Sponsored

Dealer refunding my $500 deposit because Ford took on too many Maverick orders?

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

JulezBeKlassy

First Name
Julez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
You 100% got got. They're gonna sell it at a GIANT markup when it comes in. Also I'm glad I went in to order on July 30th and did a preorder.

MommaMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I laughed out loud on this one.....

Let me translate for you.

"They would refund me my $500 deposit." = "Hey customer, we want to give you the deposit back so we aren't obligated to sell it to you if/when it gets built."

"They said they would leave my name on the order in case it was able to get built." = "We aren't going to cancel your order. If it gets built, we will sell it to the highest bidder since we returned your deposit".

Call them back and say that you don't want your deposit back. You want them to hold on to the deposit until the 2023 model year is balanced out and Ford has finished scheduling the 2023 model year.
I would have to agree. Sounds a bit scammy to me.

Dimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
Undecided
I ordered day of opening. Got an email from Ford within 15 min. No email nothing? They are definitely being shady

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer provided a contract we both signed. Absent of conflicting law, contracts are legally binding and you can seek remedy in the courts. It basically says that in exchange for the rest of the deposit, they will order a specific vehicle for me. When it arrives, I have to pick it up in a timely fashion or they will sell it. They also have an anti-scalper clause.

It says nonrefundable, but they already rolled it into the out-the-door price. If Ford can't build it, they obviously violated their end of the contract and will refund it.
what is their definition of ' When it arrives, I have to pick it up in a timely fashion or they will sell it. '?

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
what is their definition of ' When it arrives, I have to pick it up in a timely fashion or they will sell it. '?
It's spelled out in the contract. I think it is within three business days but they will give me a play-by-play on the delivery. So, there is not a real excuse to not be ready to pick it up. Basically, as soon as it is shipped, I will be given an approximate date and as the truck gets closer, an actual date.

That said, if my schedule is busy, they will work around it. For example, if I'm out of town on a trip, they will hold it until I get back. Given I will likely know the approximate delivery date a couple weeks in advance, I can work with them if I think there will be a conflict.

They are just trying to reduce the chance of a customer ghosting or stringing them along.

st3v

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They probably want to change it to an ecoboost so it gets scheduled and built, and then sell it with a markup.

smoothslash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From my understanding if you have a signed DORA and they put your name on it they have to sell it to you correct??
Sponsored