Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
I heard from the Maverick Brand Manager and found out that they changed when the scheduling emails are sent.

Old system: You received an email as soon as your vehicle received a VIN and scheduled build week. As well as an email if the build week changed or was moved.

New system: You receive an email once your vehicle gets a scheduled build day. Which probably happens about 1-2 weeks out from your build day. Ford was finding that because orders were moving around, they wanted to avoid inundating customers with vehicle scheduled emails. So you may have a build week and vin and not know it until it gets a "Schedule to Day" status.

I voiced my feedback (as a order holder myself) to him. Feel free to tag @FordMotorCompany and voice your opinion. Only way things change is with feedback.

Updated with latest video:

Sponsored

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I watched the whole thing this morning. Here's a summary of the Maverick stuff of interest that I noted:
  • Just in case some folks are unaware, this week's allocations are all still for March allocations. This is always based on what month the Monday was in (in this case, 3/28, so March).
  • At 27:48 in the video, Tim discussed the issue of no "your build has been scheduled" emails going out the past two weeks (and noted the irony of this happening after the mass email that everyone got). He did indeed say he'd reached out to someone at Ford, who initially said as far as they knew emails would still be going out, but was going to check into it and get back to him.
  • At 45:10, Tim mentioned that pretty much all of the unscheduled June/July orders for his dealership were orders with Luxury package & CP-360. He further stated that it seemed to be the Lux package more than the CP-360 that was holding things up. He believes that their smaller number of allocations this month was due to other dealers having more "buildable" orders (i.e., fewer constrained items).
  • At 52:27 he talks a bit about the likelihood of First Editions being scheduled soon, and also mentions that the preview process can jump around a bit. For example, on Tuesday of last week, their 8 remaining allocations showed that all 8 were FEs being previewed, but then by Wednesday, there were 8 different orders in preview.
  • Finally, he mentioned at 1:02:56 that although it seems that Ford isn't always going by the "first in first out" method, the real driver was constraints, He notes that a lot of the Hybrids arriving at L-M lately are ones that do not have the Lux package and the CP-360, suggesting again that the Lux package is a real hold-up.
All in all, another excellent informative video by @fordvideoguy ...although I will say a bit depressing for a late Oct Hybrid XLT Lux CP-360 order like me. On the bright side, if I *do* get rolled over to MY23, maybe Ford will have taken Tim's advice and added a split rear seat by then...

Last edited by a moderator:

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thank you for the summary. I watched the first 45 minutes this morning, but didn't stick around for the gems later in the video.

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I heard from the Maverick Brand Manager and found out that they changed when the scheduling emails are sent.

Old system: You received an email as soon as your vehicle received a VIN and scheduled build week. As well as an email if the build week changed or was moved.

New system: You receive an email once your vehicle gets a scheduled build day. Which probably happens about 1-2 weeks out from your build day. Ford was finding that because orders were moving around, they wanted to avoid inundating customers with vehicle scheduled emails. So you may have a build week and vin and not know it until it gets a "Schedule to Day" status.

I voiced my feedback (as a order holder myself) to him. Feel free to tag @FordMotorCompany and voice your opinion. Only way things change is with feedback.
Thanks so much Tim for keeping us informed!

@fordmotorcompany this is a terrible change - for so many of us who've waited so long, the least Ford could do is go back to sending us an email when we get a build week, and then again when we get a build day.

Sponsored

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@fordvideoguy - sadly, it appears @fordmotorcompany deleted their account here. Notice it doesn't link here in the comment, and you can't look them up in the members section anymore. 🤷‍♂️ :(

Again, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO. Looks like you'll be our only source of info going forward...

EDIT: Thanks to @Naranjita for the heads-up, I should have searched for @Ford Motor Company (with spaces),

Last edited:

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Corporate:

Ford Maverick New Scheduling Emails system -- will now be sent once vehicle gets a scheduled build day 1648667539512

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hello All Current and Future Maverick Customers
We fully recognize there is a lot of interest and excitement about the Maverick. We are here to answer your questions and be as transparent with you as possible about any confusion in the ordering, scheduling, and production process. Rest-assured, our goal is to build as many Mavericks as we can and satisfy as many new Maverick customers as possible given global supply chain challenges. Thank you for your interest in Maverick and your patience during this process. Our goal is to build as many Mavericks as we can so you can get out there and enjoy the 2022 North American Truck of the Year!

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@fordvideoguy - sadly, it appears @fordmotorcompany deleted their account here. Notice it doesn't link here in the comment, and you can't look them up in the members section anymore. 🤷‍♂️ :(

Again, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO. Looks like you'll be our only source of info going forward...
You were forgetting the spaces.

Sponsored

jackyjack8

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Area 51 Lariat Luxury copilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We fully recognize there is a lot of interest and excitement about the Maverick. We are here to answer your questions and be as transparent with you as possible about any confusion in the ordering, scheduling, and production process. Rest-assured, our goal is to build as many Mavericks as we can and satisfy as many new Maverick customers as possible given global supply chain challenges. Thank you for your interest in Maverick and your patience during this process. Our goal is to build as many Mavericks as we can so you can get out there and enjoy the 2022 North American Truck of the Year!
If I already have a scheduled built date for the week of April 11th (two weeks out) will I get this new email of build day? Thanks!

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Ford Motor Company thanks for the response. Please convince management to go back to the old system - MORE status emails (even with schedule changes due to delays) are far better than even fewer emails!

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

baseballchamps

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Taurus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks so much Tim for keeping us informed!

@fordmotorcompany this is a terrible change - for so many of us who've waited so long, the least Ford could do is go back to sending us an email when we get a build week, and then again when we get a build day.
@fordmotorcompany agree this is a terrible change. Most people have not gotten any communication from Ford since order confirmation. We are all wondering if we will even get a vehicle this year and now you give us another 2 week blackout period. You are not providing basic customer service and we will not forget when things go back to normal. Better too much information than not enough!

MistiT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Misti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sooooo what's going to fill my Thursdays now? Will I actually have to be productive at work instead of constantly refreshing the weekly thread and my email? :cautious:
Sponsored