ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I need to know if I should get myself set up for disappointment.

I realized that with the the 12.5k$ tax rebate the f-150 lightning base model would cost less than my 1st edition. There's a jeep wrangler 4xe at the Chrysler dealer here, and a mach e at the ford dealer. I am getting ready to have things to think about when I start seeing people post about their golden tickets and my junk mail folder is still empty.
Sponsored

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is no scheduling tomorrow also keep in mind if you didn't reserve a lightning you wont get one the first year unless someone backs out.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's no scheduling tomorrow so no.

Also if you put yourself in the reservation pool for a Lightning you might see it in 2023. Ford is only building something like 30,000 next year. 80k after that.

OP
OP
ttthhasdf

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is no scheduling tomorrow also keep in mind if you didn't reserve a lightning you wont get one the first year unless someone backs out.
I reserved lightning may 20. First 20k. I don't think it matters.

OP
OP
ttthhasdf

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's no scheduling tomorrow so no.

Also if you put yourself in the reservation pool for a Lightning you might see it in 2023. Ford is only building something like 30,000 next year. 80k after that.
I am planning on holding on to both the mav and lightening but the mach e and the 4xe, man it is hard to wait.

Sponsored

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unless you have a huge income that 12.5k tax rebate is difficult to take advantage of.
For example someone making $50k Has an effective tax rate of 8.63%. That means they would owe $4314 of taxes.
The rebate being higher than the amount of tax owed means that this tax payer would owe 0$ in tax, but would not receive a refund for the remaining $8186 because it is not a 'tax credit'.
That remaining amount would be lost with no benefit to the person.

If anyone is a tax expert that can tell me otherwise I'd love to hear it, but I can't create enough tax liability to make these rebates worth it to me to buy an ev.

OP
OP
ttthhasdf

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unless you have a huge income that 12.5k tax rebate is difficult to take advantage of.
For example someone making $50k Has an effective tax rate of 8.63%. That means they would owe $4314 of taxes.
The rebate being higher than the amount of tax owed means that this tax payer would owe 0$ in tax, but would not receive a refund for the remaining $8186 because it is not a 'tax credit'.
That remaining amount would be lost with no benefit to the person.

If anyone is a tax expert that can tell me otherwise I'd love to hear it, but I can't create enough tax liability to make these rebates worth it to me to buy an ev.
Right now I think for a single person about 66k a year is the full point for 7.5 k, depending on other right offs of course, but the new package in Congress now is a full rebate, even if someone doesn't owe that much. Also it goes up from 7.5 k to up to 12.5 k. It goes down if the person makes over 400k a year and if the price of the vehicle is too high.

Looks like they changed the proposal again today. It is still up in the air but there will.be something.
Sponsored