First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ahh, makes sense now. I received an email last night from my dealership that my truck has a build week for May 9th, and it also included my VIN number. I was kind of surprised I heard from the dealership first before I heard from Ford. I was expecting to get the latter first.
My dealer knew 3 days before I got the email from Ford. But they didn't tell me until after I found out from Ford.
Sponsored

scotwhoo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
@fordvideoguy
Thank you for the update.

I appreciate you!

@Ford Motor Company, Tim Bartz @fordvideoguy and Johnny at Johnny's Car Care and Reviews are the best representatives you have. I'm sure many of the thousands who have viewed their videos and postings would agree. I would never buy another Ford if it weren't for them. I also agree with another person who posted that preferring the old email system and more communication is better than none.

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I too would prefer more emails than less.
But hey Ford... Why with available modern internet and tracking systems can't the customer simply go to a web site and put in his name, order code dealer code etc and see the current status that the customer service rep looks at when we call. We understand that things can change. Why make folks who are waiting months wait for an email from Ford or a call from their dealer or even worse have to go through the process of calling customer service or using the chat to check current status of their order/build? Seems like a simple online solution would be best for all concerned and greatly reduce customer service workload and customer anxiety! After all it's not secret information if we can call and ask the status.
@Ford Motor Company THIS yes THIS. Why can't you create a read only web database that gets refreshed every night so that we can access this information ourselves. You might ask the poor folks at 800-334-4375 just how many phone calls and/or chat sessions they field every day that we could just look up ourselves.

Sheila Ness

First Name
Sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Oh my, this is distressing. I ordered in August 2021 and wanted my Maverick for my vacation this year in June. I don't think that is going to happen, so sad!!

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Told myself that if I didn't get an email this week, I'm done waiting for a Maverick.

My car has serious suspension issues and I've been nursing it along since my dealer told me my November 1st Ecoboost order should take 4-6 months. This week marks 5 months since my order with no build date. Even if they scheduled it this week, I'm looking at almost 7 months order to delivery. All while I've seen December/January orders delivered already!
(I honestly don't know how you June/July orders haven't gone insane waiting)

I was hesitant ordering another Ford after the Fiasco my current Fiesta's transmission, but this just pushed me over the edge.

I don't care if they can't build my truck until x date, please Ford, just keep your customers informed! Or just let me know my place in line! Or just let me know if I have a cold chance in hell of even getting my truck built!

I'm calling my dealer on Friday. If they can't tell me when I'm getting my truck, my Fiesta will be the last Ford I even own. A vehicle isn't something I can just wait forever on.

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It would be nice to get a vin email. Any sign of progress is a good thing. As it stands now, we are all in the dark and can do nothing but complain on the internet and inundate Ford's CS phone with questions. I realize the allocation system is complicated but maybe Ford can come up with some sort of grouping system to let people know their order is at least moving up in the queue even if it hasn't actually been schedule or even assigned a VIN.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sooooo what's going to fill my Thursdays now? Will I actually have to be productive at work instead of constantly refreshing the weekly thread and my email? :cautious:
Back to the grind! 😁

JoshC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will dealerships still ge
Hello All Current and Future Maverick Customers
We fully recognize there is a lot of interest and excitement about the Maverick. We are here to answer your questions and be as transparent with you as possible about any confusion in the ordering, scheduling, and production process. Rest-assured, our goal is to build as many Mavericks as we can and satisfy as many new Maverick customers as possible given global supply chain challenges. Thank you for your interest in Maverick and your patience during this process. Our goal is to build as many Mavericks as we can so you can get out there and enjoy the 2022 North American Truck of the Year!
is an hybrid order placed on 9/15 considered a late order?

Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello All Current and Future Maverick Customers
We fully recognize there is a lot of interest and excitement about the Maverick. We are here to answer your questions and be as transparent with you as possible about any confusion in the ordering, scheduling, and production process. Rest-assured, our goal is to build as many Mavericks as we can and satisfy as many new Maverick customers as possible given global supply chain challenges. Thank you for your interest in Maverick and your patience during this process. Our goal is to build as many Mavericks as we can so you can get out there and enjoy the 2022 North American Truck of the Year!
Sure. Your communication processes are abysmal...so you plan to make them even less efficient? That won't help anyone.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So we won't get an email when we have a VIN. We can still harass *cough* call * cough* the customer service and they can tell us of we have a VIN before we get a build email, correct?

Jazzjms

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Ford Motor Company I feel a lack of future emails to be rubbing salt into an open wound for me. I ordered a Lariat 125 days ago and have received nothing from Ford. I didn’t even get the recent “blanket” email that didn’t tell you much. I realize a Lariat w/Lux contains many constraints but wish a vehicle the way I ordered it. The only thing I had to hang on to was the hope of an email telling me I had a vin or something. Throw me a bone please! Lately I have seen numerous social media posts of Lariats being received that were ordered as much as two months after mine.

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would NOT want to be answering the phones at Ford's Customer service lines on Thursdays...
Sponsored