First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Corolla S Premium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just received a call from my dealer indicating they just received their allocation for Mavericks and they are only getting 1. So, they are calling all customers, who ordered with them, and refunding their deposits. What is most disappointing is that my order was placed, and I received confirmation email from Ford, on 9/15 and I was told I was the 2nd order placed by the dealer. so, assumed I was at, or near, the front of the line behind MY22 carryovers.

Anybody else getting calls like this today?
Not yet, but I ordered mine on 9/16, so we'll see, maybe I'll end up at the Toyota or Mazda dealer where I didn't really want to go!
Sponsored

Ponyprez

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang 2+2, 2008 Shelby GT500, 2015 Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One of my subcontractors received a call from a dealer here in the Los Angeles area informing him that the 2022 model he placed a deposit for (Hybrid) was no longer available. He was told he could get his deposit back or he could sign up for the 2023 model with a $2,000 mark up.
My 2023 order was about 4K more, if I get cancelled I will be very disappointed and my last new car will likely not be a Ford.

Takk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, HP Red
How could we possibly assume, at this point, that Ford will only be able to fill 20% - 30% of My23 hybrid orders with the data provided so far? We only have a sample of the "online" community and a few dealerships stating that orders may be 80% hybrid. But 80% of what? 20K, 30K, 50K, 100K? We have no idea how many orders were placed before the order banks were closed. Maybe the order banks window was so short to ensure that they could produce and deliver all retail orders? We just don't know. For now.
Yep, and nobody knows what fleet orders may have looked like. For all we know, Fleet sales could be Ford's primary market

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The dealer in Austin just processed our $500 deposit a few minutes ago for an order placed on Sept 15th. Maybe they were waiting for some kind of confirmation from Ford.

brielee3

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just received a call from my dealer indicating they just received their allocation for Mavericks and they are only getting 1. So, they are calling all customers, who ordered with them, and refunding their deposits. What is most disappointing is that my order was placed, and I received confirmation email from Ford, on 9/15 and I was told I was the 2nd order placed by the dealer. so, assumed I was at, or near, the front of the line behind MY22 carryovers.

You didn't order through Bayside Ford by chance? Your experience sounds identical to mine with the exception of they said my order was one of two successful orders submitted on the 15th. Ordered at 4:30 on the 15th (order didn't go through until 6:05). Email from ford confirming, now I have a voicemail from dealership the order is being cancelled because dealership has one allocation.

Sponsored

REMUB40

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV 2013 Chevy Cruze
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was on vacation when the orders opened. I went by the dealership before I left and gave him my driver's license to copy. He put it through on Friday. I had to call Ford to conform that they got my order and they did. I went by there today to see if they could summit the COVP as I am not changing anything. He said they would do it Wednesday. He also said they initially had 35 allocations, but it was reduced to 30. I was number 8. There seems to be conflicting stories here about the allocations being for the retail orders and dealer orders. I am leaning towards the allocation being for retail. Thankfully I am not in need of a vehicle and it shows up one day. Ford also stated that the dealer did not provide my email and that is why I was not notified and that they could not put it in their system. The dealer still needs to get it to them so I can get future notifications. Hopefully the COVP takes care of this.
Update: I went by the dealer to ask them to summit my COPV. They did and now Ford has my email and I got a email conformation. I asked him about the priority code and he stated that all new orders are 19. He printed out a new order sheet and it is now a 16! He also confirmed that their 30 allocations they were given are for the entire new 23 retail orders, not roll overs (which was also 30).

Tricky Dicky

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Taco (deceased)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I highly doubt either of these are true.

Ford is Ford.

Maverick is low profit.

All resources are directed to high profit, after CAFE requirements are achieved.

Ford is Ford.

They aren't the same Ford they were previously.

PROFIT.
To quote Enzo Ferrari in the movie "Ford vs Ferrari", "... and YOU'RE NOT HENRY FORD!"

IEZ69

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 kia niro 2022 Ford Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Noticed a video on Youtube where Toyota is now planning on releasing a small truck to compete with the Maverick. They are always behind the curve and playing catch up. Seems like all they do these days is let others innovate then they follow with what seems to sell. The early Prius might have been the only thing that comes to mind where they were ahead of the game.
They even copied that. They took the idea from GM's electric car.
Sponsored