2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes I’ve updated the firmware. The overall issues with the stereo and connectivity are well documented on this forum despite being up to date, or using new cables or having an up to date phone.

facts- the system is sub par and cannot function to the abilities of technology from the 2010’s. ford cut a lot of corners with the maverick but this cut was just ridiculous.
After the last iOS update and Firmware update, some of the issues have been less then before, since I have had my Maverick now 18 months, I'm very much aware of the subpar system.
Sponsored

youmax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mavrick lariat hibryd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi group,
Has it happened to anyone with the last update that the temperature indicators of the dual-zone climate control are deleted?
It doesn't show them anymore after the update.
Version MJ - G2.2.0.1_R23021A, Update 31.07.2023; Sync 2.5

Ford Maverick New stereo firmware update available! 418574315_10231826120412218_2421664580616504016_n

Damnkyle3

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 F150, 2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Finally able to try and get this update. Connected to wifi scan for updates and it doesn't find a new update. But current software version shows G2.1.0.1

Any reason why my truck can't find the update?
'23 XLT

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is not unusual. I recommend installing the update via USB stick. I downloaded the update to USB stick via notebook and then plugged it in the USB port. It worked like charm for me.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
This is not unusual. I recommend installing the update via USB stick. I downloaded the update to USB stick via notebook and then plugged it in the USB port. It worked like charm for me.
That option is only available to Lariat owners. XL and XLT owners have to use wi-fi.

Sponsored

Unkechaug

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To anyone having trouble updating Sync 2.5 and had to get a dealer to install it for them: does it fix the issue with updates not download/installing, or am I gonna need to take this thing to a service center every single time a new update is released?

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To anyone having trouble updating Sync 2.5 and had to get a dealer to install it for them: does it fix the issue with updates not download/installing, or am I gonna need to take this thing to a service center every single time a new update is released?
I wont know until there's another update to give it a try.

Noofis12

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Finally able to try and get this update. Connected to wifi scan for updates and it doesn't find a new update. But current software version shows G2.1.0.1

Any reason why my truck can't find the update?
'23 XLT

I am in the same boat as you.

I have a 23 XLT and I have tried scanning for the update several times, tried hotspot with my phone and over public WIFI along with my home WIFI with no luck. A few times I was able to find the update but couldn't get past 0% loading. I tried a few weeks ago again and cant find the available update so I gave up for now.

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am in the same boat as you.

I have a 23 XLT and I have tried scanning for the update several times, tried hotspot with my phone and over public WIFI along with my home WIFI with no luck. A few times I was able to find the update but couldn't get past 0% loading. I tried a few weeks ago again and cant find the available update so I gave up for now.
I had problems last year when I tried to update my 2023 XLT. I could get to 100% downloaded but it wouldn't install.

When I went to my dealer for my first oil change they installed the update via IDS. The update fixed an audio cutoff problem that I was having.

Noofis12

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had problems last year when I tried to update my 2023 XLT. I could get to 100% downloaded but it wouldn't install.

When I went to my dealer for my first oil change they installed the update via IDS. The update fixed an audio cutoff problem that I was having.

Thanks for the info! Did the dealer charge you to do the update?

I am scheduled to bring my truck in on Friday for the new instrument cluster recall / software update.

Sponsored

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad I am not the only Maverick this is happing to. Thought I was hated for some reason. Just odd you can't update on wifi.
I tried in an area where everyone has nearby wifi, and area of only two. Same results. Mine has an RC in the version. In software world that would be a release candidate.
Sponsored