Sponsored

Firmware update for radios (DIY how-to instructions)

djw479

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Was surfing YouTube and came across this recent video. I don't have a Maverick yet so I'm not having problems with the radio (duh).

But in the video this guy goes through the steps to check for updates, and claims he was able to update the radio's firmware.

Hope this helps you folks that are suffering radio freezes! Let all of us know if this cures the problems.

Sponsored

jmjjr6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Was surfing YouTube and came across this recent video. I don't have a Maverick yet so I'm not having problems with the radio (duh).

But in the video this guy goes through the steps to check for updates, and claims he was able to update the radio's firmware.

Hope this helps you folks that are suffering radio freezes! Let all of us know if this cures the problems.

I hav a 2020 Ecosport was having the same issue, updated it took care of my problems.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Nice find. Thanks for sharing.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone who does this update can you post what is showing as the "Ford Audio Software" Version and Revision before updating.

In the video it is shown that after the update the version/revision are:
"Ford Audio Software" Version: G1.7.2.1_R21301a and the Revision: (G1.7.2.1_PRODUCT_GC)

With the before version/revision information we can see if there are a number of different version/revision numbers since the Maverick was first delivered to customers.

Also for those who do the update could you describe (or take pictures/videos) of what is shown on the screen during the actual update process.

Thanks

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone who does this update can you post what is showing as the "Ford Audio Software" Version and Revision before updating.

In the video it is shown that after the update the version/revision are:
"Ford Audio Software" Version: G1.7.2.1_R21301a and the Revision: (G1.7.2.1_PRODUCT_GC)

With the before version/revision information we can see if there are a number of different version/revision numbers since the Maverick was first delivered to customers.

Also for those who do the update could you describe (or take pictures/videos) of what is shown on the screen during the actual update process.

Thanks
Maybe by the time I receive mine March-May this issue has been resolved.
Sponsored