sweatyyeti

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
So this apparently is true. I text my dealer:

“Good morning. I heard that Ford is allocating only X amount of Mavericks to dealerships based on size and amount sold last year. I jumped on the forum to see if others were talking about this topic.

From posts it seems that even though some people placed orders within the ordering window and received an order email from Ford and also got the order slip from the dealer they may be out of luck.

Any truth to this?”

and this is what they replied with:

“Good Morning! Yes that is true. We are going to know our allocation on Wednesday and who gets pushed through. We sold a lot last year and have a lot of orders this year. I don't know how many allocations we are going to get but I will keep you posted. When I find out is when you will!”

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So this apparently is true. I text my dealer:

“Good morning. I heard that Ford is allocating only X amount of Mavericks to dealerships based on size and amount sold last year. I jumped on the forum to see if others were talking about this topic.

From posts it seems that even though some people placed orders within the ordering window and received an order email from Ford and also got the order slip from the dealer they may be out of luck.

Any truth to this?”

and this is what they replied with:

“Good Morning! Yes that is true. We are going to know our allocation on Wednesday and who gets pushed through. We sold a lot last year and have a lot of orders this year. I don't know how many allocations we are going to get but I will keep you posted. When I find out is when you will!”
Where did you order from?

Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At least they are responsive and will keep you informed. My dealer has been ghosting me. But i get it, i can be annoying.

sweatyyeti

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
At least they are responsive and will keep you informed. My dealer has been ghosting me. But i get it, i can be annoying.
Oh trust me I think I’ve been annoying to them too, but I ask them questions that are highly relevant and not really premature to the point in a sense where it’s not out of reach for them to respond with a reasonable answer related to my order. Plus we are the customers so I think we have a right to ask questions.

I’ll wait to see what happens Wednesday. If I am a lucky one that got their order in, then I wait. I put a deposit down June 23. I don’t know where I was on the list of orders being submitted by my dealership.

If I’m not lucky, then I get my deposit back and get through the holidays and see if something pops up unless my car dies by then and I am forced to make a move on anything I can get my hands on at that time.

WaitingHaulDogs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tucson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't blame you. best of luck with it.
They seem to have plenty of chips for the other stuff..the 2 Ford dealers in my area are loaded with full size pick-ups and even quite a few broncos. .the Mavericks are getting pushed aside for higher priced sales

REMUB40

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV 2013 Chevy Cruze
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was on vacation when the orders opened. I went by the dealership before I left and gave him my driver's license to copy. He put it through on Friday. I had to call Ford to conform that they got my order and they did. I went by there today to see if they could summit the COVP as I am not changing anything. He said they would do it Wednesday. He also said they initially had 35 allocations, but it was reduced to 30. I was number 8. There seems to be conflicting stories here about the allocations being for the retail orders and dealer orders. I am leaning towards the allocation being for retail. Thankfully I am not in need of a vehicle and it shows up one day. Ford also stated that the dealer did not provide my email and that is why I was not notified and that they could not put it in their system. The dealer still needs to get it to them so I can get future notifications. Hopefully the COVP takes care of this.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Mav230

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
WC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its a Ford Ranger!!
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Around April of this year I cant remember I ordered a MY22 maverick and paid the deposit. I was a 100% sure I wouldn't get one till the 23 models was built and was fine with that. Even though my full of crap sales person said it would be a couple months and I was second in line. I never got an email or nothing from Ford. I assumed I would get one when the order banks opened and let things happen when they happen. However, I have been busy at work the last couple months or more and not on the truck club to keep up with what's going. My mistake big time. So, I get a call from my sales person on 9/20 at 1:57 pm!! and he says that my order has been pushed to a MY23 (DUH!!!) and I need to get there by 7pm to sign for it since the order banks close that day. So I did. Then I check my email about an hour later and Ford sent me one.

Does this mean Ford doesn't know I made an order till 9/20?

So before I go back down there and have a high speed come apart filled with lots of screaming and vulgarity more than likely. Did I go to the back of the line?

Update, I went to the dealer and was took to the sales manager I guess. I said I was told in April that you had two allocations and one was taken so I need to put a deposit down and it would be built in a couple months. Then and THEN you call me with 5 hours to go on the MY23 order bank and I need to get down to the dealership to sign an order form because it was pushed back?!! By the time I got off work I did not have enough time to go somewhere else, now we are in bed together on this deal so whats the truth? After we talked and it seemed more in line with what I have learned on this site and he offered a card so I could call him. Respectfully I dont need it because I will come see you in person. I will stop every couple weeks or maybe every week and check on it. They may tell me I dont need to come so often and I will tell them that I shouldnt have been told lies to get my deposit on about 30 grand.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Ford licensed" means that Ford pays Toyota to use their patents.
Funny how Ford tried to downplay Toyota's involvement... while their subsidiary (Aisin) was literally producing the transmissions.

Scot LX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Honda Element, Royal Enfield INT650
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This sounds like bad news for me. I stopped by the local dealer a couple weeks early, to get the paperwork started. Was told my order would be put in right away when the banks opened. Even stopped by the day before to make sure my was still ready to go and that they hadn't forgotten me. Was told that they would get me in as soon as they had confirmation of order process starting, and that I should expect a text when all was done. Waited all day, not text. Stopped by after work to check on the status, only to be told that the person I was working with had the day off and she would get to it the next day. Was also told about the computer crash and ho they were only able to get two orders in for other customers, so now I am completely out for day 1 and the dealers there that day didn't even offer to try to add my order, I assume because they wouldn't get much of a cut for helping my dealer out. Then the dealer I was working with texted me a little while later telling me about the computer problems but not even mentioning that she hadn't even tried.

I was able to get in the second day, but that wasn't even completed until after I stopped by to move things along after work. So, even though I got my confirmation, there was the better part of 2 days worth of orders in before me. Since I am on the west coast, the east coast dealers had a full two days in before me.

Hopefully the low allocation numbers are meant as the numbers that the dealers can order above those already confirmed for buyers.
Sponsored