First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just received a call from my dealer indicating they just received their allocation for Mavericks and they are only getting 1. So, they are calling all customers, who ordered with them, and refunding their deposits. What is most disappointing is that my order was placed, and I received confirmation email from Ford, on 9/15 and I was told I was the 2nd order placed by the dealer. so, assumed I was at, or near, the front of the line behind MY22 carryovers.

Anybody else getting calls like this today?
Yep, me too. I was working with a high volume dealer and they were told they were only allowed to order 19 and they already had orders for over 70! Needless to say, year two and I still won't get the Maverick I want even though I did not want the hybrid! Guess I will be looking back at the Santa Cruz again.
Sponsored

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just received a call from my dealer indicating they just received their allocation for Mavericks and they are only getting 1. So, they are calling all customers, who ordered with them, and refunding their deposits. What is most disappointing is that my order was placed, and I received confirmation email from Ford, on 9/15 and I was told I was the 2nd order placed by the dealer. so, assumed I was at, or near, the front of the line behind MY22 carryovers.

Sorry to hear this, Jim!
Hopefully you can be able to find a near msrp deal on a dealer stock Maverick later this year (If it's an Ecoboost, at least).
Sorry if I am covering old ground, but I didn't see you address this question.
Was your order placed with a big internet dealer of a local dealer? Big or small?
I'm just wondering which dealers are losing the allocations lottery?

Could some especially slimy dealers be cancelling their MSRP Hybrid deals now, hoping to use that Hybrid as one of their "stock" orders to make big bucks, later?

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Jim2023XLT
Can you start a POLL on this? I'm thinking this could become a very big deal!

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL

You may want to check local dealers for SO cancellations ,Mattews-Currie in Nakomis Florida had several in inventory on Saturday Sept 24 … yes they were priced $5000 over list but may be negotiable.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your order was probably the 2nd customer order after they had entered 50 orders for themselves.
Either that or they still have a bunch of roll overs from 2022 that have to be built and shipped.

Sponsored

Ellebob

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I heard the west coast dealers got many of their orders submitted the first day. Orders opened at 4:30 est and many that do the ordering leave at 5 or maybe 6. The computers crashed but we're back up in a couple of hours allowing some west coast dealers still at work to get some orders in that first day.
I know mine got delayed to the following morning. I went back to the dealership the following morning and one of the managers entered it and I got an email in a few minutes.
I have no idea if this makes a difference in the queue of all orders. If so I think in the future Ford should open order banks sometime mid-day to not benefit dealers on either coast too much. I just hope we all get our Mavs😁

Bob_Snow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could the low allocations be the result of the dealers not reaching the quota of selling to the original people that ordered? Ford punishing the dealers for taking orders and selling to someone else?

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I heard the west coast dealers got many of their orders submitted the first day. Orders opened at 4:30 est and many that do the ordering leave at 5 or maybe 6. The computers crashed but we're back up in a couple of hours allowing some west coast dealers still at work to get some orders in that first day.
I know mine got delayed to the following morning. I went back to the dealership the following morning and one of the managers entered it and I got an email in a few minutes.
I have no idea if this makes a difference in the queue of all orders. If so I think in the future Ford should open order banks sometime mid-day to not benefit dealers on either coast too much. I just hope we all get our Mavs😁
Sounds correct. I am on east coast and my dealer couldnt do anything the first day. We had to wait till the 16th. Doesnt make any sense to me opening the ordering that late in the day.

donbreiner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

You received confirmation from Ford, I would call Ford Customer Service, give them the required information & have them verify if indeed you have an order placed or not? Something doesn't square here.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds correct. I am on east coast and my dealer couldnt do anything the first day. We had to wait till the 16th. Doesnt make any sense to me opening the ordering that late in the day.
Should not impact those on the East coast. Given the allocation system, your position in line at your own dealer in your region matters more than whether California got a day head start.

Sponsored

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nope. Not fishy at all. There are 3 or 4 threads on this subject that have been going on since Monday. Ford sent out the "anticipated allocation" to all dealers on Monday about 5PM and in almost every case it was roughy 10%-15% of what they expected. My dealer was also told they only had ONE (1) allocation for all of MY23. A dealer that sold 300 Mavericks last year was told they would only be given 11 this year (and showed the screenshot of the allocation system showing only 1 per month).

Now, everyone truly hopes this is wrong. Tim talked about it briefly on his pod-cast. Needless to say, both dealers and customers are freaking out. Unfortunately, even if the allocation numbers are wrong, Ford is likely to only be able to produce about 20%-30% of the number of MY23 hybrid orders that they have taken (but good news for Ecos since they will produce most of those).
Who's your dealer?

IEZ69

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 kia niro 2022 Ford Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

You sure it's not for their own allocation? I would call ford and double check.

downdog1453

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your order was probably the 2nd customer order after they had entered 50 orders for themselves.
Ford prioritizes customer orders over dealer orders
Sponsored