mats and still no production date. Ordered from a small town dealer in Iowa and am starting to think the allocation system is giving deference to large dealers.
I ordered through the largest dealer in my state Sept. 1st. Complete silence from Ford.

CSMH

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
My last email from Ford informed me that my production was moved from the week of the 15th to the week of the 22nd. This was two weeks ago. Now Ford says no production next week because of Thanksgiving. They just made this decision and this was not on the table when they sent me my email two weeks ago? Ok let say for a minute I believe that. Why so much drama. The process is simple. Ford announced this new vehicle. People ordered the vehicle. Ford makes the vehicle. People purchase and drive the vehicle. Everybody is happy. Not sure what I am missing. One thing I know for sure is I know way to much about how Ford does business and the relationship they have with dealers and customers. What I do not understand is how they have been able to stay in business all these years with this business model.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My last email from Ford informed me that my production was moved from the week of the 15th to the week of the 22nd. This was two weeks ago. Now Ford says no production next week because of Thanksgiving. They just made this decision and this was not on the table when they sent me my email two weeks ago? Ok let say for a minute I believe that. Why so much drama. The process is simple. Ford announced this new vehicle. People ordered the vehicle. Ford makes the vehicle. People purchase and drive the vehicle. Everybody is happy. Not sure what I am missing. One thing I know for sure is I know way to much about how Ford does business and the relationship they have with dealers and customers. What I do not understand is how they have been able to stay in business all these years with this business model.
No scheduling next week. There will still be some production, as I understand it.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Ford Maverick No Maverick Scheduling Next Week (11/22) 5913D4A0-54CD-438A-8C4F-8E397CBA5B59

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My last email from Ford also stated build the week of 11/22. Because of the lack of emails from Ford I have the dealer email me a snapshot of the "Vehicle Visibility" report on Saturday's because Ford updates this form on Friday's.

I would contact your dealer tomorrow and have them send you a snapshot of the "Vehicle Visibility" with the complete history shown.

Entry on 10/29 Scheduled to Week (Week-of 11/22/2021)

This was followed by:

Entry on 11/05 Scheduled to Day (Nov-28-2021)

then

Entry on 11/12 Scheduled to Day (Nov-29-2021)

Notice all changes were done on Friday's.

Ford Maverick No Maverick Scheduling Next Week (11/22) Scheduled to Day 11-29.JPG

Ford Maverick No Maverick Scheduling Next Week (11/22) Scheduled to Day 11-28.JPG

Jmsilver25

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Maverick XLT AWD ordered
Closed for Thanksgiving? I thought that Thanksgiving was strictly a US holiday.
Yes... and as an American company... they close offices during holidays. Why are factory workers expected to work when their coworkers are not?
I do not see anything wrong with them not having build dates that week.

Sponsored

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We'll at least that means one less thing to stress about next Thursday ;)
well...
you are telling us that you will not take a look to see if any action somehow is still happening next week..?

PCL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline (stopped waiting on Maverick)
its not Thanksgiving in Mexico, so they get off for there holidays and ours. And get paid for both?
There seems to be a lot of confusion here about scheduling vs manufacturing. No SCHEDULING for a week does not mean no PRODUCTION for a week. I have no idea if Production is suspended due to Thanksgiving, only that a scheduling break due to a holiday has nothing to do with it one way or the other.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tentative nonbinding and also this would be years away unless they did some back door shenanigans like "ok we'll commit to $X if you prioritize us through this production period"
I LIKE back door shenanigans! I do!

Mag Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean, can't Ford technically schedule on Thursday, just auto send out the e-mails. 7/7 hybrid with nothing but floor mats and still no production date. Ordered from a small town dealer in Iowa and am starting to think the allocation system is giving deference to large dealers.
Yes I believe you are right I ordered my Maverick the beginning of August and the same thing is happening with me I've been in touch with my dealership several times they are good good people real good but it's not them it's the Ford rep that's in that area will not give them any allocations because they are small too so I will hang tight and hopefully get it for the summer of 22. 😞

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's a little hope on the horizon:

Ford to collaborate with Global Foundries to make chips.

"The strategic alliance aims to boost chip supplies by advancing semiconductor technology development and manufacturing in the U.S. Under the non-binding agreement, GlobalFoundries will create semiconductor chips for Ford’s current vehicle lineup, while the two companies will also collaborate on research and development and manufacturing opportunities. Additionally, the alliance will explore semiconductor solutions for battery management systems, ADAS, and in-vehicle networking."

https://fordauthority.com/2021/11/f...balfoundries-as-chip-supply-crisis-continues/
GloFo is the Hyundai of the foundry industry. They may have spare capacity since nobody uses them. Their lithography is in the stone age still on 28nm last I checked. They don't have money to chase tsm or Sammy down to 5nm. That's where your latest iPhone and Samsung ships are built.
Sponsored