First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still haven’t been able to update my radios software and dealer was no help, i try to connect to my wifi with the closest I can get to it (which is about 100 feet away) and the connection it does get is just not strong enough I guess, it drops the connection every few minutes and then just refuses to connect for the next few minutes after. Also noticed the systems date is out of whack even more so more than when I got it with the system stating the date as being the 27th of December as of today, being as I’m a computer technician by trade I know that most networks don’t like the systems that are connecting to them to be off by any amount and try as I might, I find no mention in the owners manual nor in the systems clock setting to adjust this setting. Only other thing I can think of at this point is to find public wifi with a stronger signal and hopefully be able to update the system that way. Anyone ever find a way to update the system manually through a USB flash drive or something of that kind?
Use your phone as a WiFi hotspot for a better signal.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CenTexMav

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I noticed after the update that I sometimes have to unplug/plug in the cord when I first start the truck to get the system to start Android Auto. I have also gone into Spottily and have to do a reboot or unplug/plug in the cord to get the channels to show up.

AnnieWaits

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I noticed after the update that I sometimes have to unplug/plug in the cord when I first start the truck to get the system to start Android Auto. I have also gone into Spottily and have to do a reboot or unplug/plug in the cord to get the channels to show up.
Similar issues with Apple CarPlay taking a long time to recognize. It also really wants to default to FM radio instead of bluetooth audio streaming (which was the most recent selection) if you've been using CarPlay for a while then don't plug in.

DGleason

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Similar issues with Apple CarPlay taking a long time to recognize. It also really wants to default to FM radio instead of bluetooth audio streaming (which was the most recent selection) if you've been using CarPlay for a while then don't plug in.
Been at the dealership for 3 hours and still no update.
Sponsored